Hello Guest, if you're reading this it means you have not yet registered. Please take a second, Click here to register and in a few simple steps, you will be able to enjoy all the many features of our fine community. Please note that nicknames are prohibited lewd or meaningless (no numbers or letters at random) and introduce yourself in the section for you to meet our community.

Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 389
  1. #16
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member


    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    2,614
    Thanks
    62
    Thanked 543 Times in 468 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by twol View Post
    I think its 3 sat, 2 from 1 card and another from the 2nd ..... but maybe I misunderstood the German
    Cheers that us what I thought I was reading, you can install 2 dual tuners but only use 3... lol
    VU+ Ultimo 4K 3TB, 1x Twin DVBS-2 FBC / 1x DVB-C FBC/ 1x Twin DVB-T2.
    VU+ Solo4k 2TB, 2xFBC-S2, 2xC/T2, 1x Sundtek .
    1m Motorised Single LNB Dish, 60cm Fixed Octo LNB Dish.
    Samsung 65HU8500 with SEK-3500, Denon AVR-X2200W 5.1.2.
    Oppo UDP-203
    Panasonic 55VT50.
    Zidoo X9S
    Amazon Fire TV 4k & Amazon Fire TV (SPMC sideloaded).

  2. #17
    ViX Beta Tester twol's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    2,566
    Thanks
    345
    Thanked 764 Times in 597 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DaMacFunkin View Post
    Cheers that us what I thought I was reading, you can install 2 dual tuners but only use 3... lol
    I guess it could be just a power issue ... not enough capability for 4 tuners
    Octagon SF4008 ViX
    Mut@nt HD51 ViX plus couch flash/image multiboot
    Xtrend ET8500 ViX plus couch flash/boot OS1/OS2 image
    Xtrend ET7500 (standard ViX image)
    EMP Centauri 9 x 16 multiswitch with 1.5M Gibertini 28.2E and 80cm 19.2 dishes
    Panasonic 50 & 55 " plasma TV's plus Acer 28" 4k ips monitor
    Mede8er/Dune media players
    Remote: Simple Control app

  3. #18
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member


    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    208
    Thanks
    66
    Thanked 78 Times in 47 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DaMacFunkin View Post
    Cheers that us what I thought I was reading, you can install 2 dual tuners but only use 3... lol
    Yes I agree it sounds odd but the chipset bus only allows for 3 tuners and they decided to use all 3 rather than make just a twin tuner, they will be releasing the top end box (SF4018) sometime mid 2017 I believe which will probably allow more tuners.

    USB tuners can also be added.

    IMHO the SF4008 is direct competition for the HD51 and the SF4008 offers alot more new tech than the HD51 for a similar price.

    On my shopping list anyway and my HD51 will be sold.
    Last edited by maxben; 27-12-16 at 17:18.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to maxben For This Useful Post:

    bassethound (27-12-16)

  5. #19
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    bassethound's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    North West
    Posts
    5,645
    Thanks
    6,802
    Thanked 6,020 Times in 2,694 Posts
    there should be a Vix image as the already support a few boxes from OCTAGON
    All PM,s asking about c/s on cable will be ignored and reported to forum staff!

  6. #20
    Senior Member mrxbox360's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    West Midlands
    Posts
    177
    Thanks
    29
    Thanked 26 Times in 25 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by maxben View Post
    Yes I agree it sounds odd but the chipset bus only allows for 3 tuners and they decided to use all 3 rather than make just a twin tuner, they will be releasing the top end box (SF4018) sometime mid 2017 I believe which will probably allow more tuners.

    USB tuners can also be added.

    IMHO the SF4008 is direct competition for the HD51 and the SF4008 offers alot more new tech than the HD51 for a similar price.

    On my shopping list anyway and my HD51 will be sold.
    i cant be sure but does the chipset mean we could use cccam or mgcam with this box or is it just an oscam box

  7. #21
    ViX Beta Tester twol's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    2,566
    Thanks
    345
    Thanked 764 Times in 597 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by maxben View Post
    Yes I agree it sounds odd but the chipset bus only allows for 3 tuners and they decided to use all 3 rather than make just a twin tuner, they will be releasing the top end box (SF4018) sometime mid 2017 I believe which will probably allow more tuners.

