Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 15 of 28 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: OCTAGON SF4008 4K UHD 2160p Linux E2 Receiver

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by twol View Post
    You are obviously a Harrods guy .
    Not really but if i am going to invest in something that is going to be Very Expensive i would rather go for Quality over Quantity, as i would rather pay once now than have to upgrade every year when the flavor of the month changes, and my Duo2 is still my Work Horse Receiver so i am using that as my Blueprint for Quality, but if i count how much i have spent trying to get the perfect Receiver i could have bought that New Motorbike

by the way Andy i have my eye on the LG OLED55B6V
    Last edited by nsw9154; 10-02-17 at 21:08.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to nsw9154 For This Useful Post:

twol (10-02-17)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,888 Times in 2,243 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsw9154 View Post
    Not really but if i am going to invest in something that is going to be Very Expensive i would rather go for Quality over Quantity, as i would rather pay once now than have to upgrade every year when the flavor of the month changes, and my Duo2 is still my Work Horse Receiver so i am using that as my Blueprint for Quality, but if i count how much i have spent trying to get the perfect Receiver i could have bought that New Motorbike
    If I could have Vu+ quality (I think I said that ) with Octagon/Mutants user support and service then you might have the best receiver. I just refuse to buy a receiver where the company treats you like #######
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> DUR-Line DCR 5-1-8-L4 Multiswitch to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Spaun SUS 5581/33 NFA Multiswitch to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using Legacy ports on multiswitches
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    Thanks
    Couldn't agree more Andy.
    Its really nice to see a supplier Octagon working so closely with an image provider .... but this can (and currently looking at an issue with the hd51) lead to issues that affect other images...maybe too close

So far my view of the HD51 vs the SF4008 is pretty equal ..... there are plusses and minusses on both sides.
    I am certainly not seeing the tuner benefits I expected to see .... but I have an unusual situation living on the edge of 28.2E FTA reception

So at the moment I am actually coming down on the HD51 side ... if the apparent issue can be fixed

..... but the HD51 remote is a real pig
    Whats the issue with the HD51. I have mines up and running and for past few days and not noticed anything so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,130 Times in 2,737 Posts
    Do Vu+ still give out free units to Image and beta testers for all of there work they put into image building and driver testing which helps them drive more box sales
    All PM,s asking about c/s on cable will be ignored and reported to forum staff!

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    twol no offense meant mate i can see you like Quality products you have a Gibertini 1.5 Dish i could only afford the Gibertini 80cm at the time

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by garryboy View Post
    Whats the issue with the HD51. I have mines up and running and for past few days and not noticed anything so far.

May not be an issue ... time will tell I didn't think there was anything until a post yesterday ... and mine has been happily running for months.
    Last edited by twol; 10-02-17 at 21:46.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using Legacy ports on multiswitches

Title
    Thanks
    May not be an issue ... time will tell I didn't think there was anything until a post yesterday
    Can you elaborate. Or direct me to what you were reading

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nsw9154 View Post
    twol no offense meant mate i can see you like Quality products you have a Gibertini 1.5 Dish i could only afford the Gibertini 80cm at the time
    No offense taken
    Living in Germany you appreciate quality along with all their sausages ... do I miss English sausages, bacon, pork pies et al ...... Yes!! But the beer is brilliant

..and living close to Italy, we get the benefit of Italian wine, coffee and Gibertini !!
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:

Title
    Thanks
    I still think for the price the mutant is a cracking deal ie twin tuner & hdd support less than £200 is a bargain, i really looked at all the current 4k boxes with no limits on price as i intend too keep it for a few years, ok the mutant was a bonus as i knew someone who bought one & couldnt get on with it so i bought it off him silly cheap / as other have said my bigest gripe was the remote but that was curred by me purchasing a logitech harmony 650 remote & so far a month later the mutant has grown on me & going to be a keeper even though ill prob buy an sf4008 in the next few months

Title
    Thanks
    Twol

How would you rate the overall picture quality of the Octagon SF4008 v VUSolo 2 when viewing HD content or even 4k broadcasts (appreciate VU+Solo 2 does not decode 4K)?

Thanks in advance

John
    Last edited by John57; 10-02-17 at 21:49.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by John57 View Post
    Twol

How would you rate the overall picture quality of the Octagon SF4008 v VUSolo 2 when viewing HD content or even 4k broadcasts?

Thanks in advance

John
    I don't think you can compare any of the 4K Arm boxes from Mutant (HD51), Octagon (SF4008) and VU+ with anything else ...picture wise they are all excellent.
    On a 4K TV/monitor they are magic ... just short of content.
    I have just moved my HD51 downstairs connected to an Onkyo amp system and Panasonic Plasma and its like a new world (running with 1080p) compared to the previous Xtrend ET8500.... very solid, detailed and great blacks picture wise.

I would expect the Octagon SF4008 to be the same based on what I have seen so far.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:

13. The Following User Says Thank You to twol For This Useful Post:

John57 (10-02-17)

Title
    Thanks
    What a lot of people seem to forget is ok you buy a 4k box no matter the make & there is all sorts & price ranges about, but you need to rember that in the uk we dont get alot of 4k content & the box you buy will only be as good as the tv you are using it on & who the service provider is. i bought a 9000 series samsung curved tv & the mutant is running both sky & virgin cards & so far im very impressed the hd content is amazing & the sd is good, the other factors people need to rember is quality of dish - lnb & cabling etc. mine is running an 60cm dish with an inverto black ultra lnb tuned to 28.2 with low loss cable with snap & seal connectors.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to mrxbox360 For This Useful Post:

John57 (10-02-17)

Title
    Thanks
    Twol

Many thanks for you're reply and your prompt response to my question....thank you.

After many years using a Pioneer Kuro 500A (sold it to a British TV enthusiast living in Munich) I upgraded to a Samsung 4K UHD and so far I am very happy with my choice.

Twol, with all these new receivers that are now coming onto the market I am looking to make the move into the 4K receiver market (even though there is still relatively little content) my decision process is based on what I read from all those who contribute on this excellent forum, I totally appreciate and respect all those who spend hours/days/month testing all new products along with developing and improving the VIX image....thank you to you all who participate in the testing process so that we enjoy the benefits. In regards to the new Octagon SF4008 and the VU+Ultimo 4k I will continue to follow all threads.

Regards
    John

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by John57 View Post
    Twol

After many years using a Pioneer Kuro 500A (sold it to a British TV enthusiast living in Munich) I upgraded to a Samsung 4K UHD and so far I am very happy with my choice.
    I might even know him ...... if so he also bought one of the last Panny plasma's
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:

18. The Following User Says Thank You to twol For This Useful Post:

John57 (10-02-17)

Title
    Thanks
    Twol

It is a small world we live in....

Regards
    John

Page 15 of 28 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast