Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Box works fine in one location but missing channels on another but then...

Title
    Thanks

Box works fine in one location but missing channels on another but then...

I'm not sure whether this is a dish, cable, lnb, ABM problem so reaching out to superior experts on this forum.

I configured an OSMINI twin tuner box in my residence as single tuner by just using Tuner A and disabling tuner B. ABM and EPG all successfully setup and working fine from Tuner A.

I then took it to a friends, plugged in and booted up expecting the box to be fully working correctly.
    I was presented with some channels that worked but majority not worked. When I went to a non-working channel I would get the error message 'Timeout for tuner lock'.
    I checked that both cable and f-connector tightly plugged in and they were. I reran ABM but was still presented with same error. Even running Crossepg produced tuner lock error.
    When I looked at channel list the channel entries that didn't work were shaded out, the active ones clearly visible.

So then I decided to run a blind scan on the box and all the 'missing' channels reappeared and were now visible.
    I thought that was the answer to my problem but then I reran ABM and had the 'timeout for tuner lock' message appear.

So I am in a position where all channels are listed but ABM not working properly.
    Does anyone know why or what is happening as I'm flummoxed. Crossepg didn't work even though I deleted the EPG so switched to Rytec as a temporary measure and that is working using Virgim EPG download.

I am puzzled by all this as I would have expected the box to work successfully from the outset.

Thanks

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    When you set your tuners as simple, single, automatic. What happens?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

danlou (28-09-16)

Title
    Thanks
    I will check shortly and let you know. Tuner B is set as not configured.

Sent from my Vodafone Smart ultra 6 using Tapatalk

Title
    Thanks
    test both please

Title
    Thanks
    Hi

Doing what you said on Tuner A and it failed. I then disabled Tuner A, turned off box, swapped cable into tuner b and run config and again failed.

What does that exactly mean as I'm confused. The channels were still appearing and signal strength 97%

thanks

Title
    Thanks
    It means you are not able to tune to the frequency that is used by ABM/CrossEPG downloader.

If you perform an ordinary scan (not use ABM), how many channels do you get?

Title
    Thanks
    How many signal wires direct from the LNB do you have?

Title
    Thanks
    Running Automatic Scan and it has picked 548 channels.
    I'm thinking it could be a poor cable or lnb problem?

just a single lnb and cable

Title
    Thanks
    You should be picking up 900+ channels. Do you have another receiver to test with?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    it does sound like dish not aligned to 28.2,curious any strange names on channels thinking if on another sat?

Title
    Thanks
    he only has an old Pace Sky box which he says is only FTA but can get another sky box to try.

I have just done a blind scan and it's picked up 975 channels. Things don't add up.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cactikid View Post
    it does sound like dish not aligned to 28.2,curious any strange names on channels thinking if on another sat?
    It's definitely 28.2 as ran a blind scan it picked up the channels. ABM is showing the sections and channel names too and all channels visible.

When i then run ABM I get 'timeout for tuner lock' message

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by danlou View Post
    he only has an old Pace Sky box which he says is only FTA but can get another sky box to try.

I have just done a blind scan and it's picked up 975 channels. Things don't add up.
    Network scan will obtain data from NIT rather than just what it can receive.

You are confusing things. First you talk about yourself, then you talk about him!

Try the Sky receiver. If it says no satellite signal is being receiver or fails on a lot of channels, it will show that there is something wrong with hardware (not the OS mini)

15. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

danlou (28-09-16)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    Network scan will obtain data from NIT rather than just what it can receive.

You are confusing things. First you talk about yourself, then you talk about him!

Try the Sky receiver. If it says no satellite signal is being receiver or fails on a lot of channels, it will show that there is something wrong with hardware (not the OS mini)

Sorry I was at friends house but then left and was advising him what to do via face time based on your suggestions.

But if If there is a tuner failed why are the channels still be picked up?

Title
    Thanks
    You are thinking it is a case of all "all or nothing". This is not the case. You get High, Low, Vertical and Horizontal planes. If one fails, then others could still work.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast