Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Data Error on some channels

Title
    Thanks

Data Error on some channels

Is anyone else seeing errors in the History EPG. My sources are Rytec & HMLTV. I update daily using EPG Importer and CrossEPG Downloader. I also use AutoBouquetMaker to update weekly. As I have my own order of channels etc I use IDreamX to import my preferred bouquet format. Whether or not I do the latter the errors are there. Any help appreciated.
    [COLOR="#FF0000"]Vu+ Ultimo - 1.1m Techomate 2600 motorised dish & a fixed Sky dish - 3.9.6 Kernal - Drivers 24/11/2015 - Image Was openvix-5.0.020 - CCCam 2.3 - 1TB Hard drive - Connected to Network using ethernet cable - Skin Vix-Night HD

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    Is your problem ABM or EPG?

What do you mean by "data error"?

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,953 Times in 3,274 Posts
    Why are you using ABM if you are not happy with the bouquet format?
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Huevos View Post
    Why are you using ABM if you are not happy with the bouquet format?
    It isn't that I am unhappy with ABM it's just that I have not yet worked out how to organise my ABM to the way I want for my channels. My "old bouquets" have unwanted channels removed and then channels grouped together under one heading, even though they may use a different satellite. I want to move to ABM because I understood that it updates changes to transponders etc, I read somewhere that EPG Importer and CrossEPG Downloader don't. If nobody is seeing the data error issue then clearly it is related to my setup. Regards Frank
    [COLOR="#FF0000"]Vu+ Ultimo - 1.1m Techomate 2600 motorised dish & a fixed Sky dish - 3.9.6 Kernal - Drivers 24/11/2015 - Image Was openvix-5.0.020 - CCCam 2.3 - 1TB Hard drive - Connected to Network using ethernet cable - Skin Vix-Night HD

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    Is your problem ABM or EPG?

What do you mean by "data error"?
    I assume the problem is with EPG although not sure. Any suggestions on how I can test my setup are welcome. I have tried just updating the EPG or just updating the ABM, it seems to make no difference. The "data error" I see is the EPG shows a programme that is not being transmitted/ Strangely not all entries are wrong. I hope I'm not doing something dumb!! Regards Frank

Title
    Thanks
    Post a screenshot showing what you mean.

Title
    Thanks
    As requested screen shot. When I select History +1 Pawn Stars doesn't show it is a different programme but same channel. On further experimentation it appears the following programme plays ie Flipping Boston. I checked my box is showing the correct time and it is. The info box OSD still says Pawn Stars. Strangely it isn't all channels and not all the time. Is it now clear? I will continue to investigate and check frequencies etc when the problem is there. I'll keep you posted as I discover things. Frank

image.png

Title
    Thanks
    To rephrase the problem.... "The EPG data is not correct for the service"

AutoBouquetsMaker does not acquire EPG data.
    Maybe the following is helpful for you? http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...t=bouquets+epg

You have not mentioned how you are acquiring your EPG data. Most people use CrossEPG Downloader (OpenTV EPG for 28.2), others use EPG/XMLTV importer (internet based download)

You can try the following:

1. Delete the EPG data using teh load/save delete option
    2. Re-acquire your EPG data

If that doesnot work,
    1b. Try this: http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...890-Remove-EPG
    2b Re-acquire your EPG data

9. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

frankblueking (02-12-16)

Title
    Thanks
    To rephrase the problem.... "The EPG data is not correct for the service"

AutoBouquetsMaker does not acquire EPG data.
    Maybe the following is helpful for you? http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...t=bouquets+epg

You have not mentioned how you are acquiring your EPG data. Most people use CrossEPG Downloader (OpenTV EPG for 28.2), others use EPG/XMLTV importer (internet based download)

You can try the following:

1. Delete the EPG data using teh load/save delete option
    2. Re-acquire your EPG data

If that doesnot work,
    1b. Try this: http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...890-Remove-EPG
    2b Re-acquire your EPG data
    Thanks Abu I use both CrossEPG Downloader and EPG/XMLTV importer at separate times in the day, maybe that is the cause of the problem. I have used this setup for some time but never seen the current problem before. I will try the various suggestions and post my findings. Time to go back to school and read the referenced articles again. Cheers Frank
    Last edited by frankblueking; 02-12-16 at 10:33.

Title
    Thanks
    You need to say how you are obtaining your EPG data. No point people guessing.

Thread will be moved out of ABM section.

Title
    Thanks
    You need to say how you are obtaining your EPG data. No point people guessing.

Thread will be moved out of ABM section.
    Hi Apols for any confusion but I had mentioned CrossEPG Downloader and EPG Importer in the first post along with Rytec and XMLTV. I didn't mention that I used OpenTV EPG for 28.2E. I'll do the reading and start from new following the advice. Thanks again. Frank

Title
    Thanks
    Do not use more than one source for the same provider. i.e don't obtain 28.2 EPG data from Cross-OpenTV and EPG/XMLTV importer. One will overwrite the other.

There is very little debug in these plugins, and it is sometimes like getting blood out of stone getting details from people. Have a look at this guide:
    http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...k-with-ViX-3-0
    The video version is here
    http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...-2-Video-Guide

14. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

frankblueking (02-12-16)

Title
    Thanks
    Do not use more than one source for the same provider. i.e don't obtain 28.2 EPG data from Cross-OpenTV and EPG/XMLTV importer. One will overwrite the other.

There is very little debug in these plugins, and it is sometimes like getting blood out of stone getting details from people. Have a look at this guide:
    http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...k-with-ViX-3-0
    The video version is here
    http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...-2-Video-Guide
    Hi Abu I have set up my EPG from fresh having read most of the referenced articles. The problem has gone away, I think, but thought it might be useful to post some thoughts/observations. I tried moving over to CrossEPG Downloader only and found that my box froze on several occasions and it took an age to finish. I then moved to only EPG Importer to update with Rytec as the source. Of course I also formatted the USB used for my EPG storage. I have stopped using the Cross-OpenTV EPG for 28.2E and use RytecUK instead. Not sure if the helps or makes any sense. I wait to see how things progress. A final question, did I see a post saying there is/are new plugins for downloading the EPG data? Cheers Frank

Title
    Thanks
    If you are happy using XMLTV/EPG importer, then continue using that on its own.

I've been using Cross EPG for 28.2 for several years with no problems.

There is no new plugin as far as I know. Just a new XML file for the data for Sky and Virgin to go beyond 7 days.

There was a plugin to convert opentv EPG to radio times EPG, but that did not take off.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

frankblueking (09-12-16)