Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Twin tuner set up

Title
    Thanks

Twin tuner set up

Can you kind folk advise please. I am struggling with the correct twin tuner set up. I have a twin lnb, Usals set up. When I bought the TM-nano-se-M2 plus the guy showed me recording 7 channels at once to the hdd. At the moment Tuner A is set to Advanced config on 28.2E. Tuner 2 is set to equal to. The dish does move across the arc ok and I am really happy with the sats it picks up. I was unsure if I have the settings correct for the channel recording. Many thanks in advance.
    Akman

Title
    Thanks
    Hello mate
    I just got one of these boxes too
    Am struggling with the twin tuner too
    So if you get answer let me know please ?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Akman View Post
    Can you kind folk advise please. I am struggling with the correct twin tuner set up. I have a twin lnb, Usals set up. When I bought the TM-nano-se-M2 plus the guy showed me recording 7 channels at once to the hdd. At the moment Tuner A is set to Advanced config on 28.2E. Tuner 2 is set to equal to. The dish does move across the arc ok and I am really happy with the sats it picks up. I was unsure if I have the settings correct for the channel recording. Many thanks in advance.
    Akman
    The "equal to" indicates that you have two motorised dishes. That is wrong for what you have described. The tuner that has the wire direct to LNB (bypasses motor) should be set as 2nd cable of motorised LNB.

If using CCcam, you must use 2.30. Anything older and you will not be able to decrypt more than one channel at a time.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

Akman (08-01-17)

Title
    Thanks
    Thank you Abu Baniaz for your help. In this config does this allow me to record more than two channels at a time and at the same time?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    What you tell your receiver about what is connected to each tuners, must match what is connected to each tuner. What you can record is is governed by the hardware connected to it.

If you have two tuners, each with a wire to an LNB. You can access two frequencies/transponders. You can record 12 channels at the same time comfortably on most receivers provided they are on the two frequencies/transponders that are in use.

If you record two channels on two frequencies/transponders and then want to access a channel on a third frequency/transponder, this will not be possible.

If you are using CCcam, you must use version 2.30 if you want to decrypt more than one channel at time.

Title
    Thanks
    Thank you Abu. My set up is twin tuner connected to win LNB with two wires. CCCam is 2.3. Tuner A is set to simple and B as you suggest is 2nd cable of motorised LNB. I did try with the advanced settings but put it back to simple as I was unsure. Thank you once again.