Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: ABM cannot read data

Title
    Thanks

ABM cannot read data

I have been running an Xtrend ET9500 since November last year configured to run ABM every night followed by CrossEPG to update both Sky and Freesat channels without any issues, however following a power cut (just a few secs but enough to cause the box to switch off) last week I have been having a problem with the EPG not updating on Sky, Freesat seems to be OK.

I have now tried re-flashing my box to the latest image (4.2.021) and re-configuring ABM and CrossEPG from scratch.

If I try to manually start an ABM scan it stops on the sky then I get an error message saying ABM cannot read data.

Hopefully there is something simple to fix this.

Thx
    Attached Files Attached Files

Title
    Thanks
    Managed to get a debug log
    Attached Files Attached Files

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I would normally say in these conditions your dish has moved slightly due to bad weather meaning you are not getting a lock on the ABM transponder, but still managing to pick up a lot of channels on other transponders, it is a common problem, but it is possible that the power outage at a critical moment has caused damage to your LNB, this could still allow you to view channels, but nto get a lock to read BAT tables.
    The only other thing i would check, is have you set your tuners up correctly? Are they just set to simple - 28.2 or have you tried to set advanced options, there seems to be possible configuration errors in the log.
    VU+ Ultimo 4K 3TB, 1x Twin DVBS-2 FBC / 1x DVB-C FBC/ 1x Twin DVB-T2.
    VU+ Solo4k 2TB, 2xFBC-S2, 2xC/T2, 1x Sundtek .
    1m Motorised Single LNB Dish, 60cm Fixed Octo LNB Dish.
    Samsung 65HU8500 with SEK-3500, Denon AVR-X2200W 5.1.2.
    Oppo UDP-203
    Panasonic 55VT50.
    Zidoo X9S
    Amazon Fire TV 4k & Amazon Fire TV (SPMC sideloaded).

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DaMacFunkin For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (22-12-16),KevB (17-12-16)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks for the advice DaMacFunking, I have double checked the tuners set-up and they are set as simple, 28.2. I will have to get someone out to check the alignment and LNB.

One thing that I don't understand is that after reflashing my box to the latest image, when I manually ran ABM the 1st time it seemed to work as the bouquets were created but when it is subsequently run it fails, if the problem is related to the dish alignment or a LNB failure would the initial scan not fail as well ?

Title
    Thanks

Cool Its Working

Just to update the thread, I had my LNB changed today and fingers crossed everything seems to be working again . Thanks for the help guys.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to KevB For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (22-12-16)