Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: download

Title
    Thanks

download

Hi guys. I’ve got an openvix zgemma box. I want to install iptv but when I try to download im not getting any options. Please can you help?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    We do not support your manufacturer. Read rule 19.

Install a supported image for your receiver.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    Sorry dude but you won't get any support here for a zgemma. There dangerous counterfeit boxes and best avoided.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    That's plain bullshit. Even OpenPLi makes images for ZGemma boxes.

To put it in simple words: OpenViX doesn't make official images for them. Any OpenViX for ZGemma was compiled by a 3rd party, not OpenViX.
    Preferably use some image where the image team officially supports the box.

Gesendet von meinem Siemens C25 mit Tapatalk
    Receiver/TV:
    • Vu+ Duo² 4*S2+2*C / 1.8TB HDD / OpenATV 6.1@Samsung 50" Plasma
    • AX Quadbox 2400 / 2*S2/2*C / 930GB HDD / OpenATV 6.1@Samsung 32" LCD
    • Vu+ Solo² / 465GB HDD / OpenATV 6.1
    • Vu+ Solo² / 230GB HDD / OpenATV 6.1
    • DVBSky S2-Twin-Tuner PCIe@Samsung SyncMaster T240HD (PC)
    Pay TV: Redlight Mega, Brazzers TV Europe, XXL, HD-, Sky
    Internet: Unitymedia 1play 100 / Cisco EPC3212 + Linksys WRT1900ACS + Fritz!Box 7390 / IPv4 (UM) + IPv6 (HE)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,461 Times in 6,675 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaceRat View Post
    Even OpenPLi makes images for ZGemma boxes.
    It is correct that PLi builds images for these clones, but that won't change our stance.

Help asked via PM will be ignored.
    The forum is there for help and all will benefit from your questions.
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN, IN OPEN FORUM OR PM !

English is not my native tongue.
    I apologise for all my grammar, spelling and idiom errors.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    That's plain bullshit. Even OpenPLi makes images for ZGemma boxes.

To put it in simple words: OpenViX doesn't make official images for them. Any OpenViX for ZGemma was compiled by a 3rd party, not OpenViX.
    Preferably use some image where the image team officially supports the box.

Gesendet von meinem Siemens C25 mit Tapatalk
    Pli are free to support any manufacturer they choose as are ViX. Zgemma are made by a notorious clone manufacturer the same ones who mass produced the Vu+ solo and xp1000 clones that eventually lead to those boxes being discontinued from ViX support as they were abusing the image feeds with their cloned boxes and images.

so call it bullshit all you want it wont make any difference, they still wont be supported here.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Whilst I understand the stance of this forum regarding clones can I just say that boxes like the Zgemma should be given some credit for advancing 'the cause'. I started with one because they were cheap and I had absolutely no idea regarding Enigma2 & openvix but took the plunge because of the relatively cheap cost.

When I realised that I could actually get a box up & running and as my knowledge increased I wanted something better and bought an official Solo2+ from WOS and so have several other people I know. So it's not all bad.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by spanner123 View Post
    Whilst I understand the stance of this forum regarding clones can I just say that boxes like the Zgemma should be given some credit for advancing 'the cause'. I started with one because they were cheap and I had absolutely no idea regarding Enigma2 & openvix but took the plunge because of the relatively cheap cost.

When I realised that I could actually get a box up & running and as my knowledge increased I wanted something better and bought an official Solo2+ from WOS and so have several other people I know. So it's not all bad.
    There cheap because there mass manufactured with zero zero safety checks and no quality control.

There are plent of other cheap boxes out there that have at least been tested before going to the customer. These things are a genuine health hazard and I'm amazed no one has been killed because of one of them yet.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    So a "Zgemma" isn't all bad when they are a known fire hazard that don't conform to regulations?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Hazza View Post
    So a "Zgemma" isn't all bad when they are a known fire hazard that don't conform to regulations?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The box is not the hazard but some mains leads, or is there something I don't know about?

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by spanner123 View Post
    The box is not the hazard but some mains leads, or is there something I don't know about?
    Just look on the forums, they regularly fail due to shoddy manufacturing and even shoddier internal components and even the fuse in the plug is fake meaning you have zero in the way of surge protection.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Anyway regardless of safety what I was trying to say is in the end these cheap boxes help increase sales of official boxes as people move on from them fairly quickly.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry-G View Post
    Pli are free to support any manufacturer they choose as are ViX.
    Indeed.
    Any image team is free to support or not to support any box for any reason they deem fit.
    I wouldn't buy one either, as they are extremely low end and they look like crap already.

I just wanted to remark that those ZGemma boxes are not clone boxes.
    The definition of a clone box is quite clear: A box that attempts to appear as some other box (Probably one with a high reputation) without actually being that other box, e.g. the Meelo SE that simulates a Vu+ Solo².
    Receiver/TV:
    • Vu+ Duo² 4*S2+2*C / 1.8TB HDD / OpenATV 6.1@Samsung 50" Plasma
    • AX Quadbox 2400 / 2*S2/2*C / 930GB HDD / OpenATV 6.1@Samsung 32" LCD
    • Vu+ Solo² / 465GB HDD / OpenATV 6.1
    • Vu+ Solo² / 230GB HDD / OpenATV 6.1
    • DVBSky S2-Twin-Tuner PCIe@Samsung SyncMaster T240HD (PC)
    Pay TV: Redlight Mega, Brazzers TV Europe, XXL, HD-, Sky
    Internet: Unitymedia 1play 100 / Cisco EPC3212 + Linksys WRT1900ACS + Fritz!Box 7390 / IPv4 (UM) + IPv6 (HE)

14. The Following User Says Thank You to SpaceRat For This Useful Post:

IAmATeaf (31-12-16)

Title
    Thanks
    I think asked before but are they supposed to be a clone of? Beyond Vix if you look at the description of updates you'll see references to fixes for these zgemma boxes so somebody in the overall development circle categorises the boxes differently.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Indeed.
    Any image team is free to support or not to support any box for any reason they deem fit.
    I wouldn't buy one either, as they are extremely low end and they look like crap already.

I just wanted to remark that those ZGemma boxes are not clone boxes.
    The definition of a clone box is quite clear: A box that attempts to appear as some other box (Probably one with a high reputation) without actually being that other box, e.g. the Meelo SE that simulates a Vu+ Solo².
    They may not necessarily be clones in the true sense of the word but there still a poorly built and very dangerous piece of shit sold to unsuspecting customers on the false promise of ViX support solely to generate revenue. (pardon my french or not !!).

I could tolerate them if they only adhered to real safety checks and not just a fake arsed sticker smacked on its arse, only barely tolerate them mind.

SIMPLES.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast