Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Problems with CrossEPG not downloading

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Niteowl View Post
    It's clearly a tuner issue, as I just disabled tuner "B", re-scanned with CrossEPG and it worked fine. Now I just need to get to the bottom as to why it fails to recognise it. It's clearly working ok as as soon as I re-enable it, do a new tuner scan, it finds 700+ and I can then i can then record one channel, whilst watching another
    Check your tuner priority I think it's in main settings under custom from what I remember?
    700 channels is ok. It will depend on where you are

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gear259 View Post
    Check your tuner priority I think it's in main settings under custom from what I remember?
    700 channels is ok. It will depend on where you are
    ABM/CrossEPG downloader use their own tuner logic, not E2's tuner logic.

Every single Sky installed receiver must tune to the frequency ABM/CrossEPG downloader uses.
    Almost everyone in the UK will get 900+ channels.

Title
    Thanks
    Having just managed to get the CrossEPG downloader to work, by telling tuner B to loop through to tuner A, I can confirm that it finds 915 channels Now I just have to find out why I can't record one channel, whilst watching another I'll disconnect the cables tomorrow, check and replace them. I've a feeling it's something simple (a bit like me) a setting somewhere? rather than a hardware issue.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    More likely to be LNB failure than wire damage, although still possible. You can swap port used on LNB to double check.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

Niteowl (12-09-16)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    More likely to be LNB failure than wire damage, although still possible. You can swap port used on LNB to double check.
    Or even a tree blocking line of sight...

Title
    Thanks
    Swapped my cables around this afternoon, putting feed A to B and vice versa, and changed my tuner settings to the same from "loop through to A" and it looks like it is now working A.O.K. crossEPG downloaded fine and I set one channel recording then switched channels and it switched

Many many thanks for the prompt and helpful replies, you guys ROCK

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12