Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Satellite cable splitter not working

Title
    Thanks

Satellite cable splitter not working

I have two Enigma 2 boxes. Both only have one tuner. I have tried a satellite cable splitter to split the signal from the dish but both boxes (only using 1 box at a time) show no signal. so the splitter is not working.
    Is there a way around this without getting a second LNB feed from my dish?

Please help.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,888 Times in 2,243 Posts
    If yóu want both receivers to fully operate at the same time then you need a 2nd feed.
    If you only use one receiver at a time, then you could use a client server arrangement where you only connect the main box to the dish and use fallback tuner on the 2nd which needs an internet connection to work.

But really the only answer is 2 feeds, splitters with sat don,t work and normally I would expect your main receiver to have 2 feeds in to 2tuners so that you can watch and record at the same time.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> DUR-Line DCR 5-1-8-L4 Multiswitch to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Spaun SUS 5581/33 NFA Multiswitch to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using Legacy ports on multiswitches
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    If there's a bright centre to the universe, I'm from the planet that is farthest from.
    Thanks
    Replace the lnb for a unicable/scr type.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,461 Times in 6,675 Posts
    Unicable is indeed a good solution, especially if you only look at one satellite. Even the cheapest one will provide a signal to 4 tuners, independent of each other, using only one cable to the house.
    When using more then one satellite this has its limitations and price.
    Otherwise a loop-through from the main box to the second box will do. Or even more safe: don't use the tuner of the second box at all, but use the tuner of the main box (fallback-tuner).

Help asked via PM will be ignored.
    The forum is there for help and all will benefit from your questions.
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN, IN OPEN FORUM OR PM !

English is not my native tongue.
    I apologise for all my grammar, spelling and idiom errors.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    i recently had same issue, but with 4 feeds. all I did was swop over the feeds and this worked for me.
    PLEASE DO NOT PM IN REGARDS TO CS TALK OR OTHER ILEGAL MATTERS. IT WILL BE REPORTED TO THE ADMINS