Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Mount set ups ?? (Help)

Title
    Thanks

Mount set ups ?? (Help)

Hi guys, I'm still a newbie to all this so I'm apologising in advance for any stupid questions to follow.
    Quick explanation as to what I'm trying to achieve as follows.....

I have 2 Xtrend 8000 box's all set up and working with latest vix image loaded etc and both connected via Ethernet to router...
    What I am trying to do, is get access from one box to the other to be able to watch recorded programmes on the HDD..
    I have created the mounts using the network mount manger on both box's and set up NFS driver, but not sure if this is the correct procedure at all..

Any help on this would be much appreciated...thanks

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dab100 View Post
    Hi guys, I'm still a newbie to all this so I'm apologising in advance for any stupid questions to follow.

I have 2 Xtrend 8000 box's all set up and working with latest vix image loaded etc and both connected via Ethernet to router...
    What I am trying to do, is get access from one box to the other to be able to watch recorded programmes on the HDD..
    I have created the mounts using the network mount manger on both box's and set up NFS driver, but not sure if this is the correct procedure at all..

That is right procedure, but what you share from the box with nfs depends of what you have in /etc/exports file.

Title
    Thanks
    Hi, thanks for reply,
    Do you mean that I have to save recordings to a different file on the box??
    ie not save them to the media/hdd but create a new folder for export files...sorry I'm a bit lost on this...

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Hi, thanks for reply,
    ie not save them to the media/hdd but create a new folder for export files...sorry I'm a bit lost on this...
    I only like to share /hdd/movie directory, and that`s why I have this line in /etc/exports file: /media/hdd/movie/ 192.168.0.0/255.255.0.0(rw,sync,no_subtree_check,no_root_squas h)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Hi, thanks for reply,
    you can view your recoding from one box to another, direct from the movie folder on HDD

go to nfs setup, one the main box and maje sure that is active (green) and then do same on the other box. and restart both boxes. then go into mount setup, network browser and search (only do this on the box you want to view recording from. it will now seach your network, once your main box ip address pops up, click on it. go the the second box HDD and mount it, it will ask you for user/pass word, ignore this and mount it. once done and from the second box click on button to access recording. press yellow button, go to HDD of first box (where recoding are), scroll to movies and click it.

this works a treat for me
    PLEASE DO NOT PM IN REGARDS TO CS TALK OR OTHER ILEGAL MATTERS. IT WILL BE REPORTED TO THE ADMINS

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

hi dab,in network/mounts setup/mount manager/mount points manager can you see the other receiver tickedgrab.jpg

Title
    Thanks
    Hi goosegog,
    This is what I can see on both boxesimage.jpgimage.jpg
    Yes they are ticked, but when I try to access it does nothing?
    Am I just being dumb here
    Thanks

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,276 Times in 1,089 Posts
    I found that starting again from scratch helps when nothing obvious is wrong.
    Delete all the mounts you've setup, reboot, and try again.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks for replies guys, will try deleting and start again..I think I'm nearly there just missing something obvious cheers Dave

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    When you go to your recordings/locations. Do you see it there?
    Octagon SF8008 4K, VU+Duo 2..
    Edision OS MINI,

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    The recordings folder on one box doesn't automatically have a link to the other mounted box, you need to go into locations and access from that path or change to file browser and browse to the mounted drives movie file, then add a bookmark.
    VU+ Ultimo 4K 3TB, 1x Twin DVBS-2 FBC / 1x DVB-C FBC/ 1x Twin DVB-T2.
    VU+ Solo4k 2TB, 2xFBC-S2, 2xC/T2, 1x Sundtek .
    1m Motorised Single LNB Dish, 60cm Fixed Octo LNB Dish.
    Samsung 65HU8500 with SEK-3500, Denon AVR-X2200W 5.1.2.
    Oppo UDP-203
    Panasonic 55VT50.
    Zidoo X9S
    Amazon Fire TV 4k & Amazon Fire TV (SPMC sideloaded).

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Probably good advice to start again,not sure what the media folder you have in mounts,i share between a duo and a solo.in duo mounts it has solo and in solo mounts it has duo.after having loads of issues of loosing the mounts last few months have been flawless

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashley69 View Post
    When you go to your recordings/locations. Do you see it there?
    This is a good point too,it caught me out first time not pressing yellow in media file to change location

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk