Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Update error help needed

Title
    Thanks

Update error help needed

Hello everyone hopefully someone can help me out with this problem. Every time I try to update my xtrend et8500 it comes up with an error message that says (error - problem retrieving update list)
    I'm new to the vix platform and flashing etc so be kind lol!!
    Thanks Steve Evans

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Legacy7770 View Post
    Hello everyone hopefully someone can help me out with this problem. Every time I try to update my xtrend et8500 it comes up with an error message that says (error - problem retrieving update list)
    I'm new to the vix platform and flashing etc so be kind lol!!
    Thanks Steve Evans
    Xtrend and a few other boxes had a problem with using the Software Update feature updating to 4.2.22 and 4.2.23 if I remember correctly.

You entered that you were on 4.2 but not the release number (press Menu/Information/about and read the line which says Image: 4.2.xxx (Release))

Suggest that you make a settings backup (Menu/Setup/ViX/Backup Manager then Green button (New Backup) first of all, then do a 'couch flash':

1. Menu/Setup/ViX/Image Manager then Yellow button (Downloads), select 4.2.23 and then Green button then OK to 'yes' in the following pop-up.

2. When the download has completed, press Exit once to return to Image Manager, select 4.2.23 and then Blue button (Restore) then OK to 'yes' prompt.

3. The box will prepare and then the flashing tool will appear. It will take a good few minutes before the box reboots and the Initial Wizard starts.

4. The Wizard will help you get the basic setup, then ask if want to restore settings - select 'yes' and then select the settings backup you made earlier. After a short while, you will then be asked if you want to restore Enigma2 settings (yes) followed by Plugins (yes).

5. Go make a cup of tea!

6. All things being equal, the box will eventually reboot and you will be up and running again!

If you are totally new to all of this, it can seem a bit daunting, but further help will always be available here. If you do have problems, try to be as specific as you can as to what you have done and make a note of any error messages.

Good luck!
    2x TM Twin-OE, Fixed dish on 28.2E, quad LNB
    http://www.sherv.net/cm/emoticons/co...y-emoticon.gif

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Piranha For This Useful Post:

Tonystark7 (05-01-17)

Title
    Thanks
    Hello, My first post ....

I recently purchased the Technomate Nano to replace the Xtrend 8500 due to recording issues with Vm only.

The Technomate was amazing recorded did everything as expected.

Then over the Xmas break updated to 4.2.23 and all was not well. could not watch channels while recording and recordings could not be played back.

Yesterday after a chat with Stef at wos rolled back to 4.2.21 which was the image the box originally came with, and everything is working 100%.

Images 4.2.22 + 4.2.23 are not compatible for the Technomate but have been advised 4.2.24 has the fix.

Hope this Helps

Title
    Thanks
    I have 2x TM Twin OE boxes and am running 4.2.23 on both with no problems. The TM Twin is an old box now and it may be that new drivers for the TM Nano have caused the issue, whereas there hasn't been any new drivers for the old Twin OE box for quite some time.

In your case, I would stay on 4.2.21 and make a backup before you update to 4.2.24 when it is released.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Piranha For This Useful Post:

Tonystark7 (05-01-17)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Piranha View Post
    I have 2x TM Twin OE boxes and am running 4.2.23 on both with no problems. The TM Twin is an old box now and it may be that new drivers for the TM Nano have caused the issue, whereas there hasn't been any new drivers for the old Twin OE box for quite some time.

In your case, I would stay on 4.2.21 and make a backup before you update to 4.2.24 when it is released.
    Thanks Piranha that's the plan and have my 4.2.21 on usb and backup restore ready, just incase 4.2.24 don't work.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks all for your help. I've now to the latest software but I've got 2 more problems
    My front panel display on my xtrend et8500 you can see a line at the bottom of the display seems to be the TV picture. My second problem is with the hdmi cec setup. No matter what I do I can't get it to work with my Samsung TV. Any help would be much appreciated Thanks Steve

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts

Update error help needed

Thanks all for your help. I've now to the latest software but I've got 2 more problems
    My front panel display on my xtrend et8500 you can see a line at the bottom of the display seems to be the TV picture. My second problem is with the hdmi cec setup. No matter what I do I can't get it to work with my Samsung TV. Any help would be much appreciated Thanks Steve
    1/ Is your skin positioner set to default (user interface > position setup). Default should be; 255, 0, 720, 0 & 576. If not set to default & turn your overscan feature off on your tv. On the samsung maybe something called "screen fit", "Just Scan" etc in your Display settings.
    2/ you will need to pair your Xtrend remote to the tv. Take a look at the guides and tv codes guide etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Andy_Hazza; 05-01-17 at 20:21. Reason: Typo
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks again for all the replys guy's it's much appreciated!!
    Down to the last problem. How do I set up hdmi cec feature on the xtrend et8500 with my Samsung TV??
    I've tried all the settings on the xtrend et8500 and the TV with no luck. I have a firestick plugged in to the TV and that works turning on switching inputs etc.
    Just can't get the xtrend working.
    Once again thanks for all the replys guy's Yours sincerely Steve Evans

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks again for all the replys guy's it's much appreciated!!
    Down to the last problem. How do I set up hdmi cec feature on the xtrend et8500 with my Samsung TV??
    I've tried all the settings on the xtrend et8500 and the TV with no luck. I have a firestick plugged in to the TV and that works turning on switching inputs etc.
    Just can't get the xtrend working.
    Once again thanks for all the replys guy's Yours sincerely Steve Evans
    Why don't you just pair the Xtrend remote to the Samsung Tv?

Title
    Thanks
    Had the same thing with my two boxes.
    Not been able to update for a whole now, so I took the plunge this evening, tried the above the restore failed.
    Messed it up completely and now I'm back to the frikkin drawing board...... Starting to understand why my Mrs hates these set ups...... Such a ball ache!

Title
    Thanks
    I've printed off the 'The how to Flash' document and will be attempting this evening on the Edision OS Mini before attempting it on the Xtrend ET8500.....
    It pains me to know I'm right back at the start again and her indoors just wants to pay for sky.....
    Sod that - I need to fix this!!!

Title
    Thanks
    What a donut! I've just realised I can't do it on the Edision first because it's completely different?! :/
    Does anyone have the restore zip folder for this box at all?
    I believe it to be openvix-3.2.033.release-osmini_usb.zip

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by beaudaniels View Post
    What a donut! I've just realised I can't do it on the Edision first because it's completely different?! :/
    Does anyone have the restore zip folder for this box at all?
    I believe it to be openvix-3.2.033.release-osmini_usb.zip
    It would have been a good idea to start a new thread! However, you seem to need help, so I will do my best to get you on the right track!

Flashing your OS Mini to an outdated image (3.2.033) doesn't make sense - why not download the latest (4.2.026 as of this morning) image and flash that?

Please be clear what image you want to update from and which box you need help with, then I'm sure you will get solid advice from any number of people on here, including myself.
    Last edited by Piranha; 11-01-17 at 10:16. Reason: Typo

Title
    Thanks
    That my friend is moooosic to my ears
    I have the Openvix .16 zip folder for my Xtrend, but need the files for 4.2.026 for Edision if what you say is the case.....
    I don't get home until 5:30pm, but when I do I'll jump straight onto the Edision first as that box is upstairs.... Assuming the Mrs doesn't kill me as I walk through the door?!

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by beaudaniels View Post
    That my friend is moooosic to my ears
    I have the Openvix .16 zip folder for my Xtrend, but need the files for 4.2.026 for Edision if what you say is the case.....
    I don't get home until 5:30pm, but when I do I'll jump straight onto the Edision first as that box is upstairs.... Assuming the Mrs doesn't kill me as I walk through the door?!
    You need to clarify the following:
    I have the Openvix .16 zip folder for my Xtrend
    If that means 4.1.016 image release, you will need to flash any version 4.2.xxx WITHOUT restoring settings and plugins, basically, starting from scratch again. Presume that you understand how to connect to your boxes and FTP files in and out?

BEFORE you update, copy your Softcam Config files to your PC, viz:

If you are using CCCam, copy CCCam.cfg from /etc.

If you are using MGCamd, copy mg_cfg and newcamd.list from /usr/keys.

Flash the new image, either from USB stick if you have downloaded it to your PC, or via Menu/Setup/ViX/Image Manager/ Yellow button (downloads).

When the initial wizard asks if you want to restore settings, select 'no', same for plugins.

Use the wizard to setup the basics, including your tuners and then go to Menu/Plugins/Green Button (download plugins) - select softcams and download either CCCam 2.3 or MGCamd 1.38 - whichever you need. You can also download any other plugins you need at this point.

Setup and run ABM (AutoBouquetsMaker) for your region (Menu/Service Searching/AutoBouquetsMaker) - if you don't understand how to do this, just ask.

Setup EPG (Menu/Setup/System/EPG) - presume that you have done this before? If not, refer to the ViX image guide or ask here!

Start your Softcam (Menu/Setup/Softcam/CI/Softcam Manager - select your Softcam, set it to Autostart, then activate it.

In channel selection settings (Menu/Setup/System/Channel selection settings) select 'Always show bouquets ' as 'yes' unless you prefer to access your bouquets differently.

If you are somewhat overwhelmed by all of this, don't panic! Although it might all seem like rocket-science to you at the moment, trust me, it will eventually become very easy!

Good luck and don't be afraid to ask for help - but, please try to explain your problem as clearly as you can.
    Last edited by Piranha; 11-01-17 at 12:39. Reason: Typo

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Piranha For This Useful Post:

Ashley69 (11-01-17),beaudaniels (11-01-17)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast