Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Routing through VPN and OpenWebIF Issue

Title
    Thanks

Routing through VPN and OpenWebIF Issue

I need some help in some form config issue with OpenVPN and OpenWebIF.

I have a DDWRT Router setup with OpenVPN Client to route 2 specific IP address through a VPN (2 E2 Boxes).
    When i disable OpenVPN i am able to access OpenWebIF but as soon as the VPN is enabled OpenWEBIF and FTP fails. I know this is correct as the traffic is being routed through a VPN Tunnel.
    How can i continue with the VPN but still use OpenWebIF?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Not sure what you mean about having your vpn routing through 2 boxes.
    If you set up the OpenVPN on your router using the routers own openvpn config then it protects all your devices on your network.
    I have no problems with openwebif with my openvpn turned on my router.
    Octagon SF8008 4K, VU+Duo 2..
    Edision OS MINI,

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashley69 View Post
    Not sure what you mean about having your vpn routing through 2 boxes.
    If you set up the OpenVPN on your router using the routers own openvpn config then it protects all your devices on your network.
    I have no problems with openwebif with my openvpn turned on my router.
    I got a flashed x6 with ddwrt kong firmware. I setup only 2 specific ip address to go through the vpn tun. You can do this on the router.

As soon as i enable i cant access openwebif. This is how its supposed to be but i need further info on portforwarding on a vpn tunnel

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,656 Times in 1,305 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sensui619 View Post
    How can i continue with the VPN but still use OpenWebIF?
    When you say that OpenWebIF fails - is this for access over the VPN, or all access - even local systems?
    MiracleBox Prem Twin HD - 2@DVB-T2 + Xtrend et8000 - 5(incl. 2 different USBs)@DVB-T2[terrestrial - UK Freeview HD, Sandy Heath] - LAN/USB-stick/HDD

Title
    Thanks
    Well i think i found the problem may need to do some more testing. Gotta look at my iptables as it shouldn't stop talking over lan even if the e2 boxes are going out via a vpn.

i shall report back after further testing.