Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: How long to wait for Edision OS mini setup

Title
    Thanks

How long to wait for Edision OS mini setup

I have the dual lnb version of the Edision OS mini, and the cables and dish have been installed earlier. The guy who did the job showed me that there was a good strong signal from one of the lnb's.

I then connected everything switched the box on, it booted up to the OpenViX screen then the internet connection was found and set.
    Afterwards there was a menu on the left hand side of the screen and one of the options was to do a service scan, which found over 900 channels. Since then, I clicked on epg programming guide, and the box is just staying at the same screen with no programs for almost 30 minutes, as per the picture below.

Is there simple step by step setup guide for this box, as the only one I can find is a youtube video, which doesn't do it for me.

IMG_20161214_130014.jpg

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,954 Times in 3,275 Posts
    Well you haven't got any bouquets loaded.

To access the channels you scanned press:
    • DOWN
    • BLUE
    • Select "Last Scanned"
    • OK
    • Select a channel
    • OK
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

Title
    Thanks
    Ok fair enough; I went into a menu and found that load autobouquets on startup was set to no, so I changed it to yes.

Was that right, as epg seems to be loading now from Last Scanned.

Thanks

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,954 Times in 3,275 Posts
    Scanning does not create channel lists. It just populates lamedb and the "Last Scanned" bouquet. Run ABM and it will create some channel lists for you.
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    sometimes this happens to mine. all you need to do, once the above screen shows is to press one on the remote and channel will pop up. if you have setup the channels correctly
    PLEASE DO NOT PM IN REGARDS TO CS TALK OR OTHER ILEGAL MATTERS. IT WILL BE REPORTED TO THE ADMINS