Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: i smy tuner on the way out?

Title
    Thanks

i smy tuner on the way out?

Hi all,

Have an xp1000 with motorised dish. I have recently had an intermittent fault in that sometimes i get the tune failed error message and signal stength of 0%. tonight i was watching 28east on bbc2, but had to restart my box after a problem with my router. when its restarted, it immediately showed the same error message and the signal sterngth of 0%. I'm certain the motor did not move after the box restarted. I left it for a while but no joy. I moved the motor to 30west and picked up that signal ok, even though last week I was getting 0% on there too. Kept flicking backwards and forwards to 28 east but am still getting 0%. The dish is moving as I have visually checked it. The signal did come back once, but then i checked 19east and got 0% on there, and then back to 0% on 28east. When this has happened before, eventually after using the motor to move the dish, the signal has come back in the past. If the motor was slightly out, surely i'd be getting more than 0%? I am trying to work out the where the problem is but am having no joy. I have got a satellite meter but to be honest am not really sure how to use it with regards to the knob on the side.

Any ideas? could it be a problem with the tuner or the lnb?

My next step is to borrow someone elses box and see what happens there.
    Thanks

Title
    Thanks
    Have woke up this morning and 28 east is working ok, havng just left the box on overnight, so the dish has not moved. I am stumped. LNB? Tuner?