Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Swapping Sky HD Channels With VM HD Channels

Title
    Thanks

Swapping Sky HD Channels With VM HD Channels

Hi everyone,

I've been looking around the forum but Im completely stuck. What I want to do is use my main sky uk bouquet but swap some of the non working hd channels from my sky bouquet with the vm hd channels. I would also like to keep the numbering the same as the sky bouquet. E.g. Sky one HD = 106 but should jump to the cable version.

I tried to create a custommix.xml file to test one channel swap but it didnt work. This is what I have so far:

<custommix>
    <inserts>
    <insert provider="cable_uk_virgin" source="9109" target="106"></insert> <!-- sky one hd -->
    </inserts>
    </custommix>

The file is named:sat_282_sky_uk_CustomMix.xml

Could someone point me in the right direction please?

Thank you
    VU+ Duo
    1TB Internal HDD [Recordings + PTS]
    8GB Kingston Micro External USB [CrossEPG + 256MB Swap + Ocrams Picons + Setting Backups + Image Backups]
    Plugins: CrossEPG Downloader + Media Scanner + OpenWebif + Picture Player + Cache Flush

Vix 3 - 808 --> Vix Zeus 23 --> Vix Helios 16 --> Vix Apollo 153 -->Vix Hades

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    The "source" is the official number of the channel, not the "number" it has in your bouquets

There was a custom mix file from dsayers

3. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

avi68 (28-08-16)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    you could have a look here https://github.com/davesayers2014/Au..._CustomMix.xml

what you want is the target number first then the source number the scource number needs to be the official channel number ie sky 1 vm is 109 so it would be

<insert target="106" source="109" provider="cable_uk_virgin" ></insert> <!-- sky one hd -->

5. The Following User Says Thank You to dsayers For This Useful Post:

avi68 (28-08-16)

Title
    Thanks
    Thank you guys sooooo much. It worked straight away
    VU+ Duo
    8GB Kingston Micro External USB [CrossEPG + 256MB Swap + Ocrams Picons + Setting Backups + Image Backups]
    Plugins: CrossEPG Downloader + Media Scanner + OpenWebif + Picture Player + Cache Flush

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    I also have a plugin here http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...-plugin-(BETA) that downloads my latest custommix.xml

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dsayers For This Useful Post:

avi68 (29-08-16),D4ngrm0us (05-09-16)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dsayers View Post
    I also have a plugin here http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...-plugin-(BETA) that downloads my latest custommix.xml
    Is it still in beta?
    VU+ Duo

Title
    Thanks
    If the channel numbers change would this require me to change the xml manually?
    VU+ Duo

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Pretty much but still works I use it on my box

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
    Using a Vu+Uno4k using a sundtek DVB-S/S2 USB tuner with vix 6.4 developer image

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by avi68 View Post
    If the channel numbers change would this require me to change the xml manually?
    No I'll keep on top of them if you notice a change reboot box and rescan abm if it doesn't change I might have missed it just give me a shout in that thread

13. The Following User Says Thank You to dsayers For This Useful Post:

avi68 (02-09-16)

Title
    Thanks
    Perfect thanks for your help
    VU+ Duo