Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: SKY remote control in VIX

Title
    Thanks

SKY remote control in VIX

Would the VIX guys be able to add support for a genuine SKY remote ? I know its possible, & with the new skins now, im surprised its not been added as a 3rd party download.
    I dont know what the format the images use for the IR sensor, but i would be willing to give it a go if someone could point me in the right direction on how to achieve it.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    Manufacturer, driver issue. Not an image or skin issue.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by judge View Post
    Manufacturer, driver issue. Not an image or skin issue.
    WERT ?

Manufacturer is SKY & the IR is standard across the board
    THE various STB already have an installed driver !
    Issue ?

Let me try again.. Where can i get a VIX image compatible IR code that supports a SKY remote ?
    DreamBox and a scattering of others are already supported, & i would like to add the Sky one to the list.
    Last edited by josweet; 11-12-16 at 16:25.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    Surely it is that other way round. You want to add the Sky remote IR code to the Vix image.

1. Can you upload what you have please?
    2. Have you seen any other images where you can use the Sky remote.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,659 Times in 1,307 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by josweet View Post
    DreamBox and a scattering of others are already supported, & i would like to add the Sky one to the list.
    The list is a list of what is supported by various boxes. It doesn't mean that all of them can support all/any of the listed remotes.
    For instance, you can change the type of remote on an MBTwin and it will have no effect at all - as the box only supports one type of remote (the one it comes with).
    And it is the box, not enigma2, that needs the support, if only so that you can power the thing up form Deep Standby - which is done by the BIOS firmware.
    MiracleBox Prem Twin HD - 2@DVB-T2 + Xtrend et8000 - 5(incl. 2 different USBs)@DVB-T2[terrestrial - UK Freeview HD, Sandy Heath] - LAN/USB-stick/HDD

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    There was a thread on adding LIRC. Never went anywhere. Only the SH4 receivers seem to have it on OE-A.