Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Uno 4K

Title
    Thanks

New Uno 4K

No I'm not using a motorised dish it's Disqet or however you spell it. Strange how you can download certain OFFICIAL plugins and then get no support what so ever. Suppose I'll have to send it back as "not fit for purpose" then? What a dissappointment having spent all that money. Thanks.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    99.999 percent of the time it's not the receiver at fault but the user who does not understand how to use it properly. They are not magical plug and play receivers, you the user must accept some responsibility on how to set the thing up and maintain it afterwards.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

Andy_Hazza (24-12-16),BestDecoder (24-12-16),Mr. Mister (29-12-16)

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    As for OFFICIAL apps if you mean softcams as in your other post then that is and always has been a big grey area touching on illegal in most cases. Until very recently they were not even hosted on the image plugin feeds for this very reason(still would not be if it were upto me).

There are plenty of other less scrupulous forums who will allow you to go into great detail with regard to softcams that you simply wont or cant here.
    Last edited by Larry-G; 24-12-16 at 14:45.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

SIMPLES.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

Andy_Hazza (24-12-16),BestDecoder (24-12-16)

Title
    Thanks

New Uno 4K

Hi Larry-G Many thanks for your reply - but that's just my point that if nobody will offer help/advice how on earth am I/we going to learn anything? I don't wish to go to the "other" sites you mention for fear of screwing the box up completely. Strange how on the Solo 4K side somebody mentioned Oscam (which we ALL know is used for *%$ purposes!!) and yet he got answered rather than shot down in flames. So let me put it this way (and hope this doesn't break any rules - which is not my intention) can anybody please explain why my Oscam keeps resetting itself please - making the receiver unuseable/unwatchable? If this isn't allowed please delete this post and I'll go back to having a £300 + door stop as I've gone back to my Solo2 and certainly wouldn't recommend this particular Uno 4K. Thanks again for replying and I certainly hope I'm not breaking any rules.
    Last edited by BestDecoder; 24-12-16 at 15:00. Reason: left important word out

7. The Following User Says Thank You to BestDecoder For This Useful Post:

Blu-ray (29-12-16)

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BestDecoder View Post
    Hi Larry-G Many thanks for your reply - but that's just my point that if nobody will offer help/advice how on earth am I/we going to learn anything? I don't wish to go to the "other" sites you mention for fear of screwing the box up completely. Strange how on the Solo 4K side somebody mentioned Oscam (which we ALL know is used for *%$ purposes!!) and yet he got answered rather than shot down in flames. So let me put it this way (and hope this doesn't break any rules - which is not my intention) can anybody please explain why my Oscam keeps resetting itself please - making the receiver unuseable/unwatchable? If this isn't allowed please delete this post and I'll go back to having a £300 + door stop as I've gone back to my Solo2 and certainly wouldn't recommend this particular Uno 4K. Thanks again for replying and I certainly hope I'm not breaking any rules.
    I know sweet FA about oscam mate but in general you wont get much in the way of help on this forum to set it up softcam wise (It just always been that way) so you will most likely have to go to another forum for help with that. sorry.

Don't worry about screwing the box up, barring flashing the wrong bootloader there is very little you could do that can cause actual harm to it, just make sure you get in the habit of making backups. and as for deleting your post I could not if I wanted to mate (and I don't want to) I am no one on here just a bystander.

Some times simply making a post even when it can't help the user directly, indirectly helps to alleviate their fears (some thing I fear has been long forgotten on this forum).
    Last edited by Larry-G; 24-12-16 at 15:07.

SIMPLES.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

BestDecoder (24-12-16)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    Which oscam are you using? Type and number please.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

BestDecoder (24-12-16)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    Hi Abu It's the latest my the plugin downloads Oscam latest - will post number in few minutes as I've gone back to Solo2 and family are in middle of film!!!! Thanks for replying

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,130 Times in 2,737 Posts
    It dont help that so many sat virgins first box is a brand new box tht is new to the market that will still need a few weeks of driver updates before all problems are fixed.

new sat virgins owners get a simple box to learn on before buying top of the range box's that is aimed at the seasoned sat hobbyist and not the everyday user.
    All PM,s asking about c/s on cable will be ignored and reported to forum staff!

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    Sorry about delay

Oscam Version: 1.20 - unstable_svnbuildr11279

Many thanks

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bassethound View Post
    It dont help that so many sat virgins first box is a brand new box tht is new to the market that will still need a few weeks of driver updates before all problems are fixed.

new sat virgins owners get a simple box to learn on before buying top of the range box's that is aimed at the seasoned sat hobbyist and not the everyday user.
    Hi bassethound Is that directed at me? FYI I've been "playing" around with sat boxes for the last 20 years - from Dreambox 800hd and 800hd se along with numerous other makes - but it doesn't make me an expert or have full knowledge of programming. Why should I not have the right to buy a new fully updated box - I've also got a Solo2 and Zero box in bedroom/motorhome but when you read on forums they say Oscam is the most difficult to use/setup so without "expert" tution how will we get anywhere? Maybe it would be better to use your enthusiasm in helping rather than trying to ridicule people who are trying to get to grips with new technology. Thanks

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    If you have a legit card for your receiver you will get help - if you don't have one then forget it. Don't throw all the toys out at once.
    Zgemma H7S running OpenVIX 6.2, Darkmotor, Triax TD110 dish, Inverto Black Ultra dual lnb
    LG 50UM7450 4K TV, Pioneer VSX-534 Atmos AVR , Panasonic UB820 region free 4K Bluray & a PS4.

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ronand For This Useful Post:

bassethound (24-12-16),BestDecoder (24-12-16),ccs (24-12-16)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    I think 11279 had an issue. Uninstall that one and try a more recent build of oscam.

For softcams to work in OpenViX, transfer to /usr/softcams/, chmod 755
    They'll be available to start in softcam manager. There is a restriction on characters in names, cant remember exactly what though.
    Attached Files Attached Files

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

BestDecoder (25-12-16),dlmlus (26-01-17),roybach (06-01-17)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,130 Times in 2,737 Posts
    Hi bassethound Is that directed at me? FYI I've been "playing" around with sat boxes for the last 20 years - from Dreambox 800hd and 800hd se along with numerous other makes - but it doesn't make me an expert or have full knowledge of programming. Why should I not have the right to buy a new fully updated box - I've also got a Solo2 and Zero box in bedroom/motorhome but when you read on forums they say Oscam is the most difficult to use/setup so without "expert" tution how will we get anywhere? Maybe it would be better to use your enthusiasm in helping rather than trying to ridicule people who are trying to get to grips with new technology. Thanks
    I don't ridicule people i have been on here for years helping people just pointing out the pitfalls of not knowing how things work before a purchase.
    All PM,s asking about c/s on cable will be ignored and reported to forum staff!

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bassethound For This Useful Post:

BestDecoder (25-12-16),Mr. Mister (29-12-16)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bassethound View Post
    I don't ridicule people i have been on here for years helping people just pointing out the pitfalls of not knowing how things work before a purchase.
    To the poster who is having a go at people for not helping him with Oscam, claiming that all people use it for card sharing, they don't a lot of people use it with legit cards or subscriptions instead of using official cam's that may only be supported in certain receivers...
    Having said that, the members on this forum that do use it for cs have gained their information from other forums, there are loads out there.
    The reason i have quoted mr basset hound is i had been trying to understand Oscam for a long time with not much luck, then about 18 months ago he posted some basic configs and everything pinged to life and i have been eternally grateful, then with no real help from anybody else i have learned a lot of about how it works by tweaking and trying through the web-if.
    Search for bassethound oscam config, read the post and the post it links too.
    Start using Oscam with his bascic config's, then come back and thank him, it really is that simple.
    VU+ Ultimo 4K 3TB, 1x Twin DVBS-2 FBC / 1x DVB-C FBC/ 1x Twin DVB-T2.
    VU+ Solo4k 2TB, 2xFBC-S2, 2xC/T2, 1x Sundtek .
    1m Motorised Single LNB Dish, 60cm Fixed Octo LNB Dish.
    Samsung 65HU8500 with SEK-3500, Denon AVR-X2200W 5.1.2.
    Oppo UDP-203
    Panasonic 55VT50.
    Zidoo X9S
    Amazon Fire TV 4k & Amazon Fire TV (SPMC sideloaded).

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DaMacFunkin For This Useful Post:

BestDecoder (25-12-16),Mr. Mister (29-12-16)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,461 Times in 6,675 Posts
    No I'm not using a motorised dish it's Disqet or however you spell it. Strange how you can download certain OFFICIAL plugins and then get no support what so ever. Suppose I'll have to send it back as "not fit for purpose" then? What a dissappointment having spent all that money. Thanks.
    I was about to reply that we have no clue what you're talking about; post #1 and no issue is being mentioned at all. But in the next posts it became clear that all there was to it was a not working Oscam.
    So you buy a box that just hit the market, claim that softcams are only being used for illegal purposes (which is absolutely untrue), want to return the box just because of a failing softcam, you're afraid to break the box by using help for this from 'other forums', and still you claim to have years of experience with Enigma boxes?
    You lost me.....

Just fix this minor issue, be glad with the help you get and have a merry Christmas

Help asked via PM will be ignored.
    The forum is there for help and all will benefit from your questions.
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN, IN OPEN FORUM OR PM !

English is not my native tongue.
    I apologise for all my grammar, spelling and idiom errors.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Rob van der Does For This Useful Post:

BestDecoder (25-12-16)

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast