Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: grantdavey91 NEW JULY 2016 Picons SNP + 'MK' Style VFD + Future Channel's/Changes

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by largeportion View Post
    Please don't apologise, as you may have guessed fairly new to Linux type format and terms used and on a learning curve to with FLT. I am sure I speak for all us newbies when I say we really do appreciate the time & effort you put into this work. Just a couple of more question's if I may, in each of those folder there a file called .DS_store do I include this as well as all the contents of the 3 SNP folders.
    Thanks again
    no worries

no, just include all the picture png files / image type files.

the .ds store files i have absolutely no clue why these keep adding.

i think it may be something to do with the unarchiver i am using on my mac, everytime i compress a folder it seems to create a .ds store file.

just ignore the .ds file

all you need is the image contents.

- Vu+ Duo 2 1 x DVB-S/S2 Twin Tuner, 1 x DVB-C/T/2 Twin Hybrid Tuner, 1TB Internal HDD; Vu+ Official Qwerty remote, w/ OpenVix 4.2 & Slyk1HD V5.1 Skin by kiddac
    - Technomate 97cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Octo 8 way LNB
    - Android 5.0.1 Lollipop Smart TV Box w/ Kodi v16.1 Jarvis custom flashed for EXMP fully loaded

FULL Picon Sets for LCD Screens and GUI - SNP includes 28.2e Satellite, Virmin Cable, 13, 23 & 19 Sat & IPTV {click here}

2. The Following User Says Thank You to grantdavey91 For This Useful Post:

largeportion (11-08-16)

Title
    Thanks
    Hi Grant, just had a look at the amount of Picons already in there and they amount to many hundreds covering at least 3 other Sats I'm tuned in to at this time, giving me logos on those Sats.This made me go back to your original post stating that these were for 28.2 only. There are only a couple of hundred plus as is correct of course for 28.2. So if I take out and replace with yours I'm going to lose a lot more than I'm putting in. Is there a way I can insert yours without having to discard the many more I have, as looking at a preview on my PC yours look the business.
    Thanks
    largeportion

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I know what you are saying that you have other picons that you don't want to get rid of on other sats -

The easiest way to work around this is I would suggest visiting picons.xyz and finding the picots you have but downloading the SNP version instead of the SRP set.

This should be the exact same set but they will be service named opposed to service referenced.

For example, if BBC One for argument sake was 0.0.888.AE:086754F as a SRP Picon, the SNP version will be the same logo, however wipe be named bbcone

I personally think SNP picons are a lot easier to work with that SRP picons as they are easy to work with

If you visit picons.xyz search for your set and look for the same named set but it will say SNP instead

You can download the tar.gz file, extract it on your PC , delete all the SRP ones you already have and ftp over the SNP set.

Once you've done that it's just a crass of ftp my picots over to the same location and you should be prompted with an overwrite message, click yes to all and this will replace the standard ones with mine
    Reboot the box when done and you should be good to go.

Hope this makes sense and helps you

Thanks
    - Vu+ Duo 2 1 x DVB-S/S2 Twin Tuner, 1 x DVB-C/T/2 Twin Hybrid Tuner, 1TB Internal HDD; Vu+ Official Qwerty remote, w/ OpenVix 4.2 & Slyk1HD V5.1 Skin by kiddac
    - Android 5.0.1 Lollipop Smart TV Box w/ Kodi v16.1 Jarvis custom flashed for EXMP fully loaded

FULL Picon Sets for LCD Screens and GUI - SNP includes 28.2e Satellite, Virmin Cable, 13, 23 & 19 Sat & IPTV {click here}

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by grantdavey91 View Post
    I know what you are saying that you have other picons that you don't want to get rid of on other sats -

The easiest way to work around this is I would suggest visiting picons.xyz and finding the picots you have but downloading the SNP version instead of the SRP set.

This should be the exact same set but they will be service named opposed to service referenced.

For example, if BBC One for argument sake was 0.0.888.AE:086754F as a SRP Picon, the SNP version will be the same logo, however wipe be named bbcone

I personally think SNP picons are a lot easier to work with that SRP picons as they are easy to work with

If you visit picons.xyz search for your set and look for the same named set but it will say SNP instead

You can download the tar.gz file, extract it on your PC , delete all the SRP ones you already have and ftp over the SNP set.

Once you've done that it's just a crass of ftp my picots over to the same location and you should be prompted with an overwrite message, click yes to all and this will replace the standard ones with mine

Thanks
    Yes it does thank you.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by grantdavey91 View Post

Thanks
    Yes it does thank you. Have found them. Do I use symlink or hard link variety. Might know there would be another question

Title
    Thanks
    Hi Grant you may have not got a notification on my last post edit, not sure how this works.
    "Yes it does thank you. Have found them. Do I use symlink or hard link variety. Might know there would be another question"
    Thanks again
    Largeportion

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by largeportion View Post
    Hi Grant you may have not got a notification on my last post edit, not sure how this works.
    "Yes it does thank you. Have found them. Do I use symlink or hard link variety. Might know there would be another question"
    Thanks again
    Largeportion
    Sorry about the delay, i've been at work this morning and not permitted to use phone unfortunately - best to use hardlink, should've mentioned this apologies

9. The Following User Says Thank You to grantdavey91 For This Useful Post:

largeportion (12-08-16)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    UPDATE!!!

FULL Picon set now available for satellite and cable and more!!

Was very time consuming but I got there in the end!!

See the thread here :

HTML Code:
    http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?52866-NEW-GD-Picons-FULL-SET-**Regularly-Updated**-Sat-Cable-Fsat-Fview-IPTV-amp-more&p=413138#post413138
    All future updates and changes will now be posted on the new thread

For full info please follow the link above

Set includes all channels !!

Thanks

Admin/Mods please feel free to close this thread

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to grantdavey91 For This Useful Post:

bluepassat (15-08-16),largeportion (17-08-16),R7UST (21-08-16)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234