Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: No Signal from 4.8E

Title
    Thanks

No Signal from 4.8E

Hi I note that I no longer have any signal on 4.8E. I have tested the other sites from 28.2E to 0.8W and all looked to be working fine. I can't see anything on the Net or on this forum saying they have a problem. Any help appreciated.
    [COLOR="#FF0000"]Vu+ Ultimo - 1.1m Techomate 2600 motorised dish & a fixed Sky dish - 3.9.6 Kernal - Drivers 24/11/2015 - Image Was openvix-5.0.020 - CCCam 2.3 - 1TB Hard drive - Connected to Network using ethernet cable - Skin Vix-Night HD

Title
    Thanks
    Maybe weather related or we're slightly out of alignment?

If I use Signal Finder I get a lock on 11766 H 27500 3/4 but say SVT1 HD is currently at 0% - that same channel works for me on Thor.

My dish is much smaller than yours though so possibly I never got 4.8e before trying today. (sorry!)
    Last edited by aido; 22-11-16 at 17:42.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to aido For This Useful Post:

frankblueking (22-11-16)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by frankblueking View Post
    Hi I note that I no longer have any signal on 4.8E. I have tested the other sites from 28.2E to 0.8W and all looked to be working fine. I can't see anything on the Net or on this forum saying they have a problem. Any help appreciated.
    Hi mate ,everything is all right ,maybe your dish or motorise system is of alignment ,

regards Nick
    Attached Images Attached Images

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks Nick If the dish was out of alignment would the other sats also have a problem? 0.8W works fine as does 13, 16 19 and 28.2E. Confusing but we have had some strongish winds recently and maybe the alignment has changed. Frank
    [COLOR="#FF0000"]Vu+ Ultimo - 1.1m Techomate 2600 motorised dish & a fixed Sky dish - 3.9.6 Kernal - Drivers 24/11/2015 - Image Was openvix-5.0.020 - CCCam 2.3 - 1TB Hard drive - Connected to Network using ethernet cable - Skin Vix-Night HD

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    when was the last time you updated your satellite settings , transponders change quite regular maybe your settings need up dating

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    4.8e is harder to pick up than those other sats you mentioned so slight movement of the dish could affect it and not the others.
    VU+ Ultimo 4K 3TB, 1x Twin DVBS-2 FBC / 1x DVB-C FBC/ 1x Twin DVB-T2.
    VU+ Solo4k 2TB, 2xFBC-S2, 2xC/T2, 1x Sundtek .
    1m Motorised Single LNB Dish, 60cm Fixed Octo LNB Dish.
    Samsung 65HU8500 with SEK-3500, Denon AVR-X2200W 5.1.2.
    Oppo UDP-203
    Panasonic 55VT50.
    Zidoo X9S
    Amazon Fire TV 4k & Amazon Fire TV (SPMC sideloaded).

Title
    Thanks
    I have scanned today so not sure it is out of date settings. I am now convinced the dish must have moved in the wind although I tried adjusting the longitude and latitude to see if that made a difference, it didn't make a lot of difference. If my memory serves me correctly I marked the mast for direction 0.00 so that could give a clue. Thanks for your help.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DaMacFunkin View Post
    4.8e is harder to pick up than those other sats you mentioned so slight movement of the dish could affect it and not the others.

Thanks. That is a possible answer. It does appear to be a weak signal as sometimes I get a picture that breaks up. I'll get there eventually !!

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by frankblueking View Post
    Thanks Nick If the dish was out of alignment would the other sats also have a problem? 0.8W works fine as does 13, 16 19 and 28.2E. Confusing but we have had some strongish winds recently and maybe the alignment has changed. Frank
    Hi Frank,some time the motor goes off from orbit,when motor is of from orbit then all satellite have been effected ,so you loosing signal from all satellites ,if the sat installer have done good job one beginning ,and obviously and configuration mode have choose USALS,and you use to watch at 4.8 east, you can reset the motor from factory default,deleted all errors , how you can do that on any satellite box Enigma 2 linux ,menu-setup-service searching-positioner setup-and highlight Goto then 000.0 then press green button,dependent on your box what option that image have to send the motor 0 degrees ,same on my screen shot,then motor goes 0 degrees, wait till stop , when motor is stop at 0 degrees then unplug the coax cable from back of receiver wait 10 seconds ,and press all exit from the menu,then re plug again the cable , ten give command to go 4.8 east and see did you got picture or no , if not then motor need alignment,
    Astra 4A---4.8 east ---120cm Nordic beam (UK is outside intended service area)
    Astra 4A ---4.8 east ---80cm European beam

regards Nick
    Attached Images Attached Images

11. The Following User Says Thank You to fevgatos For This Useful Post:

frankblueking (23-11-16)