Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [DVB T] Sudbury region issues

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,953 Times in 3,274 Posts
    What do you mean 'satellite freeview light'?
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Huevos For This Useful Post:

EMJB (11-12-16)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EMJB View Post
    The 790 series LCNs are always going to cause problems if the channel handling works in anything like the way I think it does. These come & go with numbers being re-used for different channels, and often (or perhaps always) with no video and just a text message that Enigma2 does not seem to handle. I suspect the only satisfactory solution is to introduce a rule to ignore them completely.
    You are correct on this.
    Can you update the config files and try again.

ABM uses the data on the Mux/Transponder. Sometimes there is a mismatch, this is whey we add the custom transponders. Some regions will have a local channel on LCN 7. The datat for my region doe snot have this. Yours seems to have it, but the channel is not available. If we blacklist it, there will be an adverse effect for those who should have them. I suggest people in such areas use a custom file to omit them. The custom file will not be overridden by system updates.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,277 Times in 1,089 Posts
    @ccs - do you see channels such as QVC Extra, 5USA + 1, FrontRunner?
    No,Yes (but not transmitting until 6pm), Yes.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,277 Times in 1,089 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Huevos View Post
    What do you mean 'satellite freeview light'?
    Freeview Light, perhaps

Code:
    https://ukfree.tv/article/1107051678/Where_are_the_public_service_Freeview_Light_transm

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Oops - yes ccs is right - the "satellite" got left in when I rewrote that bit.

EMJB
    Xtrend Xt10000 with 3 Freeview tuners

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    Can you update the config files and try again.
    Sorry to be thick, but which files and what changes?

ABM uses the data on the Mux/Transponder. Sometimes there is a mismatch, this is whey we add the custom transponders. Some regions will have a local channel on LCN 7. The datat for my region doe snot have this. Yours seems to have it, but the channel is not available. If we blacklist it, there will be an adverse effect for those who should have them. I suggest people in such areas use a custom file to omit them. The custom file will not be overridden by system updates.
    (
    1) I was only suggesting the blacklist for the 790-9 channels. Looking at "terrestrial_uk_freeview.xml I see 790 is on the blacklist, so the precedent has been set and it would appear to be just a matter of adding 791 ... 798 to the list. Perhaps this is what you were referring to above.

(2) Is the config information really regional, or is it transmitter specific? (In my terminology PIDs for BBC1 & ITV are region dependent, frequencies are transmitter dependent, often with 10 or more Tx per region). Everything in "terrestrial_uk_freeview.xml" seems to be transmitter specific. Where and how is LCN 7 suppressed for your region?

(3) If I really do have to generate a custom file, where do I find instructions on how to do so?

However what continues to puzzle me is that the bouquet generation process does not check whether a channel has been detected.

Finally I see that in your latest "terrestrial_uk_freeview.xml" file, 658 MHz appears against Sudbury in both the standard and custom sections - is this right?

EMJB

Title
    Thanks
    I've already added the 793 to the blacklist section. In the ABM menu, there is an option to update config file. This downloads the latest file from GitHub.

The data in the xml is for the transponders/multiplexes. We did find teh Network ID, but did not add it to ABM process. It will be an impossible task to get people to provide them. This thread started two years ago and we still don't have all the HD details. I suppose they could be added in the future for those who have them. Can you upload a raw transport stream recording?

With regards to the custom file, add this extracted file to the custom folder. /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/AutoBouquetsMaker/custom/
    Amend it as required (after updating config file). More details here
    http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...tes-List-Hacks

We cannot blacklist 7 for everyone., some people will need it.

Hope you have seen the Hide dotted line for this service feature. If not, press channel up, then press menu.

I will be moving several posts to a new thread on its own. The thread was intended only for adding HD regions.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Title
    Thanks
    Where and how is LCN 7 suppressed for your region?
    This is not present on the signal stream for me as far as I can tell.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,658 Times in 1,306 Posts
    I've already added the 793 to the blacklist section. In the ABM menu, there is an option to update config file. This downloads the latest file from GitHub.
    You could blacklist 790+. They are all for channels that have moved and the "real" one is elsewhere.

We cannot blacklist 7 for everyone., some people will need it.
    So some mechanism for blacklisting by transmitter is needed? ABM also gives me a Ch7 - but it's not broadcast by Sandy Heath.
    MiracleBox Prem Twin HD - 2@DVB-T2 + Xtrend et8000 - 5(incl. 2 different USBs)@DVB-T2[terrestrial - UK Freeview HD, Sandy Heath] - LAN/USB-stick/HDD

Title
    Thanks
    We used to have blacklist by ranges when we had zoomzoomluke's file. That does not seem to work any more. If it becomes a problem, I will add those numbers individually.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Can you upload a raw transport stream recording?
    Sorry you have lost me again - is this some special type of recording (in which case where are the instructions on how to do it?) or will any (preferably short, I assume) recording do?

With regards to the custom file, add this extracted file to the custom folder. /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/AutoBouquetsMaker/custom/
    Amend it as required (after updating config file). More details here
    http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...tes-List-Hacks
    A quick look at that looks to be more work than simply deleting the offending channels using OpenWebif. It is therefore only a useful solution for me if it is going to be valid for several scans, but I only expect to rescan when there are Freeview channel shuffles of the type that look likely to need a new custom file. However I would be more than happy to put extra work in to find a solution from which all Sudbury users would automatically benefit, especially if it could be readily translated to other such transmitters.

Thanks for your help.

EMJB

Title
    Thanks
    Terrestrial channels do not change frequently, so no point running ABM regularly if you only use terrestrial.

That delete function in the custom file will apply every time ABM runs. It is not specific to transmitter.

Don't worry about the transport stream recording. It is raw data, not a normal recording. Interrogating the data could have led to finding a solution if/when someone wants to look at it.

Files from my region taken not long ago is here should anyone else wish to interrogate it/them.
    Code:
    mega:#!nl5Ehb5J!laYyyMO9p8RDEsIcq9n_OputpjHK_5_lmOP6DgVEafo
    Code:
    mega:#!7wQTnbIR!DJJDMRVchXWMhJ237JzRnZJ_81SEe67x52uqYvz1qP8

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Terrestrial channels do not change frequently, so no point running ABM regularly if you only use terrestrial.
    Depends on your definition of "frequently" - several times a year if my memory serves me correctly.

That delete function in the custom file will apply every time ABM runs. It is not specific to transmitter.
    I think you have misunderstood me. I am happy to spend time pursuing a general solution that will work for everyone. However a custom file to be installed by everyone in the transmitter areas affected by this problem doesn't sound like the sort solution I would like to see, particularly if that file has to be updated several times a year. I think there is also a potential problem resulting from the low transmitted power of some of the local muxes, so even if you receive signals from a station transmitting the local mux that is no guarantee that you will be able to view the local mux channels.

Don't worry about the transport stream recording. It is raw data, not a normal recording. Interrogating the data could have led to finding a solution if/when someone wants to look at it.

Files from my region taken not long ago is here should anyone else wish to interrogate it/them.
    Code:
    mega:#!nl5Ehb5J!laYyyMO9p8RDEsIcq9n_OputpjHK_5_lmOP6DgVEafo
    Code:
    mega:#!7wQTnbIR!DJJDMRVchXWMhJ237JzRnZJ_81SEe67x52uqYvz1qP8
    I might well take you up on that if/when I have more time, and if I cannot think of a simpler, but general, solution based on information already available in the lamedb files etc.

EMJB

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    In the last section of "terrestrial_uk_freeview.xml", is it possible to make a condition that includes the transmitter name? I have in mind something like:

Code:
    IgnoreStreamList = [sudbury____________:3277,AnotherTx_______:1234, etc ]	
    if ({transmitter name} + ":" + service["transport_stream_id"]) in IgnoreStreamList:
    	skip = True
    as this would provide a solution to remove the non-existent channels for all Sudbury users that could readily extended to cover any other transmitters with similar issues.

If this is possible, what do I put in place of "{transmitter name}" in the above code?

EMJB

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12