Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tuner Problem

Title
    Thanks

Tuner Problem

For some days now one of my tuners has always been permanently occupied as if I was recording when actually I haven't engaged it. I have 3 tuners (A gets its feed from a motorised dish and set to positioner usals, B and C get their feeds from a multi lnb set up). I have been using this for about 3 years without issues until about 2 weeks ago when I noticed this. Previously I could record from 2 channels of 2 different satellites and watch another from a 3rd satellite but now I can only record one and watch another.
    I have tried re-flashing with 5 different images and the problem still persists. I have also tried swapping the feeds it still didn't change anything.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,277 Times in 1,089 Posts
    If your router is open or port forwarding to the box then it sounds like someone is accessing it from the internet.
    Last edited by ccs; 25-08-16 at 12:12.

Title
    Thanks
    Its open to port forwarding but I have a password on the box and enabled authentication for http and streaming.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    ... that won't stop unauthorised access.

Easiest test is to unplug the VU from the router, or disable wireless if that's what you're using.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    If you're familiar with telnet, the command 'netstat -a' will show you which connections are established into and out of the box.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ccs For This Useful Post:

Alan Pee (25-08-16),Bangord30 (25-08-16)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks I will carry these tests when I get home.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,461 Times in 6,675 Posts
    Or on the GUI of the STB: info --> streaming clients

Help asked via PM will be ignored.
    The forum is there for help and all will benefit from your questions.
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN, IN OPEN FORUM OR PM !

English is not my native tongue.
    I apologise for all my grammar, spelling and idiom errors.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rob van der Does For This Useful Post:

Alan Pee (25-08-16),Bangord30 (25-08-16),ccs (25-08-16)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    Your receiver may be wide open to anyone on the internet.

See this post:
    http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...l=1#post413803

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

Alan Pee (25-08-16),Bangord30 (25-08-16)

Title
    Thanks
    I disconnected the box from the internet and everything was fine. Reconnected and the issue came back. Ran the netsat command and found foreign connections. Checked steaming clients on the box GUI and found an address streaming Sony Max. This means that someone has be streaming from my box all this time. Scary stuff. How do I block this? I am a network novice. Help plse.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Alan Pee For This Useful Post:

Bangord30 (25-08-16)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,461 Times in 6,675 Posts
    Simple: stop the portforwarding in your router.
    This advise has been repeated dozens of times.

Help asked via PM will be ignored.
    The forum is there for help and all will benefit from your questions.
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN, IN OPEN FORUM OR PM !

English is not my native tongue.
    I apologise for all my grammar, spelling and idiom errors.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Rob van der Does For This Useful Post:

Alan Pee (25-08-16)

Title
    Thanks
    But if I stop the port forwarding it means I can't do remote streaming myself. isn't it?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Pee View Post
    But if I stop the port forwarding it means I can't do remote streaming myself. isn't it?
    I would personally take the advice the other guys on this thread have been suggesting

I was a victim of someone hacking into my box not too long ago because of port forwarding

Enigma2 wasn't built with security in mind and still isn't

I'm not whizz and I am not sure how people manage to do it, but port forwarding any ports from your router to your box and leaving it wide open on the internet leaves it available for software/skilled people who regularly look for these boxes over the air, password protected or not they can get in

I have now took a different approach with mine - I have set up an account at dyndns - check them out - google dyndns and try it - its not free but they do give you a trial

You could also look at the possibility of VPN - there are plenty of tutorials on this forum about setting it up

Opening any port on your router is a no no, trust me! i had to reflash because someone was stealing my box info/files
    - Vu+ Duo 2 1 x DVB-S/S2 Twin Tuner, 1 x DVB-C/T/2 Twin Hybrid Tuner, 1TB Internal HDD; Vu+ Official Qwerty remote, w/ OpenVix 4.2 & Slyk1HD V5.1 Skin by kiddac
    - Technomate 97cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Octo 8 way LNB
    - Android 5.0.1 Lollipop Smart TV Box w/ Kodi v16.1 Jarvis custom flashed for EXMP fully loaded

FULL Picon Sets for LCD Screens and GUI - SNP includes 28.2e Satellite, Virmin Cable, 13, 23 & 19 Sat & IPTV {click here}

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to grantdavey91 For This Useful Post:

Alan Pee (25-08-16),Bangord30 (26-08-16)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by grantdavey91 View Post
    I would personally take the advice the other guys on this thread have been suggesting

I was a victim of someone hacking into my box not too long ago because of port forwarding

Enigma2 wasn't built with security in mind and still isn't

I'm not whizz and I am not sure how people manage to do it, but port forwarding any ports from your router to your box and leaving it wide open on the internet leaves it available for software/skilled people who regularly look for these boxes over the air, password protected or not they can get in

I have now took a different approach with mine - I have set up an account at dyndns - check them out - google dyndns and try it - its not free but they do give you a trial

You could also look at the possibility of VPN - there are plenty of tutorials on this forum about setting it up

Opening any port on your router is a no no, trust me! i had to reflash because someone was stealing my box info/files
    I have a dyndns account and address that I use outside my home network but can I still connect with that to my box outside my network without port forwarding?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Don't think so you would need a vpn setup on the router.
    VU+ Ultimo 4K 3TB, 1x Twin DVBS-2 FBC / 1x DVB-C FBC/ 1x Twin DVB-T2.
    VU+ Solo4k 2TB, 2xFBC-S2, 2xC/T2, 1x Sundtek .
    1m Motorised Single LNB Dish, 60cm Fixed Octo LNB Dish.
    Samsung 65HU8500 with SEK-3500, Denon AVR-X2200W 5.1.2.
    Oppo UDP-203
    Panasonic 55VT50.
    Zidoo X9S
    Amazon Fire TV 4k & Amazon Fire TV (SPMC sideloaded).

21. The Following User Says Thank You to DaMacFunkin For This Useful Post:

Alan Pee (25-08-16)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Pee View Post
    I have a dyndns account and address that I use outside my home network but can I still connect with that to my box outside my network without port forwarding?
    As far as I am aware it shouldn't be a problem, on your dyn account just create new url and set up with your box settings; dyn opens ports but as far as I know they are all protected/encrypted
    - Vu+ Duo 2 1 x DVB-S/S2 Twin Tuner, 1 x DVB-C/T/2 Twin Hybrid Tuner, 1TB Internal HDD; Vu+ Official Qwerty remote, w/ OpenVix 4.2 & Slyk1HD V5.1 Skin by kiddac
    - Technomate 97cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Octo 8 way LNB
    - Android 5.0.1 Lollipop Smart TV Box w/ Kodi v16.1 Jarvis custom flashed for EXMP fully loaded

FULL Picon Sets for LCD Screens and GUI - SNP includes 28.2e Satellite, Virmin Cable, 13, 23 & 19 Sat & IPTV {click here}

23. The Following User Says Thank You to grantdavey91 For This Useful Post:

Alan Pee (25-08-16)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast