Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Technomate motor setup with VU+ solo 2.

Title
    Thanks

Technomate motor setup with VU+ solo 2.

Hi all.
    I have plugged away at trying to get my setup complete. Ive searched the net and tutorials on here for how to setup the motor either by usuals or diseqc and for the life of me im drawing blanks.
    My hardware:
    VU+ solo 2
    Technomate tm2600 motor (2nd hand but as new condition)
    60cm dish from a friend 2nd hand fitted with a octo lnb. With a twin coax lead fitted one to the motor and then from motor to lnb port 1 and then one cable straight to through from reciever to lnb port 2

Current situation:
    Dish and motor installed and cabling to sat box.
    Hard stops have been setup on the motor which is fitted to a plumb level pole. Motor bracket angle set to my latitude at 53 and dish declanation angle set at 22.4 as per instuction manual of motor. Dish has been roughly pointed to true south with the motor factory reset on 0 for this. (All above are obviously preliminary values)

I have vix installed and have tried different way of setting the tuner up in advanced and position to get things working to drive the motor. Once i set the tuner the motor does light up and i can manually drive it by the button east and west. But i cant get the motor to gotox via the positioner setup menu. It just stays illuminated on the disb and doesnt move.
    My aim was to drive it to 0.8 thor and get up there with my sat meter to fine tune but the motor wont goto x via tbe reciever. Can any one help me out please..
    Cheers jon.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    You have probably got wires mixed up. You do not even need the advanced option.

Tuner with wire to motor then LNB
    Configure as simple, positioner, input co-ordinates. ensure east/west are correct

Tuner with wire direct to LNB
    Configure as "second cable of motorised LNB"

Load a channel list like Vhannibals. You wont have to scan, you can just pick a channel.

Title
    Thanks
    Hi
    Thank you for the reply.
    I was pretty sure i had the cables the correct wya but will definitely check. As this does make sense.
    Excuse my ignorance but what is the benefits of loading a channel list and is vhannibals the best one. S
    Does it cover one satellite or a number of satellites?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    Some people start off with no channel list. They move the dish until the bleeper gets some signal and scan and hope they get the right satellite.

If you have a channel list pre-loaded, you can select a channel. This causes dish to move. You can tweak the dish assembly and hopefully get a picture on the screen. Then do the same other satellites. You can select channels and check signal levels even if you cannot decrypt them.

Title
    Thanks
    Thank you for the reply. I now understand the benefits of this. I will take a look at Vhannible and go from there.
    Hoping to get some time on this over the weekend. Thank you.

Title
    Thanks
    Hi Abu,
    I did check the cables and they were correct way around. but after a couple of resets and using the wizard to setup i can now drive to x from the receiver.
    I cant explain what the problem was it just didnt like something..