Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ultimo 4k coming soon

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rossi2000 View Post
    has it been that long ? jeeeeez
    Yep, I bought mine 24th December 2011

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,130 Times in 2,737 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ev0 View Post
    £550 sounds pretty good for both dvb-s2 and dvb-c fbc tuners.

I paid nearly that much for my Ultimo with 3x dvb-s2 tuners almost 5 years ago (it was xmas eve).
    Still using mine as my main box out lived my Vu+ Duo which died a couple of years back
    All PM,s asking about c/s on cable will be ignored and reported to forum staff!

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bassethound View Post
    Still using mine as my main box out lived my Vu+ Duo which died a couple of years back
    Mine only gets used for testing these days.

I got spoilt and after using the Solo2 for a few weeks, I couldn't go back to the Ultimo as the main box as it was just too slow for me (strange thing was at the time, I didn't notice how much faster the Solo2 was when I went from Ultimo to Solo2, it was only when trying to go back to using the Ultimo).

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Ev0 For This Useful Post:

bassethound (13-12-16)

Title
    Thanks
    Hi Evo,
    Would it be possible to take the 3.5" HDD from my Duo 2 and install into an Ultimo 4K without reformatting it and losing my recordings???

Cheers,
    Nitemare.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Nitemare For This Useful Post:

Blu-ray (13-12-16)

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Yes you would not need to reformat it, you can just install the hdd and it will work fine.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ev0 For This Useful Post:

Bangord30 (13-12-16),Nitemare (13-12-16)

Title
    Thanks
    Great excellent ... that'll save me a pound or two then!!!

Thanks Evo

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Well my box has finally reached the Parcelforce International Hub in Coventry after over 3 days doing a tour of Germany via DHL? I thought the Germans where supposed to be super efficient, as someone who works in logistics i have a lot of dealings with DHL in the UK, they are painful TBH, i didn't think DHL Germany would be the same.
    Now i'm at the mercy of Parcelforce (Jeez this gets worse).
    To put all this into perspective when i ordered my Solo4k it arrived from Belgium, Store to Door via DPD in 41 Hours!!! All for 7 Euro's.
    VU+ Ultimo 4K 3TB, 1x Twin DVBS-2 FBC / 1x DVB-C FBC/ 1x Twin DVB-T2.
    VU+ Solo4k 2TB, 2xFBC-S2, 2xC/T2, 1x Sundtek .
    1m Motorised Single LNB Dish, 60cm Fixed Octo LNB Dish.
    Samsung 65HU8500 with SEK-3500, Denon AVR-X2200W 5.1.2.
    Oppo UDP-203
    Panasonic 55VT50.
    Zidoo X9S
    Amazon Fire TV 4k & Amazon Fire TV (SPMC sideloaded).

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DaMacFunkin View Post
    Well my box has finally reached the Parcelforce International Hub in Coventry after over 3 days doing a tour of Germany via DHL? I thought the Germans where supposed to be super efficient, as someone who works in logistics i have a lot of dealings with DHL in the UK, they are painful TBH, i didn't think DHL Germany would be the same.
    To put all this into perspective when i ordered my Solo4k it arrived from Belgium, Store to Door via DPD in 41 Hours!!! All for 7 Euro's.
    give us a review once you setup
    PLEASE DO NOT PM IN REGARDS TO CS TALK OR OTHER ILEGAL MATTERS. IT WILL BE REPORTED TO THE ADMINS

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,894 Times in 2,247 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DaMacFunkin View Post
    Must be Xmas ... normally I ship to UK (daughter/son) by DHL and it takes 2 days door to door (why Parcelforce? DHL is normally all DHL)
    UK -> Germany is much looonger normally
    However, have found that retailer doesn,t always actually pass to DHL (Deutsche Post) when they say .. often means its waiting for pickup!
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> GT-Sat unicable LNB to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Gigablue unicable LNB to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using unicable ports
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    Thanks

SNAP!! I too am waiting for my Box ... it did a trip round Germany too (with DHL) and now apparently its sitting at the Royal Mail National Hub in Coventry (since 07:37 yesterday - Thursday) ... then it has to get to me in Belfast via Stansted Airport and Titan Airways Royal Mail flights every night!!! Arggh!!! Come on Parcel Force!!!

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,434 Times in 1,137 Posts
    Hi,
    it is worth waiting for:-)
    Mine is only running for 2 hours. At the moment I transfer some films to the box with around 85MByte/sec:-)

ciao
    ---
    Sat:VU+ Ultimo4K/Solo4K/Duo2/2*Solo2/Ultimo
    Remote: Harmony 200, 700, Link, Smart Control, Smart Companion, Elite, 2*Ultimate, Keyboard

Title
    Thanks
    Hi,
    it is worth waiting for:-)
    Mine is only running for 2 hours. At the moment I transfer some films to the box with around 85MByte/sec:-)

ciao

Wow good for you ... enjoy!! Now I really want mine to show up!!! lol

Can you shed any light on its performance, etc??

Thanks.
    VU+ Ultimo 4K (2 * FBC DVB-S2 Twin Tuner & 1 * DVB S2 Twin Tuner & 1 * USB Turbo Tuner)

2.2M motorized antenna (45°W - 45°E) : 1.0M motorized antenna (55°W - 55°E) : 1.0M fixed antenna (28.2°E)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,434 Times in 1,137 Posts
    Hi,
    what do you expect? It feels a bit faster than Solo2 or Duo2 but not so much that you loose consciousness. It about same speed as my Solo4K.

ciao
    ---
    Sat:VU+ Ultimo4K/Solo4K/Duo2/2*Solo2/Ultimo
    Remote: Harmony 200, 700, Link, Smart Control, Smart Companion, Elite, 2*Ultimate, Keyboard

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Trial For This Useful Post:

Bangord30 (16-12-16),Nitemare (17-12-16),twol (16-12-16)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,894 Times in 2,247 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Trial View Post
    Hi,
    what do you expect? It feels a bit faster than Solo2 or Duo2 but not so much that you loose consciousness. It about same speed as my Solo4K.

ciao
    Which I guess it should be based on the chip
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> GT-Sat unicable LNB to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Gigablue unicable LNB to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using unicable ports
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitemare View Post

SNAP!! I too am waiting for my Box ... it did a trip round Germany too (with DHL) and now apparently its sitting at the Royal Mail National Hub in Coventry (since 07:37 yesterday - Thursday) ... then it has to get to me in Belfast via Stansted Airport and Titan Airways Royal Mail flights every night!!! Arggh!!! Come on Parcel Force!!!
    I feel you, like i said i work in logistics and why it didn't go from Regensburg to Köln is beyond me, it wasted nearly 2 days by being buffeted to Bielefeld, a DHL hub which if you Google, lots of German people complain about.
    Even if the box makes it to Liverpool during the night, them lazy buggers won't attempt to deliver it to West Manchester on a saturday.
    (Yes amazingly my local Parcelforce depot is Liverpool )
    VU+ Ultimo 4K 3TB, 1x Twin DVBS-2 FBC / 1x DVB-C FBC/ 1x Twin DVB-T2.
    VU+ Solo4k 2TB, 2xFBC-S2, 2xC/T2, 1x Sundtek .
    1m Motorised Single LNB Dish, 60cm Fixed Octo LNB Dish.
    Samsung 65HU8500 with SEK-3500, Denon AVR-X2200W 5.1.2.
    Oppo UDP-203
    Panasonic 55VT50.
    Zidoo X9S
    Amazon Fire TV 4k & Amazon Fire TV (SPMC sideloaded).

20. The Following User Says Thank You to DaMacFunkin For This Useful Post:

Nitemare (17-12-16)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast