Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: New remote

Title
    Thanks

New remote

Hi just purchased a new remote from wos for et9500 its universal just wondering is it possible to connect it to the tv to change volume and that or will i still need 2 remotes?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tmc007 View Post
    Hi just purchased a new remote from wos for et9500 its universal just wondering is it possible to connect it to the tv to change volume and that or will i still need 2 remotes?
    It's the same remote for my ET10k. The answer is one remote can do both.

The remote has a STB (Set Top Box aka ET9500) and a TV button. Assuming that you have set up the code for the TV, press the TV button first and the up/down volume button controls the TV volume. Press the STB button first and the up/down volume buttons controls the STB

The remote remembers the last press of the TV or STB button and the relevant button lights up to show if the STB or TV is being controlled. Just remember if you don't get any response from the STB after pressing a button on the remote you have probably left the remote in the TV mode
    Last edited by adm; 27-08-16 at 10:54.
    Xtrend ET10K, 2 x satellite tuners 28.2 (Sky FTA), 2 x hybrid (UK Freeview), Zgemma H9S (satellite)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to adm For This Useful Post: