Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Flash Expander

Title
    Thanks

Flash Expander

Hi guys,
    After some help yet again! I've been trying to add some plugins and after only having kodi installed on my system, when i tryed to install another plugin i was getting a fail saying memory full.
    I have a 1tb hdd so i knew it wasnt this so assuming its the internal flash. I installed flash expander from the plugin memory and all was fine, extra plugins now downloaded, but when i came to view my recordings there all gone!

I checked my settings and the recordings path is still the same media/hdd/movie, however when i ftp the box there is no movie file anymore!
    I created one on my laptop and sent it to my box via ftp, but now when i check recording and playback settings - instant recording location, it says /media/hdd/movie/ is internal flash!

I've removed the plugin flash expander hoping everything would return,but it hasnt.

I dont really know what changes i've actually made with installing flash expander or what it actually does, please could someone explain?

Do i need to reflash? i'm guessing i've done something to the hdd!

please can someone throw any light on flash expander so i can better understand what i've done?

Thanks

Title
    Thanks
    Just ftp my duo and found my recordings in /usr/movie - i'm guessing i need to change my path in the recording & playback settings - movie location but i'm not sure how its done, I can only see remove bookmark!

Title
    Thanks
    Update.

Just set up mounts on the hdd through mount manager and i now have my recordings back, the only issue i have now is in the recording and play back settings - timer location has my hdd and internal flash and so does instant recording location. Does anyone know how i remove the internal flash? or do i need to?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    when i had the old duo i ended up having to do a new reflash and setup from scratch when box would run slow and get the spinning vix,now the query is with new image told to backup settings,uninstall ocram picons if used but if settings are wrong and reinstalled
    only a reflash can restore internal flash to its original setting.

Title
    Thanks
    Mmm thats what i was thinking. Its proabably the best option really.

Thanks for the reply tho Cactikid