Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What to buy???? Help needed.

Djhitman

What to buy???? Help needed.

Hi all,

I am a newbie and have been doing some research into a new receiver. I had a dreambox hd800se and it lasted for 4 years until it had some issues and found out it's a clone (Sunray) when restarting it.

Anyway as it's quite old and is not supported much I would like to update my box.

I am looking for a twin tuner with a hard drive and what something that is reliable don't need much tinkering and has support.

I am leaning towards the Vu boxes and the solo and duo seem to be where I am at.

What are you suggestion guys???

Help is appreciated.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Twin Sat just you need them mate? Internal HDD?

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,044 Times in 7,633 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Djhitman View Post
    I am looking for a twin tuner with a hard drive and what something that is reliable don't need much tinkering and has support.

What are you suggestion guys???

Help is appreciated.
    Take a look at the Mutant HD51 http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/mut@nt-mutant-hd51
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Follow us on Twitter 0penViX
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    If its a twin satellite you are after I would go with either the Vu+ Solo2 or the new Mut@nt HD51 (4K receiver).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

Djhitman
    Thanks guys
    what's the difference between the vu solo and duo? Is it worth the difference in money? Also it's quite and old box is any near versions comming out?

The mutant looks good but never heard of it apart from on this forum (sorry as said a newbie)

Djhitman
    Thanks for the response I want an internal hhd no smaller the 500gb but not sure what you mean by "twin sat just you need"

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I went through the same as you a couple of years ago and settled on the Solo2 and it was a good decision then and still would be a good decision as it's an excellent box. But if I was making that decision now I would choose the Mutant HD51 based largely on it being a 4K box.
    VU+ Solo2 HDD Harmony 650 remote
    Mutant HD51 4K
    VU+ Zero
    Edision OS MINI

Title
    Junior Admin
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,599 Times in 2,632 Posts
    Twin sat / twin tuners have two cables so yiu can watch and record more than one channel at a time. Each cable gives you the whole sat channel.

I would avoid the solo and duo as both quite old and dated.

Bang for bucks the HD51 at 228 for a twin tuner is not bad and future proof as it's a 4K box but if you do not have a 4K TV and won't for couple of years, look at some of the other cheaper twin tuners or single ones if you don't want twin tuners

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Support The Sponsor - Buy from the best HERE
    Please abide by the rules - have a read HERE
    VIX manual & guides >>HERE
    Download images from >> HERE
    New Box Setup Guide >>HERE

D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE

Follow us on Twitter

NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN! IN OPEN FORUM OR PM

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ?

Title
    Thanks
    boxes(4k) incoming from gigablue, vu+ and miraclebox. probably 1st quater '17.
    Mutant hd51 pick of bunch TODAY (BUT boy do i HATE their remote controls!).
    I've had almost every make and model and, hand on heart, the best box ive had has been the miraclebox premium mini(made in sweden).
    It might sound daft(what with being able to use universal remotes) but i think you can judge a manufacturer by the design and effort they put into their remote controls( ergonomics- the 'feel' of it, button quality, easy of use - pressing the button once with no lag, durability - how long it will last etcetera) and by a country mile the Miraclebox comes out on top here(vu+ remotes are super too but the mb are tops).
    just my 2 pence worth

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    I have a Mut@nt HD2400 and the remote ain't that bad to be fair. I do prefer my Vu+ remotes mind ya, but in all honesty the Mut@nt one has never given me any issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

Djhitman
    lol I knew this was going to be hard. I thought I knew I was going for a Vu but now have seen the Mutant and a mention of miracle box. Lol

Getting confused by the post....

So I have not got a 4K tv yet but likely to get one maybe in a few years (by then I am sure 4K will be old news an 8k will be on the cards)

So I presuming the mutant can be played on a 1080p tv?

I most problem will get a harmony remote at some point so not to concerned about remote.

Also what do you think the support will be like with the mutant as when I bought my dreambox support was there with images and forum but now it's dead. I know that the Vu have always been very well supported by developers and community.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    If you are thinking about a Mut@nt 4K make sure you have read the forum rules as you will get no support in setting up Oscam as you cannot use Ccam or Mgcam with 4K receivers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Not entirely true...
    There have been patched versions of Mgcamd around for months, never used it though.
    VU+ Ultimo 4K 3TB, 1x Twin DVBS-2 FBC / 1x DVB-C FBC/ 1x Twin DVB-T2.
    VU+ Solo4k 2TB, 2xFBC-S2, 2xC/T2, 1x Sundtek .
    1m Motorised Single LNB Dish, 60cm Fixed Octo LNB Dish.
    Samsung 65HU8500 with SEK-3500, Denon AVR-X2200W 5.1.2.
    Oppo UDP-203
    Panasonic 55VT50.
    Zidoo X9S
    Amazon Fire TV 4k & Amazon Fire TV (SPMC sideloaded).

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,888 Times in 2,243 Posts
    Gigablue is now slated for next May, Xtrend?

So I went for the Mutant HD51 because their past boxes have seemed very reliable and technology wise it's a good receiver and the support so far has been really good.
    Remote ... well it's a remote but too small for my old fingers. External box appearance - well I suppose they had to put the technology into something, wish they had chosen something (a lot) better
    But overall the results are good with an excellent picture.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> DUR-Line DCR 5-1-8-L4 Multiswitch to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Spaun SUS 5581/33 NFA Multiswitch to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using Legacy ports on multiswitches
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    Thanks
    The problem is with cost cutting
    You either make the receiver look brilliant and sacrifice hardware or spend the budget on the hardware and put in in a cheaper box!.
    The third side is do both and put the price of the receiver up.
    Manufactures are willing to do all 3 with a budget type receiver.

Don't get me wrong the mutant is in the upper tier regards price point for medium budget but it's also low end budget for a 4k receiver.
    Look at the price difference with the vu take the fbc tuners out of the equation for a second and you'll see what I'm getting at.

Personally I'd rather have a great receiver that looks a bit ugly than one that looks a million dollars but it crap!

I've recently been looking into replacing my receiver.
    My main receiver is a venton unibox hd2 and whilst it's now getting to the point of getting old and outdated and I'm sure there will be a time in the not too distant future the team will have to discontinue the image support.
    But it's been superb from day 1. Never missed a beat apart from a warranty repair by the sponsors on the vfd.
    The remote works well as well.
    I have 2 other receivers that are also venton but are the eco+ models which were definitely a budget version from the brand.
    I use 1 as a bedroom box and my parents are actually using the other as a main receiver.
    This is a newer receiver to my hd2 but with it being budget it's already past the vix point of no return and you can see why in terms of hardware. Oh and the remote isn't a patch on the hd2!.
    That being said they do what they are supposed to within the use they were bought for. I wasn't expecting the top level performance for the small amount of £70 I paid for them. But they do the job as well as any other albeit a tiny bit slower.

I believe the original miraclebox was based from the venton and shared the same tuners so I did look at their receivers. I am a sucker for a new bit of tech and have been looking for something to a company my 4 month old 4k tv.
    However I don't think it's worth it at the minute with no 4k content of any note readily available on satellite FTA within Europe.
    My other dilemma is I run both cable and sat (currently in hrbrid) and need at least 4 tuners (2 of each) to satisfy the recording needs of my house.

I've rambled that much I've forgot the original point of the post!!!!.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast