Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Random glicthing on Solo SE V2

Title
    Thanks

Random glicthing on Solo SE V2

I've just bought a Solo SE V2 with twin DVB-S tuners ViX 4.1.016 and have it set-up with Blue HD skin, Cross EPG.I have an external hard drive connected using ESATA

The main problem I have since day 1 is that I see random glitching regardless of what channel I am watching. My old sky box never missed a beat in that respect which would lead me to think that dish setup is fine. On BBC for example I've checked signal strength and its saying 93% AGC 79% but I still see glitching. I see the glitches in both live and recorded video. I am beginning to think I may have a faulty box/Tuner as none of my friends with similar boxes see these glitches.

Anyone any idea of what I can check or what info I can provide to help resolve the issue?

Thanks for any help

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Avalon View Post
    Is the glitching/signal strength/AGC the same on both tuners?
    Both tuners have the same strength/AGC.
    I haven't checked which tuner I am on when I am watching TV. Does it change tuners depanding on channel or is that something that is set-up in the settings? Apologies for my ignorance but I'm new to this stuff

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Your FTA is glitching too?

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bangord30 View Post
    Your FTA is glitching too?
    I only have FTA

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Hmmm. Sounds like box if only that has changed and on FTA. Tried a reflash in case?

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bangord30 View Post
    Hmmm. Sounds like box if only that has changed and on FTA. Tried a reflash in case?
    Haven't tried anything really as I hadn't a clue what to try. The box is 2 weeks old and was flashed with OpenVIX by world of sat.
    Do you think a reflash is likely to do anything?

Title
    Thanks
    Check your cables at back of box are tight this can cause builds of static which causes the glitch

sent from meatballs way too expensive gizmo

8. The Following User Says Thank You to meatball1987 For This Useful Post:

Bangord30 (12-08-16)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by meatball1987 View Post
    Check your cables at back of box are tight this can cause builds of static which causes the glitch

sent from meatballs way too expensive gizmo
    Will try that when I get home and then over the weekend I'll reflash it to see if it helps.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    is your dish pointing at a clear sky -line of sight? trees waving in the breeze might also give issues as well as loose cables /nuts not tight on lnb.
    when you say both tuners have same strength like 96% and 80.eg on bbc1hdtuner strength.jpg

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by frankiecarbone View Post
    Will try that when I get home and then over the weekend I'll reflash it to see if it helps.
    Hi mate, i don't think is the tuner prob ,your dish maybe need alignment,if you have 4 way lnb , replace you cable to another feed ,if you have the same issue ,try the box anyone you know he have sky dish ,and see the deference ,if is the same issue, then send it back to the supplier,this the way you can check it ,cause you don't have a sat meter to check it properly,

regards Nick

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,888 Times in 2,243 Posts
    Have to say I don,t think the tuners on these receivers (which tend to be Samsung) are as good as the tuners on Sky boxes at holding a signal, so it really is worth checking alignment or connecting to somebody elses Sky dish
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> DUR-Line DCR 5-1-8-L4 Multiswitch to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Spaun SUS 5581/33 NFA Multiswitch to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using Legacy ports on multiswitches
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by twol View Post
    Have to say I don,t think the tuners on these receivers (which tend to be Samsung) are as good as the tuners on Sky boxes at holding a signal, so it really is worth checking alignment or connecting to somebody elses Sky dish
    If it was a signal/dish alignment issue surely I wouldn't have a signal strength of 93%. The dish is not obstructed by trees or anything. I never had any glitching with the Sky box ever and agree with you that the tuner must be better on those.

Unfortunately I am not able to check the box on someone elses set-up so I think if the reflash doesn't fix it I will have to return it.

Title
    Thanks
    Slightly OT but what are usually seen as the best tuners for holding on to a signal please? The LX3 I have is full of Samsung tuners and I think the other boxes I have are all Broadcom based but to be honest there hasn't been a massive difference (other than reported signal strength) when I've tried them out on the same cable.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    It will be your f-connectors/cabling/LNB that is the issue. You have a weakness somewhere, nothing to do with the receiver imo. I've seen this many of times before and it will be down to your setup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Hazza View Post
    It will be your f-connectors/cabling/LNB that is the issue. You have a weakness somewhere, nothing to do with the receiver imo. I've seen this many of times before and it will be down to your setup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I don't understand how it can be a dodgey signal issue when the signal strength is 93% AGC 79%. I've tightened everything and also didn't have any issues like this on the sky box. I've re-flashed with the latest openVix and still have the glitching. I'm contacting WOS for a replacement unit as I believe this one is faulty. If it isn't faulty then the box isn't fit for purpose but if that were the case there would be a lot more complaints on the forums about it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast