For this guide and setup i'm using a 32GB USB 2.0 stick. The Android OS will remain intact in flash providing the guide is followed.
Developer build LibreELEC dated 2016-11-09. This build has Kodi 17.0-Beta 6.
- USB 2.0 USB Stick, my recommendation would be a minimum of 8GB in size. Anything larger than 32GB may take a while resizing partitions during first boot.
- LibreELEC USB-SD Creator.Code:https://libreelec.tv/downloads/
- External USB Keyboard, RF Remote or Mini external USB RF keyboard will be required to obtain IP address from the unit during setup. Also to enable SSH during first setup wizard.
- Remote.conf attached to this guide.
- Toothpick / Cocktail stick to hold down reset in rear panel.
1) Download LibreELEC image file from here.
For this guide i'm using latest devel-krypton branch, tested and found very stable.Code:http://kszaq.libreelec.tv/s905/
The exact build I've is from branch 2016-11-09
Download the top file in link below, you must use the img.gz for fresh install. 09-Nov-2016 22:03 - 131861525.Code:http://kszaq.libreelec.tv/s905/devel-krypton/
2) Connect the USB stick that you wish to us to your PC.Code:http://kszaq.libreelec.tv/s905/devel-krypton/2016-11-09/
3) Open LibreELEC USB-SD Creator. Ignore Option 1. Option 2, click on Select file and select the img.gz file that you downloaded in step 1.
4) Option 3 select your USB stick if its not automatically selected.
5) Option 4, click on Write and wait for it to create your bootable LibreELEC stick. Click close once complete.
Now we move on to the Venz V10 Pro and boot from LibreELEC USB stick you've just created.
1) Ensure the V10 Pro is powered off.
2) Connect USB stick to the device.
3) On rear you will see a small hold for the reset button. Insert a toothpick or something similar to hold down the reset button.
4) Whilst holding down the reset button, connect power. This can be a little fiddly. Keep holding down reset until LibreELEC boot screen appears. Once LibreELEC bootscreen appears you can release the reset button.
5) Allow the 1st boot to complete.
6) At the first boot its likely the remote control supplied with the Venz V10 Pro will not work. Connect an external USB keyboard. Complete the first setup wizard. ENSURE YOU ENABLE SSH. navigate to Settings > System Information to obtain the IP address. Now we need to SFTP the attached 'remote.conf' to /storage/.config.
7) Open Filezilla. Host is IP of your device. Username = root, password = libreelec, port = 22. Click on Quickconnect.
8) Bottom right box click on the '..' directory to go up one level. Then go into 'Storage' and then into .'config'.
9) Bottom left box navigate to where you've saved 'remote.conf' attached to this guide and drag across into '.config' directory.
10) Reboot and enjoy fast lean Kodi through LibreELEC.
11) Optional, but I'd advise to set LibreELEC to wait for network before starting Kodi. Settings > LibreELEC > Network > Scroll down to Advanced Network Settings and set Wait for network before starting Kodi to on.