Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anxious newbie

Title
    Thanks

Anxious newbie

Good morning, I'm expecting the arrival of my Mutant HD51 4K (bought from WOS) today. Am a little anxious as I'm moving from Sky after several years. I'm interested in adding skins, bouquets, EPGs etc and am confident enough to try things myself but would be good to have some help if needed.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    http://www.world-of-satellite.com/forumdisplay.php?301
    Welcome. There are plenty of guides for you on this forum. We will endeavour to answer any questions you have. Enjoy your learning.
    Octagon SF8008 4K, VU+Duo 2..
    Edision OS MINI,

Title
    Thanks
    Great, thanks for the quick response

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Plenty of help here .......... even for Everton fans
    VU+ Solo2 HDD Harmony 650 remote
    Mutant HD51 4K
    VU+ Zero
    Edision OS MINI

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Willmoore View Post
    Plenty of help here .......... even for Everton fans
    They certainly need it at the moment
    Edision OS MINI,

Title
    Thanks
    wow luv it.. this is the first page i click on and there's someone trolling evertonians. boss lar

Title
    Thanks
    Ok, so despite the toffee ribbing I've got my Mutant 51 up and running. Its as good as I'd seen on a youtube review of it, and I agree the remote is the biggest let down in that it comes across as cheaper quality than the STB obviously is. That's a shame because the remote is what people see the most of, rather than the build quality of the box. Anyway I've got EPG sorted, Blue HD Skin sorted, Bouquets sorted, Wife able to work it sorted (ish), all much less hassle than I was anticipating. Now I just need to work out how to get KODI on there (currently running it from a raspberry pi2), any catchup TV services and any other tricks of the trade to get more from the box than just a FTA STB. Any pointers welcome.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Evert0n1an View Post
    Ok, so despite the toffee ribbing I've got my Mutant 51 up and running. Its as good as I'd seen on a youtube review of it, and I agree the remote is the biggest let down in that it comes across as cheaper quality than the STB obviously is. That's a shame because the remote is what people see the most of, rather than the build quality of the box. Anyway I've got EPG sorted, Blue HD Skin sorted, Bouquets sorted, Wife able to work it sorted (ish), all much less hassle than I was anticipating. Now I just need to work out how to get KODI on there (currently running it from a raspberry pi2), any catchup TV services and any other tricks of the trade to get more from the box than just a FTA STB. Any pointers welcome.
    Better Skins than the Blue HD imo, especially with that only being a 720p Skin. Try YouViX-Blue, Confluence or even iSkin Dark or Light, all are 1080p Skins and look way way better. Fully fledge Kodi not available on the Mut@nt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

Title
    Thanks
    Ah ok, that's the skin I'd seen most of, are the others skylike? before I start changing stuff. Best to keep using Rapberry Pi for NJM etc ?

Title
    Thanks
    Try the Skins and see what you think, you can't break anything. Sky is yuk, but if that floats your boat you might want to try the SkQ Skin. Not available in the ViX feeds but can be found on the forum. Try a search. Yeah stick to Raspberry Pi for the time being.

Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter

Title
    Thanks
    Brill tanks, I'll let you know and ask for help if I get stuck. Needless to say I think I'll be buying another box to put in the back room. So much better than off the shelf Freesat equipment.

Title
    Thanks
    If your into the Sky skins then the Frankensky skin by Fraggle is a bit more colourful than the Blue HD skin.

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...-Download-ONLY

Title
    Thanks
    And not been updated in nearly 3 years. Better Skins out there man. Give the nonSKY ones a go. lol

Title
    Thanks
    I have got picons on a usb stick and I've adjusted epg etc to show them. I just can't work out how to transfer them to the HDD or internal flash so that I can run the STB without the usb stick plugged in. Any pointers?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Use a FTp programme like Filezilla. Log onto the box using ip address(port21) username root. password leave blank.
    Just move the picon folder from USB HDD to root.
    Edision OS MINI,

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast