Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

View Entry Info: volume problem (video)

Category:
Possible Bug
What ViX Image build number are you using?
Please provide your ViX Team image build number. Menu > Information > About > Build number > ENTER THIS NUMBER e.g. 4.2.028
Have you tried a flash WITHOUT settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO.
Yes
Have you tried a flash WITH settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO.
Yes
Attachments
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: volume problem (video)

Title
    Thanks
    ive not got this problem on my solo2 and solo4k, to be honest i use the solo4k more because that as motorize dish on it.

Title
    Thanks
    Hmm so I wonder why some et10000 users get this problem? The only plugins I've got installed are epgrefresh, youtube and kodi direct. In terms of other stuff I have cccam, mgcamd 1.38 and oscam installed but only use oscam. I also have ntfs-3G installed and that's it.

Title
    Thanks
    I have the exact same problem as you running latest vix on my ET8000 and haven't found a cure either, a reboot fixes it for a while.

Title
    Thanks
    I was getting this on my et8000 the 3.2 and 4.1 images but only on certain channels.
    Running 4.2 009 now and it appears to be ok.

Title
    Thanks
    Aren't the drivers for the 8000 and 10000 the same?

Title
    Thanks
    Something else that I've noticed is that when the problem occurs if I go into media player, select something and play it, it plays with no volume but if I then increase/decrease the volume the sound comes back. If I then stop and exit back to live tv the sound is then back and the volume control behaves normally.

Title
    Thanks
    Still having this issue and I'm convinced it's associated with media playback as it always seems to occur when I've been playing media using the media player. As I said above, when I stop and exit and the adjust the volume on a live channel I get the issue but not always. Going back in and playing the media, adjusting the volume, stopping and back to live tv and the volume comes back.

How or what can I do to debug this issue? I've tried enabling logs but that had nothing of any real interest.

Title
    Thanks
    Nobody have any ideas? Isn't there any additional logging that can be enabled to help get to the bottom of this problem?

Title
    Thanks
    Calling birdman any ideas on how I can debug this issue please. As I've said before, it seems to be associated with playing videos using the built in media player. Noticed yesterday that when I return to normal sat channels when the problem occurs if the channel has another audio channel then if I switch to that the audio comes back, also when the problem occurs recordings will also have no audio. I've kept a recording of match of the day which shows this problem in case it might help?

Title
    Thanks
    Another thing I've noticed with the recording is that when I stopped the media and went back to bbc1 there was no audio, the recording at that point also has no audio, playing around I eventually managed to get the audio back and the recording then also has audio from that point onwards. I've checked the audio tracks and the recording shows that 2 are available.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,277 Times in 1,089 Posts
    What do you mean when you say "the media player"??

Title
    Thanks
    I mean the built in player

Title
    Thanks
    Ive downloaded the recording to my pic and played it there and for the sections where I had the problem the recording also has no sound. Playing around at the time I managed to get the NAR track working and on the recording if I select the NAR track I get sound in places.

So it looks like when the audio goes off it's going off at a low enough level to affect the recording.

Title
    Thanks
    Nobody really able to help with this, I'll obviously do the leg work as I appreciate that this may be box specific but I'm looking for pointers on what I can do to gather debug info to determine if this is a hardware driver or some esoteric bug related to ViX just on this model.

Title
    Thanks
    Thought I'd upload another video, bit rough and ready as I'v tried to keep the size as small as possible.

You can see what happens when you're 3 bars from the end, so volume drops with 3 bar left to go, at 2 bars there is some feint sound and at the last bar the volume returns to normal. Just looking at the behaviour it could possibly be a software logic problem as at bars 3 the volume just drops. That video is after a restart of enigma2. I've not updated my box yet, been away for the last week so I'm still on 4.2.03.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4or8ymlhtl...sized.mp4?dl=0

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast