Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Vpn

Title
    Thanks

Vpn

Just wondering if there is a kodi vpn that works with a vu, as it would be great to get nbc sports extra working on my box.
    or a simple vpn for a vu to try...
    thanks
    jonnymac

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnymac67 View Post
    Just wondering if there is a kodi vpn that works with a vu, as it would be great to get nbc sports extra working on my box.
    or a simple vpn for a vu to try...
    thanks
    jonnymac
    VPN is easy, just set up openvpn in vix, then open kodi after starting it.

I use TorGuard, but this works for any provider that proivdes OpenVPN configs (the majority)

Put your .crt and .key files in /etc/openvpn
    Rename your .ovpn file to .conf and put it into /etc/openvpn
    Edit the line that says auth-user-pass, so that it reads auth-user-pass login.txt
    Create login.txt in /etc/openvpn with your username on the first line, password on the second, nothing else, no blank spaces or lines
    Start openvpn from the vix network menu.

Getting NBC sports to play is a whole different kettle of fish though, I'm still playing around trying to get it working, I can get streams playing using the Kodi DVDPlayer, but they have no sound and stutter due to no hardware acceleration in that player. E2's MediaPlayer doesn't play them at all, and the MediaPlayer2 "fix" for other images doesn't work on vix. (It didn't help on Blackhole either for NBC to be fair)

Best solution is still another box for Kodi, although I won't give up on having an "all-in-one" e2 receiver with 3PM kick-offs

Title
    Thanks
    I had no luck with the addon on kodi on any device I gave up and just cast it from my phone