    USB tuners can also be added.

    IMHO the SF4008 is direct competition for the HD51 and the SF4008 offers alot more new tech than the HD51 for a similar price.

    On my shopping list anyway and my HD51 will be sold.
    It would be nice to do a direct comparison .... the hd51 tuners are much better than the samsung in my Xtrends, so,would like to see how good the octagon tuners are in comparison.
    For me the octagon minus point is no direct multimage support.
    If they boot like the mut@nt can probably build the support.... but ?..
    Octagons marketing has been really good, haven,t missed a trick.. hope the box is as good as their hype

    Guess I will end up buying one to see and then selling a box
    Octagon SF4008 ViX
    Mut@nt HD51 ViX plus couch flash/image multiboot
    Xtrend ET8500 ViX plus couch flash/boot OS1/OS2 image
    Xtrend ET7500 (standard ViX image)
    EMP Centauri 9 x 16 multiswitch with 1.5M Gibertini 28.2E and 80cm 19.2 dishes
    Panasonic 50 & 55 " plasma TV's plus Acer 28" 4k ips monitor
    Mede8er/Dune media players
    Remote: Simple Control app

  8. #22
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member


    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    208
    Thanks
    66
    Thanked 78 Times in 47 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by twol View Post
    It would be nice to do a direct comparison .... the hd51 tuners are much better than the samsung in my Xtrends, so,would like to see how good the octagon tuners are in comparison.
    For me the octagon minus point is no direct multimage support.
    If they boot like the mut@nt can probably build the support.... but ?..
    Octagons marketing has been really good, haven,t missed a trick.. hope the box is as good as their hype

    Guess I will end up buying one to see and then selling a box
    I lost interest in multiboot when I sold my DM8k

    TBH I think the HD51 is ok for a single or 2 sat setup but it doesn't like my complex dish setup lots of tune failed etc, I had a HD2400 previously and I never really warmed to that.

    What appeals to me about the SF4008 is that the tuners will handle multistream and DVB-S2X out of the box and the extra tuner will be a godsend for my setup.

    Currently I'm back to using the Solo 4k while I carry on my search for STB Nirvana

    Quote Originally Posted by mrxbox360 View Post
    i cant be sure but does the chipset mean we could use cccam or mgcam with this box or is it just an oscam box
    ARM box again and so only ARM cams.

  9. #23
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    167
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 8 Times in 7 Posts
    I don't really understand the tuners option. I want one with 2 feeds for satellite and 2 for cable , which one should I choose ?

  10. #24
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member


    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    2,614
    Thanks
    62
    Thanked 543 Times in 468 Posts
    You can't have that option without USB tuners from the way i understand it.
    VU+ Ultimo 4K 3TB, 1x Twin DVBS-2 FBC / 1x DVB-C FBC/ 1x Twin DVB-T2.
    VU+ Solo4k 2TB, 2xFBC-S2, 2xC/T2, 1x Sundtek .
    1m Motorised Single LNB Dish, 60cm Fixed Octo LNB Dish.
    Samsung 65HU8500 with SEK-3500, Denon AVR-X2200W 5.1.2.
    Oppo UDP-203
    Panasonic 55VT50.
    Zidoo X9S
    Amazon Fire TV 4k & Amazon Fire TV (SPMC sideloaded).

  11. #25
    ViX Beta Tester twol's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    2,566
    Thanks
    345
    Thanked 764 Times in 597 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by maxben View Post
    I lost interest in multiboot when I sold my DM8k
    .
    Well there is the multiboot software plugin (which I have never used) and then there is the ability to boot different images via the hardware ...... two different things both the Xtrend ET8500 and the Hd51 have the latter capability...... which is great for testing or being able to revert to a working image
    Octagon SF4008 ViX
    Mut@nt HD51 ViX plus couch flash/image multiboot
    Xtrend ET8500 ViX plus couch flash/boot OS1/OS2 image
    Xtrend ET7500 (standard ViX image)
    EMP Centauri 9 x 16 multiswitch with 1.5M Gibertini 28.2E and 80cm 19.2 dishes
    Panasonic 50 & 55 " plasma TV's plus Acer 28" 4k ips monitor
    Mede8er/Dune media players
    Remote: Simple Control app

  12. #26
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member


    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    208
    Thanks
    66
    Thanked 78 Times in 47 Posts
    Must admit I've never tried the modern hardware multiboot, sounds much better than the BarryAllen method in your position beta testing I guess it's ideal.

    Let's hope it comes to the SF4008, it's an interesting but not an essential feature to me for an STB, horses for courses I guess.

    It's great to talk to people who have a wider interest in sat other than just the main 2 UK providers.

  13. #27
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    167
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 8 Times in 7 Posts
    I wanted to have the 4 tuners on it , even though I might not use it.
    Anyway i need a receiver, I owned the solo 4K for a week and lesson learned, sat receivers and not to do other fancy stuff like Kodi, £400 is too much if other features are hit and miss.

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to 007xico For This Useful Post:

    Bangord30 (29-12-16)

  15. #28
    The Boss Sicilian's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    26,075
    Thanks
    21,047
    Thanked 23,643 Times in 6,543 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by twol View Post
    I guess it could be just a power issue ... not enough capability for 4 tuners
    From what I understand its a cpu/chipset limitation.
    D I S C L A I M E R

    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

    Follow us on Twitter 0penViX
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    Support our sponsor VUPLUS-SHOP.CO.UK HERE
    EDISION OS MEGA, TM-NANO-SE M2 PLUS, MUTANT HD51, VU+ ULTIMO 4K
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Technomate 80cm Powered by TM-2600 and Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish





  16. #29
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member


    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    2,614
    Thanks
    62
    Thanked 543 Times in 468 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 007xico View Post
    I wanted to have the 4 tuners on it , even though I might not use it.
    Anyway i need a receiver, I owned the solo 4K for a week and lesson learned, sat receivers and not to do other fancy stuff like Kodi, £400 is too much if other features are hit and miss.
    Depends what you want to do on Kodi re the £400 is too much.
    I only use Kodi as a front end for my 34TB (and growing) media server, If there was a box that could run Netflix & Amazon in HDR with support for 3D MVC and Kodi 4K 10bit HDR support i would pay £400 tomorrow.
    VU+ Ultimo 4K 3TB, 1x Twin DVBS-2 FBC / 1x DVB-C FBC/ 1x Twin DVB-T2.
    VU+ Solo4k 2TB, 2xFBC-S2, 2xC/T2, 1x Sundtek .
    1m Motorised Single LNB Dish, 60cm Fixed Octo LNB Dish.
    Samsung 65HU8500 with SEK-3500, Denon AVR-X2200W 5.1.2.
    Oppo UDP-203
    Panasonic 55VT50.
    Zidoo X9S
    Amazon Fire TV 4k & Amazon Fire TV (SPMC sideloaded).

  17. #30
    ViX Beta Tester twol's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    2,566
    Thanks
    345
    Thanked 764 Times in 597 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DaMacFunkin View Post
    Depends what you want to do on Kodi re the £400 is too much.
    I only use Kodi as a front end for my 34TB (and growing) media server, If there was a box that could run Netflix & Amazon in HDR with support for 3D MVC and Kodi 4K 10bit HDR support i would pay £400 tomorrow.
    You need to look at the HiMedia q10 Pro
    Octagon SF4008 ViX
    Mut@nt HD51 ViX plus couch flash/image multiboot
    Xtrend ET8500 ViX plus couch flash/boot OS1/OS2 image
    Xtrend ET7500 (standard ViX image)
    EMP Centauri 9 x 16 multiswitch with 1.5M Gibertini 28.2E and 80cm 19.2 dishes
    Panasonic 50 & 55 " plasma TV's plus Acer 28" 4k ips monitor
    Mede8er/Dune media players
    Remote: Simple Control app

Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •