Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NewDreamelite split once again

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts

NewDreamelite split once again

not seen this discussed here but once again it seems that a new venture by the DE aka dreamelite has gone a bit pear shaped.

this quote was taken from the front page of the cyrus settings site

The New Dream Elite, it’s sorry to inform, that part of the EDG staff wanted to leave the forum, as already declared by them, due to different point of views.
    The NDE team will continue to develope new images, which are now being compiled by new coders.
    Awaiting to publish the new images, we wish you all the best for 2011.

The New Dream Elite staff
    seriously what is it with these people. they cant seem to do any thing lately without fecking it up.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,052 Times in 7,638 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pheonix View Post
    not seen this discussed here but once again it seems that a new venture by the DE aka dreamelite has gone a bit pear shaped.

this quote was taken from the front page of the cyrus settings site

seriously what is it with these people. they cant seem to do any thing lately without fecking it up.
    They're a bit like an Eastenders episode
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicilian View Post
    They're a bit like an Eastenders episode
    tell me about it mate. but still people think the sun shines out of their *CENSORED* and that their images can do every thing short of make your breakfast for you.
    this is very perplexing to me considering they cant seem to hold their team together for more than a fortnight
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,385 Times in 2,257 Posts
    The last time i recall i remember andy saying that VIX will be doing breakfast
    PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN! IN OPEN FORUM OR PM

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ↓

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,130 Times in 2,737 Posts
    This what they are doing now like pheonix said change of direction again

this is part of there mission statement

Code:
    Black Hole team is proud to announce a new experimental project OpenBlack Hole:

1) What is OpenBlackHole project ?
    OpenBlackHole is an Open Source project based on Openembedded 1.6
    OpenblackHole project will provide to image developers an updated universal OE 1.6 git that will support all the main linux stab:
    -Vu+ Duo
    - Vu+ Solo
    - Clarke Tech Et-9000
    - dm500hd
    - dm800
    - dm800se
    - dm8000
    OpenBlackHole git will be updated every day with the latest updates of DMM Vuplus and ET9000

2) What kind of images are available in OpenBlackHole ?
    At the beginning of the project the OpenBlackHole git can compile pure cvs images with latest enigma2 versions for all these machines. If the project will have success and there will be users and coders partecipations the project will start to produce opensource images depending of code implementations and additions.
    All PM,s asking about c/s on cable will be ignored and reported to forum staff!

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    i cant quite get the idea out of my head that there out of ideas now and just copying OpenPli.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    If you start to follow them down this path will they leave users high and dry as in the past

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bassethound View Post
    If you start to follow them down this path will they leave users high and dry as in the past
    i have absolutely no doubt what so ever that this new venture will come as unstuck as every thing they have ever done under every other name they have ever had.

this team have had more re-inventions than i care to remember but oddly they still have a massive following of sheep to tag along after them.

SIMPLES.

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,791 Times in 1,951 Posts
    OK, this is confusing, I thought that angelofsky, matrix10 et al went off to do BlackHole, and one other member (dunno who that was ) stayed and for alliance with edg to do de team. Previously, blackhole was gonna do just vu+, and de just dmm. Now, de have lost even more members, and have started to be nde, and blackhole has changed from being vu+ only to an all in one shop (as said before, copying pli)...

The thing I don't understand most of all, didn't all this split come up because they said they didn't have time to dedicate to working on all the receivers, and that's what caused the split?! Now, they're supporting even more, with a project that's gonna be much bigger...

Who knows
    Rules can be found HERE
    Support our sponsor, World-Of-Satellite HERE
    Follow us on Twitter HERE
    -----
    Vu+ Ultimo (ViX Beta), Vu+ Solo (ViX Beta), CT ET9000 (ViX Beta)
    Dark Motor Superior with Inverto Ultra Black Twin LNB
    85cm Gibertini Aluminium Dish

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    at this point in time i dont think they ( any of them ) know what the hell there doing. i know this though i would not trust any of their images on any box i own. they cant even make their minds up what their doing so god knows what the end result of any image they release will be.

SIMPLES.

Title
    V.I.P Member
    Thanks
    To clear this up as there is some confusion.

I will start at the beginning.
    Dream Elite team and original creators of Black Hole Images set up a partnership with DMM which after a very short time goes pair shape, Black Hole Team leave Dream Elite which leaves just one member of the original team Ferrari who is in the hands of DMM.

Black Hole Team stop support of Dreambox images and then set up a board in partnership with Vuplus.

Black Hole Team now have no association with DMM Elite or Dream Elite.

DMM Elite now start a new partnership with another Italian team EDG - Nemesis who we already know have been making dreambox images from the very beginning.
    After the release of just one image EDG also find they can not work under the constraints of DMM so this leave DMM Elite board again without a coder or identify.

Black Hole Images have and always will be the creation of meo, who as we know brought is him images originally under the banner of Nabilo.

The new project of openblackhole is meo's way of opening up his work to the whole community and this project is nothing to do with Nabilo, Dream Elite, DMM - Elite or Vuplus Community.

Hopefully that makes things a little clearer

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Donnie For This Useful Post:

tomthebomb1968 (09-01-11)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    perhaps a totally new name would stop confusion

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    i already know the history behind this sad story and my opinions have still not changed.

perhaps a totally new name would stop confusion
    indeed.

SIMPLES.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

bassethound (09-01-11)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I think the only way forward is a new name a new ethos and stop living on past success

people just want new images/improvements

17. The Following User Says Thank You to bassethound For This Useful Post:

Larry-G (09-01-11)

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I think the only way forward is a new name a new ethos and stop living on past success

people just want new images/improvements
    thats probably the best way to go. just up sticks and move on.

SIMPLES.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast