Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New Uno 4K

Title
    Thanks
    i agree, I also know sweet fa about oscam and have bought one of these. I am a big fan of these vu boxes but it is hard to set something up that you have never used before. I have searched other forums for over 6 hours getting conflicting and confusing information in how to configure it. if anyone would like to help me configure mine it would be much appritiated, if not mine will be going back as it is not fit for purpose.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    You can't say its not fit for purpose cos of the softcam, thats piss poor excuse imo. You need to learn Oscam, its the way forward. Its the only softcam that is constantly being regularly updated and maintained.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Andy_Hazza For This Useful Post:

bassethound (30-12-16),blamers81 (02-01-17),Donnie (29-12-16)

Title
    V.I.P Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fether View Post
    hi guys can i just ask i was thinking ov getting 1 ov these box'es

is it true you can record and stream up to 8 channels at the same time ?? if so do's it work well on cable ?

and can you still use mgcamd on theses box'es ??

regards

fether
    I could be wrong but oscam/enigma2 is limited to decoding 7 channels at anyone time.
    Vu Duo 4K - Vu + Solo4K - Vu + Uno4K - Vu+Uno - Vu+Ultimo4K - Vu+ Zero - Vu+Solo-SE (In Black Evo ) - PrismCube

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 0jjones View Post
    i agree, I also know sweet fa about oscam and have bought one of these. I am a big fan of these vu boxes but it is hard to set something up that you have never used before. I have searched other forums for over 6 hours getting conflicting and confusing information in how to configure it. if anyone would like to help me configure mine it would be much appritiated, if not mine will be going back as it is not fit for purpose.
    Your inability to configure the receiver properly does not mean it is not fit for purpose and for you to even consider returning it under those conditions is clearly a abuse of trading standards rules.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    A lot of toys getting thrown out of prams by grown men lately.
    Zgemma H7S running OpenVIX 6.2, Darkmotor, Triax TD110 dish, Inverto Black Ultra dual lnb
    LG 50UM7450 4K TV, Pioneer VSX-534 Atmos AVR , Panasonic UB820 region free 4K Bluray & a PS4.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,461 Times in 6,675 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry-G View Post
    Your inability to configure the receiver properly does not mean it is not fit for purpose .....
    Correct: it means the user isn't fit for purpose....
    And besides: this is exactly one of the things that a short web-search would have brought up before deciding to buy such the box, so one could/should have taken that into consideration.

PS: E2 has no limitation on decrypting via a softcam. The reason is that E2 is hardly (or even not at all?) involved in this process. It's the hardware (and that includes drivers) that takes care of the complete decryption-process.

Help asked via PM will be ignored.
    The forum is there for help and all will benefit from your questions.
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN, IN OPEN FORUM OR PM !

English is not my native tongue.
    I apologise for all my grammar, spelling and idiom errors.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Rob van der Does For This Useful Post:

Mr. Mister (30-12-16)

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob van der Does View Post
    Correct: it means the user isn't fit for purpose....
    exactly .
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    Are you "up & running" yet oj? If not contact me off list as we are not allowed to discuss much about this side of the box here. Make sure you download the file that Abu kindly posted here for me.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BestDecoder View Post
    Are you "up & running" yet oj? If not contact me off list as we are not allowed to discuss much about this side of the box here. Make sure you download the file that Abu kindly posted here for me.
    Plenty of information is available on this forum. 'Things' that are not allowed on the forum are not allowed in PM either!

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rob van der Does For This Useful Post:

Andy_Hazza (05-01-17),BestDecoder (06-01-17)

Title
    Thanks
    Plenty of information is available on this forum. 'Things' that are not allowed on the forum are not allowed in PM either!
    Oh dear oh dear - one can't even offer help to a fellow sat enthusiasts in trouble - what a strange place this is. He quoted he had spent over six hours and was still in trouble trying to sort Oscam and being a "total sat virgin" myself and having sorted mine I thought I was doing the right thing. Maybe we need to find different boxes with more support as I still can't get my head around the fact you can download Oscam from the software loaded in the purchased box by the supplier and then get no backup. If it's all that illegal why is it available in the first place? Also we have quotes about doing nothing illegal by people purchasing these types of boxes but again why would you want to spend £200+ on a box and then put an official card in it when the card supplier gives you a FREE box with the card!!!! Maybe I just need to go and lie down in a dark room as none of this makes much sense to me - but then maybe I'm just thicker than most
    No doubt the snide remakes about me will start again and no I haven't/am not chucking any toys out of my pram - can't afford to as I only have about £800 worth of VU+ toys!!!!!
    Best wishes to all

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    First of all: if you find this (i.e. us) such a strange place: you don't have to be here
    Secondly: not sure what you mean, but I run my STB with an official card, just because an (any) E2 box offers so much more functionality then any 'official' box ever will.

Title
    Thanks
    So without breaking any rules here what exactly is or is not happening with your box oj? Did you use the file and follow the instructions that Abu posted to me as the Oscam you download from the supplied software is unstable (which we are all meant to know!!!)? What have you done to try and get it up and running please? Have you any other VU+ boxes that you have "up and running" or is this your first VU+ box? Best wishes

Title
    Thanks
    I understand where you are coming from BestDecoder, I also understand what Rob van der Does means( even though it sounded a bit harsh to me).
    Having said that are customers of sky/vm and others allowed to place official cards in non official decoders.
    I really don,t know, Now waiting to get shot down. lol

17. The Following User Says Thank You to dlmlus For This Useful Post:

BestDecoder (06-01-17)

Title
    Thanks
    First of all: if you find this (i.e. us) such a strange place: you don't have to be here
    Secondly: not sure what you mean, but I run my STB with an official card, just because an (any) E2 box offers so much more functionality then any 'official' box ever will.
    Hi Rob Thanks for reply Sorry to be so thick but surely you pay a subscription and get a free box so that you can sit/record and watch whatever program/s you want - I can't see why anybody would then go out and buy an expensive box when the free one supplied will do everything your expensive box does and possibly even more unstable if these Cams are anything to go by. Hope I've explained my thoughts more clearly?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts

New Uno 4K

Quote Originally Posted by BestDecoder View Post
    Hi Rob Thanks for reply Sorry to be so thick but surely you pay a subscription and get a free box so that you can sit/record and watch whatever program/s you want - I can't see why anybody would then go out and buy an expensive box when the free one supplied will do everything your expensive box does and possibly even more unstable if these Cams are anything to go by. Hope I've explained my thoughts more clearly?
    Simply put, the official sky receiver is shite. Thats my opinion. I'm a satellite enthusiast who likes to use my official card, in a receiver of my choice and not be forced to have a receiver from Sky. The beauty of E2 is you can modify, change skins, basically run it how you want to run it and not some crappy Sky receiver that can take 30 mins to reboot. Just because its not an official receiver doesn't mean everyone is getting Sky illegal, I for one use Oscam and my official card to view my Sky content.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Andy_Hazza; 06-01-17 at 19:36. Reason: Typo
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Andy_Hazza For This Useful Post:

BestDecoder (06-01-17)

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast