Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vu Duo died new box advice needed

Title
    Thanks

Vu Duo died new box advice needed

Hello all I have been a very happy owner of a vu+ duo for years and its finally died ... I could repair but fancy updating my system ...any advice ...i am out of touch with current models specs .....see ads for mutant and xtrend looks alot more choice niw thsn 6 yrs ago was just techomate dreambox or vu back in those days...
    Im flexible I csn afford high end if warrants it ... But if something does the same for half the price we love a bargain.... Also kodi is it only vu thst do as n Add on ??

Inital thoughts vu solo 2

Many thans

Title
    Thanks
    If you like a bargain a TM Nano with the 2nd tuner option will do everything your old Duo1 did.

The Solo2 is an excellent choice as it opens up a some extra capabilities, but many people never use these extras.

One thing that is a definite upgrade with the Nano - even though it is a bargain price - is a decent remote control, far better than the awful rubbish that VU supply with their boxes.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to timofee For This Useful Post:

garryboy (06-01-17)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by timofee View Post
    If you like a bargain a TM Nano with the 2nd tuner option will do everything your old Duo1 did.

The Solo2 is an excellent choice as it opens up a some extra capabilities, but many people never use these extras.

One thing that is a definite upgrade with the Nano - even though it is a bargain price - is a decent remote control, far better than the awful rubbish that VU supply with their boxes.
    What are you talkiing about?? THe Vu remotes are quality. I love my solo 2 remote. Universal too

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by timofee View Post
    a decent remote control, far better than the awful rubbish that VU supply with their boxes.

lol... you obviously haven't looked at the Mut@nt remote....now there's a disaster if ever there was one ...pmsl
    What else can i say !!.....

You can`t please all of the people all of the time...so...dont even try........ ...

Code:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dugJTYz-JR4&feature=em-subs_digest

Title
    Thanks
    Ive read that the new VU Ultimo 4k is out on or abt the 15-12-2016 might be worth waiting
    Re the VU remotes ive had 4 now after abt 4 months you have to stand on them to get them to work rubbish!

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by wullboy View Post
    lol... you obviously haven't looked at the Mut@nt remote....now there's a disaster if ever there was one ...pmsl
    That remote was a joke. lol

Title
    Thanks
    Had my vu duo remote 6 years did ok ... How would you compare say a U Solo 2 v the mutants and xtrend machines I see a lot written about

cheers

steve

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JIZZSTER View Post
    Had my vu duo remote 6 years did ok ... How would you compare say a U Solo 2 v the mutants and xtrend machines I see a lot written about

cheers

steve
    I have the solo 2 in the extension. Solid box, quick. looks nice.

But my main box is the xtrend 10000 due to the fact i wanted a quad tuner with DVB C tuners. I also wanted a box that has transcoding and is compatible with a 3.5inch HDD.

Title
    Thanks
    Joysleep I might go for a Duo 2 ..built in wifi and use my 3,5 HDD from my old Duo only 30 quid more than a solo 2 with a 2.5 hdd added and a dongle......

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Joysleep I might go for a Duo 2 ..built in wifi and use my 3,5 HDD from my old Duo only 30 quid more than a solo 2 with a 2.5 hdd added and a dongle......
    The problem with the Duo 2 is that it is soo massive. Also it is not fully quad compatible. As in i needed 3 DVB C tuners and 1 DVB S2 tuners. You can not do that with the Duo 2.
    Yh i guess the built in WIFI is an advantage although it was not a selling point for me as i have everything hard wired via ethernet

Title
    Thanks
    If I get. Machine with internal HDD can anyone recommend a good HD .... Thinking solo2..or duo2 mutant etc etc ..... 2.5. 500gb or 1tb ...

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,888 Times in 2,243 Posts
    As you are forced to buy a new receiver, you might as well buy one that is forward compatible, so I would go for the mutant hd51, uses the arm processor, very fast, great in 1080 but also great 2160 picture... negatives: has a case and a remote
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> DUR-Line DCR 5-1-8-L4 Multiswitch to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Spaun SUS 5581/33 NFA Multiswitch to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using Legacy ports on multiswitches
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    Thanks
    Wow got me thinking re the Mutant v the Solo2 ........ does the mutant come with 1 tuner and need to add another??
    is the mutant well supported with plug ins from having the VU+ for years obviously trust the product..... any plans for odi on the mutant?

thanks

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,888 Times in 2,243 Posts
    Wow got me thinking re the Mutant v the Solo2 ........ does the mutant come with 1 tuner and need to add another??
    is the mutant well supported with plug ins from having the VU+ for years obviously trust the product..... any plans for odi on the mutant?

thanks
    Ok: equal all plugins on the feeds are available to both
    Mutant 51 vs solo 4k (not uno or ultimo) +ve latest arm chip plus support (is there ever any Vu support ?)
    -ve fbc for newcomers or people ditching current setup provides big tuner advantages

I am sorry for the cynical response on support but what most people do not realise is that most oe-a images have to work around the total lack of support from Vu
    Last edited by twol; 04-12-16 at 21:37.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> DUR-Line DCR 5-1-8-L4 Multiswitch to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Spaun SUS 5581/33 NFA Multiswitch to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using Legacy ports on multiswitches
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Buy my solo2 mate you know it makes sense it's dual tuner..
    or Buy my Duo2 its also for sale, also a dual sat tuner and if you add a USB tuner you CAN run 3 cable tuners and 2 sat on it fine with speedy zapping (to the poster who was dumbing it down for not being able to run 3 cable tuners, a Sundtek USB tuner isn't much difference in price to a single DVB-C module and it performs as well as an internal).
    VU+ Ultimo 4K 3TB, 1x Twin DVBS-2 FBC / 1x DVB-C FBC/ 1x Twin DVB-T2.
    VU+ Solo4k 2TB, 2xFBC-S2, 2xC/T2, 1x Sundtek .
    1m Motorised Single LNB Dish, 60cm Fixed Octo LNB Dish.
    Samsung 65HU8500 with SEK-3500, Denon AVR-X2200W 5.1.2.
    Oppo UDP-203
    Panasonic 55VT50.
    Zidoo X9S
    Amazon Fire TV 4k & Amazon Fire TV (SPMC sideloaded).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast