Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: sat and cable custom mix updater plugin (BETA)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Will this happen automatically buddy when I do a reboot?
    Vix image (usually latest) - VU Solo 4K- WD 1TB INTERNAL HDD - DVB-T Freeview, trialling IPTV options

If my response has helped you, don't forget to hit the thanks button below. I appreciate you appreciate me

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    On Monday yes I'll do the edits Sunday night

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by dsayers; 06-01-17 at 01:54.
    Using a Vu+Uno4k using a sundtek DVB-S/S2 USB tuner with vix 6.4 developer image

3. The Following User Says Thank You to dsayers For This Useful Post:

duoduo (06-01-17)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    I've updated some changes to nat geo hd channels reboot box and rescan abm

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Added itv box office hd to the swap. reboot box or if using the script run the script now press menu, setup, service searching, autobouqets marker update config files then start scan itv box office hd should be on 493 vm prime events is on 492 and vm sky events has moved to 494.

On a side note what are peoples thoughts of removing sky sports roi channels apart from sky sports 5 roi? As they seem to be taking up space

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I rarely even use roi sky sports other than to watch sky sports 5, I am happy for you to remove of it helps.

Please can I request you to make a small change, instead of the bouquet using cable for nick Jr, please can you change so it uses sky instead?
    Vix image (usually latest) - VU Solo 4K- WD 1TB INTERNAL HDD - DVB-T Freeview, trialling IPTV options

If my response has helped you, don't forget to hit the thanks button below. I appreciate you appreciate me

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Sorry I'm not sure what you mean. So you want nick jr swapping in the cable kids bouquet? Or the whole bouquet swapping

Using a Vu+Uno4k using a sundtek DVB-S/S2 USB tuner with vix 6.4 developer image

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    I may need some help with the discovery channels and eurosport when they get removed from sky but I'm still not sure about doing this as the custom.xml is mainly for swapping sky hd channels not sd versions aswell.
    Last edited by dsayers; 30-01-17 at 11:18.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dsayers View Post
    I may need some help with the discovery channels and eurosport when they get removed from sky but I'm still not sure about doing this as the custom.xml is mainly for swapping sky hd channels not sd versions aswell.
    At least Eurosport is all HD, so that won't need doing. I will be doing the other channels on my custom mix. SD works the same as HD, I already add the 2 NDTV channels that are on Cable and not Sky to 867 & 868

10. The Following User Says Thank You to lincsat For This Useful Post:

dsayers (30-01-17)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanks I meant more for adding cable sd channels as some users find it hard to distinguish between what channels are sat and what's cable and have issues with recording. My normal reply is record sd on sat in a sky bouquet and watch on the last all channels bouquet (vm). Adding cable sd channels to the swap may add more confusion for a user to identify what channel is on sat or cable while using epg.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    I know channel selection screen has service type icons it would be great if we could have similar for graphical epg

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dsayers View Post
    Sorry I'm not sure what you mean. So you want nick jr swapping in the cable kids bouquet? Or the whole bouquet swapping

Whole bouquet please buddy

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    I'm not sure why you want to but it's not something I plan to do. You can do it try it and see what you can do you will need to find every vm channel number and add it to swap with the sky versions.

Example

<insert target="615" source="715" provider="cable_uk_virgin" ></insert> <!-- nick jr hd -->

Target is the sky channel number you want to add it to and source is the vm channel number. Do that for every channel in the kids section.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I only want nick jr swapping mate, cable signal is often playing up and so my kids watch this alot. When cable not working the channel is blank, I know I can go to sky bouquet but that defeats having the custom file. I'm am sure no one else would have an issue as there both in sd

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Sorry I'm still not sure what you mean the custom.xml is used so you only need sky uk bouquets so you should be using the sky bouquets only nick jr hd has been swapped for virgin all the rest should be sky

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Nick Jnr HD is not available on vm, so when my cable isn't working it knocks out this channel because it is set to use vm nick Jnr sd.

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast