Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Edision OS MINI+ Plus VS VU+ Zero

Title
    Thanks

Edision OS MINI+ Plus VS VU+ Zero

Hi planning to switch to cable can't make my mind up between these two receiver's Edision OS MINI+ PLUS & VU+ Zero (with cable usb tuner). Plan to use cable as my main tuner & satellite as second, as i watch a few FTA channels that are only on satellite. I'm a simple person just watch TV, EPG & record a little.

What i would like to know what is the fuss with VU+ receivers as they seem to be highly rated?

Which out of the two has better picture quality?

Am i right in thinking that hardware wise both receivers are on par? & how important is H.265? do I really need it?

Slightly off topic.
    Which receiver other than 4K has the best picture quality regardless if its E2 linux or not?

Do some closed source receivers have better picture quality than E2 linux receivers?

Is there any closed source receivers that have a WORKING epg?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I can't tell the difference in PQ between the two - could be my eyes though. The zero is a lot smaller and can, as i do be tucked away behind a wall mounted tv and operated via the shipped ir. It has a decent remote. The Edision is better value with onboard wifi, a screen and capable of blindscan. Remote is not so good.
    Neither box can run Kodi (Kodi Direct yes but it's useless)
    Neither box can accept an internal hdd
    You won't go wrong which ever one you choose - as long as you use Vix.
    Last edited by Willmoore; 09-11-16 at 09:13.
    VU+ Solo2 HDD Harmony 650 remote
    Mutant HD51 4K
    VU+ Zero
    Edision OS MINI

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    i have a zero and a os mini. both really good. for me the zero outshines. the remote is better, the piture quality on zero is slightly better and much better response from the zero.
    PLEASE DO NOT PM IN REGARDS TO CS TALK OR OTHER ILEGAL MATTERS. IT WILL BE REPORTED TO THE ADMINS

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    If you are going to use cable then it would make sense to get the edison with a cable tuner. A native cable tuner would always be better than a USB tuner right?

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,051 Times in 7,637 Posts
    More suggestions, Octagon range are premium Korean manufactured quality:

http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/octagon
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts

Edision OS MINI+ Plus VS VU+ Zero

Quote Originally Posted by G2EVIL View Post
    Hi planning to switch to cable can't make my mind up between these two receiver's Edision OS MINI+ PLUS & VU+ Zero (with cable usb tuner). Plan to use cable as my main tuner & satellite as second, as i watch a few FTA channels that are only on satellite. I'm a simple person just watch TV, EPG & record a little.

What i would like to know what is the fuss with VU+ receivers as they seem to be highly rated?

Which out of the two has better picture quality?

Am i right in thinking that hardware wise both receivers are on par? & how important is H.265? do I really need it?

Slightly off topic.
    Which receiver other than 4K has the best picture quality regardless if its E2 linux or not?

Do some closed source receivers have better picture quality than E2 linux receivers?

Is there any closed source receivers that have a WORKING epg?
    What is your budget? as the ones you have mentioned are low/budget entry whereas spending a bit more will get you a better receiver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

Title
    Thanks
    Hi ideally £150 max. Currently using tm nano oe which does meet my needs just no cable tuner. What do i get for my money if i spend more? Willing to up budget for picture quality. If you can give me examples of better receivers then i will have an idea. As i don't use other/advanced features thought entry level box was good enough?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I have budget boxes and a so called higher end box and don't really notice any differance in PQ - just make sure the TV is decent and set up properly. (I am sure others will disagree)
    Why pay for stuff such as transcoding, FBC, xyz, if your not going to use it.
    I have a simplistic view - if WOS sell it, it's going to be a decent box. Put Vix on it, with a good skin and your away.
    If I were you I would be asking 'whats the cheapest box that gives me x hardware (tuners,hdd etc) and can do such and such' Buy a decent remote such as a Harmony with the money you saved and then click the thanks button below
    VU+ Solo2 HDD Harmony 650 remote
    Mutant HD51 4K
    VU+ Zero
    Edision OS MINI

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Willmoore For This Useful Post:

G2EVIL (10-11-16)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Willmoore View Post
    I have budget boxes and a so called higher end box and don't really notice any differance in PQ - just make sure the TV is decent and set up properly. (I am sure others will disagree)
    Why pay for stuff such as transcoding, FBC, xyz, if your not going to use it.
    I have a simplistic view - if WOS sell it, it's going to be a decent box. Put Vix on it, with a good skin and your away.
    If I were you I would be asking 'whats the cheapest box that gives me x hardware (tuners,hdd etc) and can do such and such' Buy a decent remote such as a Harmony with the money you saved and then click the thanks button below
    Your talking my language M8!

Hi whats the cheapest box from WOS that gives me best hardware for my £ & if anyone can give me link/tutorial to harmony remote control as that is a whole new world to me lol

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Looked at Xtrend 8500?

Title
    Thanks
    Ive got a vu solo 2 on sat & edision os mini on cable both running on the same lg 1080p tv & with same latest vix image,I've found the vu does do a better sd picture quality, however the hd version on the edision is very good too

Title
    Thanks
    Hi made my mind up going for edison mini plus. Just need to know I can run cable as my main tuner & sat as second tuner?

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,051 Times in 7,637 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by G2EVIL View Post
    Hi made my mind up going for edison mini plus. Just need to know I can run cable as my main tuner & sat as second tuner?
    Unless you specifically need H.265 you be better with the Combo model http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/...-t-t2-dvb-s-s2 Combo has TWO tuners, 1x DVB-S/2 + 1x DVB-C/T2.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,947 Times in 3,269 Posts
    Os Mini Plus is by far a much higher spec receiver than Vu+ Zero. It has capability for cable, terrestrial, wifi and H.265 built in, while the Zero does not.

The combo doesn't have H.265 but does have the flexibility of the extra tuner. But still doesnt have the full flexibility of a true multituner box where you can watch one cable channel while recording another cable channel.
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicilian View Post
    Unless you specifically need H.265 you be better with the Combo model http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/...-t-t2-dvb-s-s2 Combo has TWO tuners, 1x DVB-S/2 + 1x DVB-C/T2.
    Is mini plus not a true twin tuner? Whats the difference or how is combo better? as i really like the updated display on mini plus

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast