Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: How do I full scan all terestrial channels including scrambled

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,925 Times in 3,259 Posts
    58W mainly C-band.

58W.jpg
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Huevos For This Useful Post:

Joe_90 (03-12-16)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fat-tony View Post
    Yay - you're 90% there!

Now you need to do some homework . Open AutoBouquetsMaker and enable Freesat London (on 28.2) to start with. It will pull in all the Freesat services and organise them into categories - as many or as few as you like. This will give you a list organised the same as a Freesat receiver. You can do the same with SKY if you have a SKY card to view encrypted channels. I used to use my SKY card in my receiver, but I cancelled SKY about 6 months ago so now I just look at free to air stuff. I have pretty much zero interest in football or SKY movies. Start from there and you can add other providers as I think there are some for 19.2, 42.0, 23.5 etc. I just use the alphabetical lists from the satellite scans if I need to view something. What abu was trying to get you to install earlier was a set of channel bouquets for different satellites which would mean you don't have to scan manually. You can do that and play around now that you've got the swing of things. I can't rate AutoBouquetsMaker highly enough, though, as it will manage any channel moves on SKY/Freesat/Freeview and you can do a lot of configuration to get a combination of terrestrial and satellite channels in a list the way you want it. Combine that with CrossEPG (it's on the EPG page) and you will have a nice programme guide. I presume you have a hard drive in the receiver? Store the EPG on it, or use a USB stick if you don't have a hard drive. Your journey starts here!
    If I open Auto Bouqutet is it available for all channels and services on 13e, 19e,28e, etc?
    I assume this will auto update to save me re-scanning?
    Is there a guide on how to set this up or do I just download and install it and job done?
    yes I have a hardisk attached so will give it a go.

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,925 Times in 3,259 Posts
    If you are using OpenViX image, ABM is an embedded plugin. Just select the broadcasters you want from the provider menu and then select scan.
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

Title
    Thanks
    abm screenshot 1.jpgabm screenshot 2.jpgabm screenshot 3.jpgabm screenshot 4.jpgabm screenshot 5.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by ALIEN1X View Post
    If I open Auto Bouqutet is it available for all channels and services on 13e, 19e,28e, etc?
    I assume this will auto update to save me re-scanning?
    Is there a guide on how to set this up or do I just download and install it and job done?
    yes I have a hardisk attached so will give it a go.
    OK tried the ABM plugin and went thru settings including cross EPG, scanned the chosen saterlites then received error message saying can not read data?

Checked menus/epg nothing has changed in the way sats/channles are organised, unkess that's the way its ment to look like and saves me rescanning channels and sats when thay change or move?

I have added screen shots of settings.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,115 Times in 879 Posts
    I did suggest you start with Freesat on 28.2 first ABM looks for specific transponders on particular satellites in order to obtain the bouquet information. If there is an issue during the scan the process stops. Your dish will need to be able to receive the particular transponder, so if it's not tracking properly you may have issues.

So, start with Freesat/SKY on 28.2 only and ensure ABM completes ok. There is a log kept for ABM which you can review to find where it stopped. Alternatively turn on debug logs in the setup/settings/logs menu.
    GB Quad Plus, Mut@nt HD51, AX HD61, 80cm dish and Supreme Dark motor. Sony STR-DN 1060, Sony UHP-H1 Bluray, Odroid N2+ (CoreElec), Monitor Audio Bronze 5.1 speakers

Title
    Thanks
    I did suggest you start with Freesat on 28.2 first ABM looks for specific transponders on particular satellites in order to obtain the bouquet information. If there is an issue during the scan the process stops. Your dish will need to be able to receive the particular transponder, so if it's not tracking properly you may have issues.

So, start with Freesat/SKY on 28.2 only and ensure ABM completes ok. There is a log kept for ABM which you can review to find where it stopped. Alternatively turn on debug logs in the setup/settings/logs menu.
    Many thanks I will try again

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,115 Times in 879 Posts
    If you click on the Quick Support Menu drop-down here on the forum you will find lots of interesting guides and how-to's
    GB Quad Plus, Mut@nt HD51, AX HD61, 80cm dish and Supreme Dark motor. Sony STR-DN 1060, Sony UHP-H1 Bluray, Odroid N2+ (CoreElec), Monitor Audio Bronze 5.1 speakers

Title
    Thanks
    If you click on the Quick Support Menu drop-down here on the forum you will find lots of interesting guides and how-to's
    I will look at that too

Title
    Thanks

Question

Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    Tuner A will not pick up tuner B.

Channel/tuning data is shared for qualifying tuners. You only need to scan on one. If you had a billion tuners of the same type, they would all share the same tuning/channel data.
    I have lost most of my terestrial channels so out of 17approx 170 I only now gety 107 channels example if I click on BBC NEWS HD i get a blank screen with error message ' Tuner Failed'.

A i have 3 terestrial plugin tunner a, b and c, tuner D is a Sat Tuner . I have set tuner A to united Kngdom , Londpn crstal palce etc. Oout of approx 170 channels which I had before I now get only 107 channels after rescanning?

MY tuner A congeration is set for network scan, UK, Crystal Palace, stll i have the same problsm - tuner failed on some channels only when selecting BBC NEWS Of othe main menu.

I only get 107 channels on EPG, any tps of how can get eh rest of the missing channels?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    Please respond to the question that is asked even if you think it is irrelevant. If you don't understand the question, please say so. If you want to make another statement, do so in another post. Please forgive our short comings.

Post a screenshot of Tuner configuration for tuner A.
    Post a screenshot of Tuner configuration for tuner B.
    Post a screenshot of Tuner configuration for tuner C.

Post a screenshot of the page showing the scan details. If you don't scan, but use ABM instead, please say so.

A guide to taking screenshots is here
    http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...o-attach-files

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    Please respond to the question that is asked even if you think it is irrelevant. If you don't understand the question, please say so. If you want to make another statement, do so in another post. Please forgive our short comings.

Post a screenshot of Tuner configuration for tuner A.
    Post a screenshot of Tuner configuration for tuner B.
    Post a screenshot of Tuner configuration for tuner C.

Post a screenshot of the page showing the scan details. If you don't scan, but use ABM instead, please say so.

A guide to taking screenshots is here
    http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...o-attach-files
    Hi, Thanks for the response, prior to taking any screen shots I have discovered what the problem is. Bad aeral cable connection or 2 way areral spliter. When touching any of these 2 items it increase or decfreases the signal which effects the channel scan.

just hope its only the cheap little spliter and not the cable which cost me alot https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I managed to re-scan and get about 172 channels onluy when tinkering with cable lead or spliter.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234