Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: AC3 Audio on VU+ Uno

Title
    Thanks

AC3 Audio on VU+ Uno

Hi to all I want to make a question regarding AC3 audio on some HD Channels.
    I have no Audio on this format I had connected the reciever using HDMI to my Tv and my Tv Through optical to my home cinema. I have no audio in both devices.
    Has anyone managed to have AC3 audio using this reviever? or I am doing something wrong?
    I have read that this reciever is no capable to produce AC3 audio
    Thanks in advance

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,434 Times in 1,137 Posts
    Hi,
    is your TV cacable to play AC3. Uno is capable. Caution a lot of TV sets only forward Stereo from external sources to their audio output.

ciao
    ---
    Sat:VU+ Ultimo4K/Solo4K/Duo2/2*Solo2/Ultimo
    Remote: Harmony 200, 700, Link, Smart Control, Smart Companion, Elite, 2*Ultimate, Keyboard

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Trial View Post
    Hi,
    is your TV cacable to play AC3. Uno is capable. Caution a lot of TV sets only forward Stereo from external sources to their audio output.

ciao
    I have read that AC3 is the same with Doldy Digital, if that is true my Television can play Dolby Digital and Dolby Digital+, I don't know what is going on...
    Do you own a Vu+ Uno? and you had connected Vu+ with tv with HDMI cable and you have sound in AC3 channels?

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,276 Times in 1,089 Posts

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ccs View Post
    Thanks I will try it

Title
    Thanks
    Hi,
    I had an Uno before I got my Ultimo before I got my Solo2 before I got my Duo2 before I got my Solo4K:-)

My Uno was also connected to an AVR but only directly with HDMI not with the detour through my TV.

ciao
    ---
    Remote: Harmony 200, 700, Link, Smart Control, Smart Companion, Elite, 2*Ultimate, Keyboard

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Trial View Post
    Hi,
    I had an Uno before I got my Ultimo before I got my Solo2 before I got my Duo2 before I got my Solo4K:-)

My Uno was also connected to an AVR but only directly with HDMI not with the detour through my TV.

ciao
    Please can you confirm if you had tried and If you remember when you had your Uno if you had connected the Uno with the HomeCinema using The Fiber Optic Output on Uno if you had AC3 sound?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,115 Times in 879 Posts
    Ensure you have Dolby Digital / DTS downmix set to NO in your AV menu ( Main menu /Setup /System). Certainly BBC /CH4 / ITV HD channels on satellite use AC3 encoding. Most programmes are 2.0 (stereo), but some movies and music programmes use 5.1 multichannel audio. For instance, Jools Holland on BBC2 is broadcast in 2.0 on the Tuesday live programme, but in 5.1 on the Friday extended edition. If you're on terrestrial (Freeview), then AAC is what's used for audio on the HD channels.
    GB Quad Plus, Mut@nt HD51, AX HD61, 80cm dish and Supreme Dark motor. Sony STR-DN 1060, Sony UHP-H1 Bluray, Odroid N2+ (CoreElec), Monitor Audio Bronze 5.1 speakers

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,461 Times in 6,675 Posts
    The UNO is, just as every other STB we support, perfectly capable of outputting AC3 via HDMI. If you read the output from the TV and it's not AC3, while being sure the UNO has been set to do so (and is on a servce that actually has AC3) you have to blame the TV, not the STB.
    As has been said above: many TV's don't support AC3 (as output).
    A workaround is to use an optical cable from the UNO to your amp.

Help asked via PM will be ignored.
    The forum is there for help and all will benefit from your questions.
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN, IN OPEN FORUM OR PM !

English is not my native tongue.
    I apologise for all my grammar, spelling and idiom errors.

Title
    Thanks
    Hi,
    I already wrote what I had it was HDMI directly into the AVR and AC3 was there. I cannot test any more because I gave my 3 UNO away.

Ralf
    ---

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,461 Times in 6,675 Posts
    And I confirm that UNO --> AMP (HDMI or optical) still works fine.

Help asked via PM will be ignored.
    The forum is there for help and all will benefit from your questions.
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN, IN OPEN FORUM OR PM !

English is not my native tongue.
    I apologise for all my grammar, spelling and idiom errors.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fat-tony View Post
    Ensure you have Dolby Digital / DTS downmix set to NO in your AV menu ( Main menu /Setup /System). Certainly BBC /CH4 / ITV HD channels on satellite use AC3 encoding. Most programmes are 2.0 (stereo), but some movies and music programmes use 5.1 multichannel audio. For instance, Jools Holland on BBC2 is broadcast in 2.0 on the Tuesday live programme, but in 5.1 on the Friday extended edition. If you're on terrestrial (Freeview), then AAC is what's used for audio on the HD channels.
    If I go to System - Audio - Basic settings the only options I have got are: PCM Multichannel, AC3 downmix, AAC downmix, 3D Surround and few others but no Dolby option.
    I am using OpenATV 6.1.
    Whenever I watch DD movie and press Audio button I have all Downmix settings off (COM Multichannel, AC3, AAC)
    As audio channel I have only option stereo, left right.

Due to above I cannot get DD of my VU+ Uno 4k..

I have soundbar connected to the VU+ receiver via HDMI ARC
    TV is connected directly via HDMI to the VU+ box.

Any advice on that ???

Title
    Thanks
    Hi,
    make a recording and look with PC Tool MediaInfo which audio codec is used in this recording. DD (dolby digital) does not automatically mean that you will get 5.1 as the range is from 1.0 up to 6.1.

HDMI ARC might also be a problem. Connect the STB for a test directly to the soundbar. Reason: not all TV sets send more than stereo to ARC when it comes from an external device.

ciao
    ---