Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: best reciever aound £200

Title
    Thanks

best reciever aound £200

Hi, looking for some advice , my old tm5402 has finally died , looking for a new receiver around £200 , Mutant 51HD , ET7500 ( do not like the front display 8500)
    Miraclebox Premium Twin+ , VU+ Solo 2 Twin Tuner, any advice welcome.

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,044 Times in 7,633 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Avalon View Post
    If it's the former then buy a mips based box like the ET7500 (reports of driver issues on several ETxxx boxes and a lack of effort from xtrend to do anything about it), if you need an internal HD or the HD1500/OS mini if you don't. Solo2 is over priced now, I own one, but i'd not buy another now. If it's the latter the HD51 is the future, it works well by all accounts, but it's new, and new = bugs.
    I think sometimes you waffle on too much about things you know nothing about. What contact do you have with Xtrend to make a statement like that? Do you actually have a HD51 to call it 'the future'? Have you actually compared side by side the ET7500 and HD1500/OSMini?

Back to the OP's original question. The TM5402 is a great generic closed source receiver. Note that Enigma 2 is totally different and requires a little more work setting up the receiver. Take a look round www.openvix.co.uk so you can see what to expect.

These would be my recommendations, depends on budget and what you want to spend:

TM-Nano-SE M2 Plus twin sat model, don't let the low price fool you, excellent little compact receiver
    http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/...twin-satellite

Xtrend ET7500
    http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/...category_id=63

Xtrend ET8500, looks nice in the flesh, actually nice and compact
    http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/..._category=true

Mutant HD51 (pre-order)
    http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/mut@nt-mutant-hd51

VU+ Solo2, bit over your budget but one of the most solid/stable receivers on the market
    http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/...llite-Receiver

All the above have internal HDD facility, if your considering that sort of budget I'd recommend internal HDD.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Follow us on Twitter 0penViX
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

3. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sicilian For This Useful Post:

Andy_Hazza (20-10-16),Bangord30 (20-10-16),ccs (20-10-16),tfal (20-10-16),twol (20-10-16)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Well i have experience of the Xtrend Et8000 and the solo2, and if you are sure you only need a twin sat tuner, i would stretch to the solo2 everyday of the week.
    Nothing against the xtrend, if you are coming from a sly box you will find it miles faster and responsive, but of all the receivers i have had the solo2 is the fastest and most reliable.
    VU+ Ultimo 4K 3TB, 1x Twin DVBS-2 FBC / 1x DVB-C FBC/ 1x Twin DVB-T2.
    VU+ Solo4k 2TB, 2xFBC-S2, 2xC/T2, 1x Sundtek .
    1m Motorised Single LNB Dish, 60cm Fixed Octo LNB Dish.
    Samsung 65HU8500 with SEK-3500, Denon AVR-X2200W 5.1.2.
    Oppo UDP-203
    Panasonic 55VT50.
    Zidoo X9S
    Amazon Fire TV 4k & Amazon Fire TV (SPMC sideloaded).

5. The Following User Says Thank You to DaMacFunkin For This Useful Post:

tfal (20-10-16)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Got to agree it's the Solo 2 for me. Had mine around 4 months now and after having the original Duo previously it's like going from black and white to colour!

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    +1 for the Vu+ Solo2 from me too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I have owned my solo2 for around 3 years now and I still love it, super box.
    Vu solo 2, vu solo se V2, technomate tm nano 2T OE.
    97cm technomate dish fixed 28.2E octo lnb, 13E twin lnb and 19.2E twin lnb.
    Logitech harmony 350.

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,044 Times in 7,633 Posts

best reciever aound £200

You only think sometimes? You're right though, I can be guilty of waffling, it's served me well enough over the years.
    Yes yet again.....

On paper it's hardware spec is significantly better than any mips E2 receiver presently on the market and it has options coming that are simply not available on any mips receiver,
    More waffle lol!

Seriously? Are you trying to suggest that the HD51 is higher spec to the Solo4K? What features exactly does it have what other mips receivers dont have? Don't get me wrong, the HD51 is a great receiver, but remember its a budget 4K receiver.

(obviously E2 isn't really ARM friendly at this stage). 3+ times the CPU power of anything E2 mips based, 2-4x the RAM of any mips based hardware mentioned and 4-8x more flash.
    Not correct.

It's (allegedly) due a FBC upgrade path, are any of the mips based boxes due for a refresh/FBC options?
    I have direct contact with Mutant and have not been advised anything Official about that and yes but cant post details until official news is released.

It's also been suggested some notable software features are in the pipeline that would see it evenly matched with the Solo4k (as I'm sure you know - yes I smiled too).
    If you mean Kodi, their last plugin was not good.

It doesn't take a genius to see mips is destined for the entry level and middle ground at best,
    Seriously?

As to the comparison between an HD51/OS Mini/HD1500/ET7500 the unfortunate answer is no, I haven't had all 4, i've only the OS Mini and HD1500. For basic TV work they both work very well, but the performance difference between them and my Solo2 is as noticeable
    but why are you comparing to Solo2 now?

As to the Xtrend driver issues a thread is ongoing about the issue - you've even posted in it, do I really need to post a link?
    Please tell me, which E2 box does not have any bugs or issues? Do you think VU+, Mutant, Gigablue or any other manufacturer provides any better support? Would you like a list of open bugs with other manufacturers?

Anyway I think the op has the info requested

Don't get wrong, I think the HD51 is a great value for money box and at the price hard to beat.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Follow us on Twitter 0penViX
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    Thanks
    I have two Mutant HD51, because I want to have CI+ cable working with plug and play. I have them now for 1 month and no problems. Using at the moment OpenATV 5.3.
    With the new firmware(HD51 V107r19 bolt 2016/09/21) the cpu runs at 1.7 and PIP can be used(You have to change parameter boot file). You can only use Oscam and not Cccam, because of the Arm processor. Both have Cable and Satellite tuner. No problems. The Mutant HD51 is very fast and booting is also fast.

[url]http NO LINKS TO OTHER FORUM

Mod edit Stanman
    Last edited by Maxxxx; 23-10-16 at 08:26.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    @tfal, what else would you like to know?