Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Overscan Issues On Samsung Smart TV?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    Set 16:9 to be Letterbox and 4:3 to be Pillarbox. I always set mode to 1080i and refresh mode to Multi.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Andy_Hazza For This Useful Post:

champs4life (09-10-16)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Sorry I missed what has been covered in the list few pages. I know this is stating the obvious, but have you played with the picture size (p.size) button on the remote towards the bottom of the remote (on mine).
    Vix image (usually latest) - VU Solo 4K- WD 1TB INTERNAL HDD - DVB-T Freeview, trialling IPTV options

If my response has helped you, don't forget to hit the thanks button below. I appreciate you appreciate me

4. The Following User Says Thank You to duoduo For This Useful Post:

champs4life (09-10-16)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,276 Times in 1,089 Posts
    This might work to factory reset the tv .....

Code:
    1. With the TV on, press and hold EXIT on the TV remote for 10 seconds.

2. The Factory Reset screen appears displaying a warning message. 
    Understand that all your settings revert to factory settings if you run the Factory Reset function.

Note: When the Factory Reset screen appears, Cancel is initially highlighted. 
    If you want to cancel the Factory Reset function, press ENTER now. Otherwise, go to Step 3.

3. Press the ◀ to highlight OK, and then press ENTER.

After the TV completes the Factory Reset, it powers itself off. 
    When you power the TV on for the first time after the Factory Reset, the Plug & Play screen appears just as if you had turned the TV on for the first time.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ccs For This Useful Post:

champs4life (09-10-16)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kryton View Post
    You may need to search through your settings to find the factory reset as it might differ from model to model.

Mines in menu / support / self diagnosis / reset.

(Same location as twol's link shows)

Which restores everything except network settings.
    Factory setting is hidden on my Samsung tv to excess it with tv off, press info,menu,mute, then power.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Hazza View Post
    Set 16:9 to be Letterbox and 4:3 to be Pillarbox. I always set mode to 1080i and refresh mode to Multi.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If you dont mind me asking why have both set to letterbox and pillarbox and not just scale for both? I am not sure of the differences.

I dont want a box screen picture on some channels where it doesnt stretch/cover the whole screen which has happened before.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by duoduo View Post
    Sorry I missed what has been covered in the list few pages. I know this is stating the obvious, but have you played with the picture size (p.size) button on the remote towards the bottom of the remote (on mine).
    I have done everything friend.

Everything advise here I have done. Even the obvious steps I have done.

But overscan just doesnt wont to stay off for me.

It bloody hates me that it doesnt stay off.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to champs4life For This Useful Post:

duoduo (10-10-16)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ccs View Post
    This might work to factory reset the tv .....

Code:
    1. With the TV on, press and hold EXIT on the TV remote for 10 seconds.

2. The Factory Reset screen appears displaying a warning message. 
    Understand that all your settings revert to factory settings if you run the Factory Reset function.

Note: When the Factory Reset screen appears, Cancel is initially highlighted. 
    If you want to cancel the Factory Reset function, press ENTER now. Otherwise, go to Step 3.

3. Press the ◀ to highlight OK, and then press ENTER.

After the TV completes the Factory Reset, it powers itself off. 
    When you power the TV on for the first time after the Factory Reset, the Plug & Play screen appears just as if you had turned the TV on for the first time.
    Yes I have tried this method today but unfortunealy nothing happens.

I dont understand how they can't be a factory reset option. Its not a 10 year old TV.

I am stressed all the time, but this TV/Box problems has taken its toll on me.

I cant turn overscan off at all. I cant even factory reset my TV. What an utterly crap TV I have.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    "Screen fit" is the correct scaling option on your tv as Samsung advised you. You probably have some settings messed up on the stb as well. On the satellite receiver go to Menu->Setup->System->User Interface->Position Setup and report back with the values there. They should be left as default.
    Zgemma H7S running OpenVIX 6.2, Darkmotor, Triax TD110 dish, Inverto Black Ultra dual lnb
    LG 50UM7450 4K TV, Pioneer VSX-534 Atmos AVR , Panasonic UB820 region free 4K Bluray & a PS4.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to ronand For This Useful Post:

champs4life (10-10-16)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by champs4life View Post
    If you dont mind me asking why have both set to letterbox and pillarbox and not just scale for both? I am not sure of the differences.

I dont want a box screen picture on some channels where it doesnt stretch/cover the whole screen which has happened before.
    most of the time you get a full picture but on movies you get the letterbox display with some films,stretching them does not look good.older programs still get pillarbox =star trek

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ronand View Post
    "Screen fit" is the correct scaling option on your tv as Samsung advised you. You probably have some settings messed up on the stb as well. On the satellite receiver go to Menu->Setup->System->User Interface->Position Setup and report back with the values there. They should be left as default.
    I did try to change screen position setup settings as was advised to do so as couldn't get overscan off. This done nothing. Maybe I am doing it wrong I don't know.

I did set it to drag it after by pressing yellow.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cactikid View Post
    most of the time you get a full picture but on movies you get the letterbox display with some films,stretching them does not look good.older programs still get pillarbox =star trek
    I'm still confused by this what exactly is the letterbox and pillarbox display?

So just scale just stretches the picture to cover the whole screen?

I don't like viewing content where the picture is like a box and picture doesn't cover the screen.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    have you tried it as like mine?

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Can you set the screen position settings to default and leave them there. If you set the screen setting on the tv to "screen fit" then overscan is off. What is your actual problem then??? Worrying about 4:3 and 16:9 is only confusing things - if you want to fill the stretch a 4:3 picture to fill the screen then use "just scale". This is absolutely nothing to do with overscan and should be ignored for the moment until you sort the original problem. Also make sure auto resolution is turned off (in the receiver a/v setup). Try uploading a picture of the problem as very little of what you are telling us is making sense.
    Zgemma H7S running OpenVIX 6.2, Darkmotor, Triax TD110 dish, Inverto Black Ultra dual lnb
    LG 50UM7450 4K TV, Pioneer VSX-534 Atmos AVR , Panasonic UB820 region free 4K Bluray & a PS4.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to ronand For This Useful Post:

kryton (10-10-16)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cactikid View Post
    have you tried it as like mine?
    Ye, but on some channels the picture is in a box with black border/bars around.

Picture doesnt cover the whole screen.

Dont like it like that tbh.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ronand View Post
    Can you set the screen position settings to default and leave them there. If you set the screen setting on the tv to "screen fit" then overscan is off. What is your actual problem then??? Worrying about 4:3 and 16:9 is only confusing things - if you want to fill the stretch a 4:3 picture to fill the screen then use "just scale". This is absolutely nothing to do with overscan and should be ignored for the moment until you sort the original problem. Also make sure auto resolution is turned off (in the receiver a/v setup). Try uploading a picture of the problem as very little of what you are telling us is making sense.
    I dont understand what is confusing about my problems.

I have had numerous problems which I have explained to the best of my ability what else do you want from me?

If you read what I wrote originally. Yes I can change to screen fit but overscan is only TEMPORARILY off. As if I reboot box or turn TV of it goes back to 16:9 in the screen settings thus making overscan come back on again.

the whole just scale, pillarbox, letterbox settings in regards to 4:3 and 16:9 is seperate issue and I know it hasnt got anything to do with overscan.

Problem is I CANT turn overscan off permanently. I CANT factory reset my TV.

I dont understand what I have said that doesnt make sense.

Please do not stress me out more. I have already had enough of that.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast