Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Whats it worth? Xtrend ET9500

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks

Whats it worth? Xtrend ET9500

Just deciding wether or not to sell my Xtrend ET9500 to get something better or wether or not to keep it.

It has 1x DVB-S2 tuner and 1x DVB-C tuner with a 500GB 2.5" SATA HDD installed. Also comes with the other DVB-S2 tuner incase you want 2x DVB-S2 tuners rather than the current setup.

Purchased from WOS about six months ago.

Thanks
    Xtrend ET9500, 1m Gilbertini, 75cm Visiosat BISAT G3a triple lnb dish, EMP Centauri IRS system, Formuler F3, Venton Unibox Eco+, nBox 5800s, TechniSat SkyStar 2 eXpress HD PCI-e card

Title
    Thanks
    i'd be interested, don't need the HDD - let me know your price

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Bud, thanks for the offer but its not a for sale thread. Just wondering how much its worth at the moment.
    Xtrend ET9500, 1m Gilbertini, 75cm Visiosat BISAT G3a triple lnb dish, EMP Centauri IRS system, Formuler F3, Venton Unibox Eco+, nBox 5800s, TechniSat SkyStar 2 eXpress HD PCI-e card

Title
    Thanks
    Ok, if your were to sell, what would you realistically want for it, to enable you to purchase something different?

Title
    Thanks
    Something is worth what people are prepared to pay for it - so depends on who - I would buy it for £90 to £100.

Looking at what is available out there at the min- the ET8500 @ £210 with 500GB HDD which is better than the ET9500 (I think) I would guess you would be looking somewhere in the region of half of that.

A brand new 8500 with full guarantee, new everything, setup by WoS as opposed to a used ET9500 which only has a 6 month guarantee that may or may not be transferable?

You would have to price it accordingly to sell.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Flyingpig For This Useful Post:

imish (07-07-16)

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    I think i'll wait and upgrade my box in the bedroom, realistically the ET9500 does what i need it to do and that cable tuner was a right barsteward to find. With how little people seem to think what its worth i cant see any point in changing it for now.

As for the ET8500, its a very nice box which ticks all the boxes, but if its got that stupid security board with the battery in it i'm staying well away from it.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,888 Times in 2,243 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by manicscrewdriver View Post
    I think i'll wait and upgrade my box in the bedroom, realistically the ET9500 does what i need it to do and that cable tuner was a right barsteward to find. With how little people seem to think what its worth i cant see any point in changing it for now.

As for the ET8500, its a very nice box which ticks all the boxes, but if its got that stupid security board with the battery in it i'm staying well away from it.
    No,it doesn,t have the security board
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> DUR-Line DCR 5-1-8-L4 Multiswitch to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Spaun SUS 5581/33 NFA Multiswitch to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using Legacy ports on multiswitches
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

9. The Following User Says Thank You to twol For This Useful Post:

Clabs (07-07-16)

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,044 Times in 7,633 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by manicscrewdriver View Post
    but if its got that stupid security board with the battery in it i'm staying well away from it.
    ET8500 does not have security board, but lets put this into context. You got more chance of spending more money on another brand of receiver and it failing of some other hardware issue than the modern security boards failing.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Follow us on Twitter 0penViX
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Sicilian For This Useful Post:

manicscrewdriver (09-07-16)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,888 Times in 2,243 Posts
    I used to see endless complaints/discussions about Xtrend and their use of security boards and how long would the battery last, and how unfair it was that it only a 10 year battery life ....... but don,t remember ever seeing an actual failure down to the security board, although initially blamed for the fault
    .... the fact that most users never keep,their receiver longer than 5 years didn't seem to enter their discussions
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> DUR-Line DCR 5-1-8-L4 Multiswitch to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Spaun SUS 5581/33 NFA Multiswitch to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using Legacy ports on multiswitches
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    I'm not going into my thoughts of the security board as this wasn't what the thread was about, although i do hope Xtrend do release the software that does away with the need for it as other than the stupid battery its really not a bad receiver at all. I'm not holding my breath that Xtrend will release it any day soon though.

I will keep it a bit longer as i have my eye on the Gigablue UHD Quad 4K. I've always had a soft spot for Gigablue receivers, so its going to be a long wait for it to be released

Title
    Thanks
    Yeah, itf the extrend is working and meeting your needs no need to upgrade. Save the money for the time you need it, i bet then recievers will of moved on egain.