Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Missing Channels

Title
    Thanks

Missing Channels

Hello,

Hope I'm in the right place....my first post and a pretty much a complete n00b, please be gentle with me

Using Openvix 4.2.013

Recently, some of my channels have disappeared....well not exactly disappeared, they're there, just not under the default channel in the EPG....how do I explain this better.......!
    I don't really know what I'm doing but it appears as though some channels have changed frequencies or something but ABM is still using the old frequencies?
    If I display 'all channels' using the red button whilst in the EPG then I can choose an alternative version of the channel which is listed by default and all is good but that's a right pain havign to do every time!

I presume this an ABM thing and hope I have explained sufficiently and suspect I am being very thick but having tried everything I can think of over the weekend including updating image to latest release I need some help!

Thanks for any guidance.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Title
    Thanks
    And not even completely sure I've attached the right log....like I said, something of a n00b sorry!

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    Your log does not show you running ABM. However, if it run fine, it would have created the bouquets. If there was a problem, you would be notified.

just not under the default channel in the EPG....how do I explain this better.......!
    maybe attaching a picture? guide in my signature if you need it.

May I suggest you look at these threads.....
    http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...s-and-Bouquets
    http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...and-Navigation

These may be of benefit for you too. They are nothing to do with ABM.

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...k-with-ViX-3-0
    http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...-2-Video-Guide

4. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

gringers (14-11-16)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks for the reply and the useful links.

I'm pretty sure I have run ABM and Cross EPG successfully and have now attached some screenshots.

The first screenshot shows the EPG/Bouquet Listing with one of my channels highlighted that doesn't have a picture (by default).
    (And sorry, I'm still struggling with what this SS shows is called - EPG or Bouquet?!)

The second picture shows the same screen after I have pressed the red button in the first screenshot. Now different 'listings' of the same channel appear. It appears as though by default, the bouquet(?) directs me to the 3rd 'listing' of the channel (as graphically displayed in the second screenshot).

However, only the first two 'listings' of the channel actually work though, the 3rd (my default), 4th and 5th 'listings' in the second screenshot don't show a picture. So my question is whether, when i go into the EPG/Bouquet Listing menu shown in these screenshots and change the default 'version' which is shown to be one that actually works.

And what am I doing wrong that doesn't allow this to happen by default?

1_0_1_1076_7E5_2_11A0000_0_0_0.jpg
    1_0_1_1076_7E5_2_11A0000_0_0_0 (2).jpg

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    Tip 1. You have HD channels in your bouquets/categories. These cannot be viewed on non-offcial receivers. See this thread
    http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...le-HD-channels

Back to your topic...
    If you look at your pictures, one has "Sky UK-Sports (TV)" other has "TV"

The one that says "TV"
    You are viewing while in the "all services" selection method. You are not in a bouquet, folder, category, genre or whatever word/name you want to use.

The one that says "Sky UK-Sports (TV)"
    You are viewing the services while in the Sports Bouquet.

On enigma2 receivers, the channels/services stored in the database includes all DVB services, Terrestrial, Cable, all the various satellites. Obviously only the ones you have scanned/imported. This also includes the ones that no longer work. The channels are moved between transponders for whatever reason the broadcaster has to, so they stop working.

I suggest you stop using the "all services" view for now. Select the bouquets/genres/categories/favourites. You can access them in that screen by pressing the blue button.

If you want a bouquet/category/genre/group for all sky channels, tell ABM to do this. You are asked about the main bouquet, one of the answers is "yes(all channels)". This will mean that your Entertainment bouquet will start at number 1000+

Looks like you did not read the threads to which I posted links. There are several ways of selecting channels you want on E2 receivers.

Example One
    Press Channel up/down (you will be in the last selected bouquet),
    Press Blue (favourites)
    Select bouquet/category you want
    Select channel you want

Example Two
    Press TV/FAV button,
    Select channel you want

Example Three
    Press EPG, you should now open up in the Graphical EPG, you should be in last selected bouquet)
    Press TV/FAV button > This will reveal list of bouquets
    Select channel you want