Hello Guest, if you're reading this it means you have not yet registered. Please take a second, Click here to register and in a few simple steps, you will be able to enjoy all the many features of our fine community. Please note that nicknames are prohibited lewd or meaningless (no numbers or letters at random) and introduce yourself in the section for you to meet our community.

If there's a bright centre to the universe, I'm from the planet that is farthest from.
    Thanks

Adding a network switch

I currently have a fibre wireless router in my office with a feed up to my loft, where I've fitted an 8 way network switch. Each bedroom has 2 cables going into the switch.
    Can I add another switch on 1 of the bedroom cables or can you only plug a switch into a router output?

Thanks
    yes you can.Just plugin the switch in one off the outputs.Just watch that your second switch has autosensing on input.
    VU+ DUO2 quad tuner with HDD 1 TB + Latest Openvix and VU+ DUO2 remote stream and Edision OS1 openvix apollo
    1 triax 88 cm rotor single LNB 30 E- 40 W
    1 triax 88 cm fixed - 4 quad LNB 13E-19E-23.5E-28.2E

3. The Following User Says Thank You to bellejt For This Useful Post:

TK4|2|1 (30-07-16)

ViX Beta Tester

Thanks
    Thanked 1,229 Times in 968 Posts
    Hi,
    no problem. I have one switch where my router is and from there 2 cables to other switches where my devices are. For larger distances it as also an advantage because every switch is a bit like a signal amplifier.

ciao
    ---
    Sat:VU+ Ultimo4K/Solo4K/Duo2/2*Solo2, DM7020
    Remote: Harmony 200, 700, 2*785,Link, Smart Control, Smart Companion, 2*Touch, 2*Ultimate, Keyboard

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Trial For This Useful Post:

TK4|2|1 (30-07-16)

If there's a bright centre to the universe, I'm from the planet that is farthest from.
    Thanks
    Thanks guys. Just what I thought.

V.I.P
    Donated Member

Thanks
    Thanked 22,822 Times in 12,355 Posts
    This is pretty much how my setup is. I have multiple switches in place and all work perfectly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.