Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Tuner Configuration - recording Tuner A, watching Tuner B

Title
    Thanks

Tuner Configuration - recording Tuner A, watching Tuner B

I want to be able to record one channel (on Hotbird)and watch another (on Astra 19) at the same time.

This is my set-up: Vu +Duo, Vix image, one dish with 3 Dual LNB's attached, two feeds coming into house via two multi-diseq switches, one to Tuner A and the other to Tuner B.

See photo for my Tuner A set-up:

mutant set-up.jpg

I am completely foxed as how I set up Tuner B - is it loopthrough, equal to, advanced or simple? And do I have to set a unique Port letter and Input number for each LNB under 'Diseq 1.0 Command' and 'Diseq 1.1 Command'

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    Set both tuners as simple.
    Mode: DISEqC A/B/C/D
    Port A: where it's pointing
    Port B: where its pointing

and so on...

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to judge For This Useful Post:

radja1 (15-12-16),theo (15-12-16)

Title
    Thanks
    Ive set both Tuner A and Tuner B to 'simple' but its not working (My aim is to watch one channel and record on another channel at the same time). Photo below of my setup for Tuner A (Tuner B setup is identical):
    mutants.jpg

I notice that if I record on Tuner A and then go to watch another channel the onscreen menu says im on Tuner AB (and I dont get a picture/it doesnt tune-in)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    If two tuners are in use, both letters will light up.

Your tuner configuration seems fine.
    To be sure, you can amend the advice in post 2 and instead of manually selectng the satellites, leave it in automatic.

Are you sure you are diagnosing the problem correctly? If you get a tune failed, you normally get an error message. To me it seems as if your problem is clearing the channel, not tuning. This normally happens when people use CCcam and the use a version less than 2.30.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

theo (15-12-16)

Title
    Thanks
    Figured it out now. No, I wasnt diagnosing the problem correctly. Problem was that I had not connected cable to Tuner B ! Oops. Anyway, working fine now, thanks for help.

Just one more thing. I have "Set voltage and 22Khz" set to 'Yes' and "Send Diseqc only on satellite change" to 'Yes'(see photos in Post 3) Are these settings correct for me? I dont understand them. I am using two auto-diseqc switches to move between the satellites

8. The Following User Says Thank You to theo For This Useful Post:

BRAVEHEART (17-12-16)

Title
    Thanks
    Ive made a mistake. The set-up suggested in post 2 and illustrated in the picture in post 3 DOESN'T work. I am still unable to watch on one satellite (Tuner A) and record on Tuner B. Any advice where I go from here?