Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Enigma2 Webif / browser problem.

Title
    Thanks

Question Enigma2 Webif / browser problem.

Hi, I have a strange problem that I can't seem to sort out myself. One one PC using IE or chrome the Webif interface doesn't show the list of boutiques. On other PCs and phone and tablet it works fine. Obviously I don't believe the problem is with my enigma 2 receiver, but with the pc.

It's running Win7 pro 64 bit and the latest Java and all updates applied. Any ideas on where I should look, as I am no PCs expert.

Thanks.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,434 Times in 1,137 Posts
    Hi,
    clear cache of the browser and reload page.

ciao
    ---
    Sat:VU+ Ultimo4K/Solo4K/Duo2/2*Solo2/Ultimo
    Remote: Harmony 200, 700, Link, Smart Control, Smart Companion, Elite, 2*Ultimate, Keyboard

Title
    Thanks
    Hi,

I've tried that in both IE and Chrome, cleared all history / cache / cookies etc, and still have the same problem. Any other ideas I can try ?

Interestingly, I've got two sat boxes and have the same problem with Chrome and IE on both of them. Firefox works fine, as does Chrome & IE on other PC's. This one really has me stumped..

Sorry for the delay in responding to your suggestions, I've been on double shifts this week.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,656 Times in 1,305 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by abc4422 View Post
    Interestingly, I've got two sat boxes and have the same problem with Chrome and IE on both of them. Firefox works fine, as does Chrome & IE on other PC's. This one really has me stumped..
    Any chance you could take a snapshot of the IE window and post it here, so we can see what is showing up?
    MiracleBox Prem Twin HD - 2@DVB-T2 + Xtrend et8000 - 5(incl. 2 different USBs)@DVB-T2[terrestrial - UK Freeview HD, Sandy Heath] - LAN/USB-stick/HDD

Title
    Thanks
    sometimes here also problems with webif in IE or Chrome.On an XP machine.Always use firefox.Never problems.Do not bother to explain.It's microsoft
    VU+ DUO2 quad tuner with HDD 1 TB + Latest Openvix and VU+ DUO2 FB tuner + Octagon SF8008 FB tuner
    Triax 88 cm rotor single LNB 30 E- 40 W
    1 Gibertini 1.00 m fixed - 3 quad LNB 19E-23.5E-28.2E

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bellejt View Post
    .Do not bother to explain.It's microsoft
    You're blaming Microsoft for issues in Chrome?
    MiracleBox Prem Twin HD - 2@DVB-T2 + Xtrend et8000 - 5(incl. 2 different USBs)@DVB-T2[terrestrial - UK Freeview HD, Sandy Heath] - LAN/USB-stick/HDD

Title
    Thanks
    Hi,

Screenshot is attached. Chrome is on the left, Firefox on the right. Both windows are on the same Sat receiver, and I've clicked on the television link under main in both windows. The Firefox session shows the the channels and can see the sat box is playing something. In Chrome nothing shows up. IE acts the same as chrome, showing nothing.

webif = Chrome on the left Firefox on right
    webif2 = IE on the left Firefox on right

Any help appreciated. Thanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by abc4422; 22-10-16 at 10:44.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,276 Times in 1,089 Posts
    webif2 is showing connections to 2 different ip addresses.

Title
    Thanks
    Sorry - Well spotted. thats the other Sat receiver. Its definitely a client problem as I get the same results on both boxes from this PC, where other PC's work fine.

The attached image is IE on the left and firefox on the right, both to the same sat receiver 192.168.1.140.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Title
    Thanks
    Try appending ajax/current to the IP address in the URL bar and see what you get.

Title
    Thanks
    If I add the ajax/current to the address, I do get the information about the current channel.

I don't understand what it is going on with this PC that is stopping all the webif front end not to work in IE or Chrome, but work fine in both browsers on other PC's etc.

Do I need a plugin installed or something similar ?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    Openwebif has been under quite a bit of development recently. What image are you using? "Latest" is not a valid answer.

Title
    Thanks
    Hi,

Looking at the webif using Firefox provides me with this information:-

System OE: OE-Alliance 3.4
    Distro: openvix
    Firmware version: 4.1.016
    Driver date: 20160624
    Kernel version: 4.4.8
    Gui version: 2016-06-30

I hate to give up on finding a solution, as to why it doesn't work on this win7pro 64 bit PC in Chrome or IE, but does work in Firefox, but works on another win7 pro 64 bit PC using all 3 browsers. Coming to the conclusion life is too short.

I'll keep trying things though if anyone has any ideas.

Thanks.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abc4422 View Post
    If I add the ajax/current to the address, I do get the information about the current channel.
    Well, that's something.

Do I need a plugin installed or something similar ?
    No - but you do need to have JavaScript enabled. If you don't you'll get what you see (as I've just discovered thanks to having had to change all of my local DNS setup, and hence not having it enabled for my box - NoScript was disabling it.).