Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: no sound on vu solo2

Title
    Thanks

no sound on vu solo2

As in the title I have tried various kodi builds, ooraa,the beast and just standard jarvis 16.2 and I am getting no sound on the channels.
    Say I go to film on (which I have loaded as an add on or uktv addon) the menu works and I select say bbc1 the picture plays but no sound.It is the same with uktv.
    I suspect it must be some setting on the vu+ box but where?

i have asked this question before but to no answer.
    Anyone have any suggestions please

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,434 Times in 1,137 Posts
    Hi,
    activate AAC downmix in Enigm2 audio settings.

ciao
    ---
    Sat:VU+ Ultimo4K/Solo4K/Duo2/2*Solo2/Ultimo
    Remote: Harmony 200, 700, Link, Smart Control, Smart Companion, Elite, 2*Ultimate, Keyboard

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Trial View Post
    Hi,
    activate AAC downmix in Enigm2 audio settings.

ciao
    thanks for the quick reply but it is already set to yes,if you mean menu/setup/system/av settings
    any other ideas?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    if you go into audio and remote,did you try in there also? was box rebooted for change to take place if needed.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cactikid View Post
    if you go into audio and remote,did you try in there also? was box rebooted for change to take place if needed.
    this is using kodi, the audio button on remote doesnt work with that,and yes the box has been rebooted as the AAC downmix was set to yes moths ago
    Thanks for the suggestion any way

6. The Following User Says Thank You to paulfg For This Useful Post:

cactikid (08-08-16)

Title
    Thanks
    update
    after deleting the kodi plugin and the KODI file on my HDD I reloaded the plugin and the uktv and filmon addons and uktv appears to work now but filmon still playing the channels without sound.
    I have borrowed a kodi box from a friend and filmon is fine on that.
    Seriously thinking of buying a firestick or fire tv (or something else if recommended) as I want to get motogp but live outside the sly area without a massive dish.
    It would be better if I could get the vu working as I have it cabled around my house,or is there a way to connect a fire stick to vu and then push the signal around house?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    What is your multi refresh rate in A/V settings?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Hazza View Post
    What is your multi refresh rate in A/V settings?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Andy I cant see a MULTI refresh rate shown but refresh rate is set to 50 hz ,just seen that multi is one of the options 50hz/60hz/multi.
    should i change this I am in Greece

Title
    Thanks
    Can anyone help , an new to your forum
    I have lost sound on my HD channels and all sky movie channels.
    Everything else is ok ,
    Help please the kids are going mental lol
    Thanks

Title
    Thanks
    Hi,
    switch on downmix in audio settings.

ciao
    ---
    Remote: Harmony 200, 700, Link, Smart Control, Smart Companion, Elite, 2*Ultimate, Keyboard

Title
    Thanks
    bump
    any ideas apart from set AAC downmix to yes .this has been set to yes for months but no go.
    Or am I just wasting my time .I have spent hours loading different add ond ,deleting and reloading kodi plug in etc

Title
    Thanks
    I had the same problem and the above solution didn't work for me either. The only solution was a different firmware. This worked but
    i had to put openvix back on because its the best for enigma2. My suggestion is buy an android box and forget about kodi on e2.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,934 Times in 12,378 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Avalon View Post
    Yep, Kodi on the MIPS CPU's found in most sat receivers is painful, ARM gets a lot more love and active development. As to android most of the boxes sold have great hardware on paper, the reality is they're so inefficient and badly designed it's just horrible, that's before you look at the firmware/clone issues, they are almost designed to be disposable.

If you game on a PC and have a suitable PC then look at the Nvidia Sield, if you don't or have Prime then look at the FireTV4k*, don't buy a FireStick or an android box regardless of the spec, they're really not something i'd wish on anyone I didn't dislike. The other option is a NUC with Flirc or similar, buy once and it'll last years, is easily upgraded in future and will still have a value vs old android hardware that is destined for landfill.

* I'm aware of FireTV's OS' lineage, but the hardware design doesn't suck and the software and more importantly the driver's have undergone a level of development and optimisation that makes a noticeable difference. An FS is really not ideally suited to the job of being a Kodi player, it's low on RAM and CPU power and wifi only which in general is sub optimal.
    I have two first gen fire tv sticks and two first gen fire tv boxes and they work perfectly for kodi.

Yeah there not the latest and greatest (if you believe that tripe) and you won't get all that 4K b0llocks (most people wouldn't and couldn't tell the difference if their lives depended on it) but for the price they beat any and all of that Chinese android crap hands down. And let's be serious if your a true audiophile or your hell bent on the absolute best video quality your not going to be spending 30 quid on a fire tv stick.

I know I'd far rather use a 30 quid fire tv stick than any E2 receiver currently in circulation for kodi.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    Hi,
    the stick is not really perfect for Kodi. If you have a large collection of local media it lacks memory. The box with a flash drive is quite good though.

ciao
    ---