Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Vu Kodi

Title
    Thanks

Vu Kodi

I have just seen and installed Vu Kodi (as opposed to kodi direct). I have a few questions.

1) Can I install the Husham repository?

2) How do I exit the Kodi. I ended up having to install a wireless mouse and keyboard to select the exit button. I am wondering if this can this be done via the Vu remote control?

3) is this a stable plugin, can I treat it like an android install or is this Vu Kodi limited to 'specially coded apps it comes with'?

I thought I'd ask before I bugger up my system and have to re install. I also noticed when I installed VU Kodi about 6 other plugins came with it, is this normal, and will they disappear if Vu Kodi is uninstalled

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    1) you can install any repository you like
    2) Power - quit ( from within the Kodi menu)
    3) yes
    The add on's that came along with it will delete if you remove Kodi. I just removed the add on's and it didn't cause a problem.
    VU+ Solo2 HDD Harmony 650 remote
    Mutant HD51 4K
    VU+ Zero
    Edision OS MINI

Title
    Junior Admin
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,599 Times in 2,632 Posts
    It's a fully function kodi. You get skin error messages but it works fine.

Installed Orro on mine and it'd s beaut.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Support The Sponsor - Buy from the best HERE
    Please abide by the rules - have a read HERE
    VIX manual & guides >>HERE
    Download images from >> HERE
    New Box Setup Guide >>HERE

D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE

Follow us on Twitter

NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN! IN OPEN FORUM OR PM

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks Willmoore and Stanman

I tried installing the Titan Husham repo wizard and it didn't work I was hoping I could use a repo wizard so I could get all the good stuff in one go without having to install each repo and it's app separately.

Stanman I might try Orro, does it have the Istream?

Anyone else got any recommendations for a repo wizzards that works on Vu Kodi?

I'm anticipating being excited soon

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Install the ares wizard. www.areswizard.co.uk
    VU+ Solo2 HDD Harmony 650 remote
    Mutant HD51 4K
    VU+ Zero
    Edision OS MINI

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Wookie wizard works well on my Solo 2

Title
    Thanks
    I've now got Kodi Vu working and I'm hopeful, well more than that actually - I'm mildly excited, and I waiting for the next update that will hopefully fix a few niggles:

1) Once you're in an app, and you scroll through find a category, then you go to next page etc. As far as I can see the only way to exit the app is to retrace all your steps backwards …through all 11 steps, before you are out. Has anyone found a way to quite an app immediately?

2) What I did like about the old Kodi Direct was the predictive suggestions, and the keeping of old searches so you can reuse them. Obviously a 'clear search' is imperative to save an embarrassment when in company: eek:

3) Wizards Vs Repos. I tried a few wizards and ended up uninstalling everything and started again, as the wizards seem to be of a similar philosophy that more-is-better, where I am of the opinion less-is-more. I decided to install 2 repos, TVadons and xfinity. Between them I have everything I need. I now have about 12 addons that work flawlessly and 6 I'd like to get working via proxy, but they don't have that facility. I am puzzled why the Android version of these apps (such as 1Channel) doesn’t have the option of a 'custom domain' and although these are the same app, it doesn't have a custom domain option on the Vu (well none that I could find) Maybe I’m missing something?

4) Confluence seems the fastest skin, but not the prettiest. I went through a few of the skins and most look suitable for a 14 year old that appreciates bling without finesse. Has anyone found a simple skin with a conventional menu system with the ability to show 4 rows of shortcuts that can be sorted the way you want them? I am currently using Confluence/Husham skin as this allows 25 icon bookmarks on the home page (having said that I have found about 12 working addons.) I disabled Music and Weather, so I only have three menu items, and it looks less cluttered.

If anyone can shed some pearls of wisdom on the above, I'd be grateful.
    I can see once the niggles are ironed out VU Kodi will probably make my android box redundant and I can just use one remote and one box for everything

I'm not giving up my laptop just yet mind, as with the use of proxies in chrome I can find everything I want in seconds and stream it via a long HDMI cable. ( I have MS Wireless Display Adapter - which is more trouble than it's worth. (Note to self- list for 99p on ebay).
    Last edited by orange1234; 19-06-16 at 17:39.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    1/ Press down to the power button and exit that way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

Title
    Thanks
    I press exit on my duo 2 to get back to the main, I also mapped the help button to back up

Title
    Thanks
    Maybe it's on the solo2, on mine, on some of the apps when I press exit button on the remote, and I try to use a different app, the old app appears.The only way I can get rid of it is to scroll to the top to the dots are .. and press that, and do the same on the next page all the way backwards, or the app doesn't exit. Is this problem peculiar to me?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    I have Vu+ Solo 4K and Vu+ Solo2 running vuplu-kodi and both working fine here. When in a source/stream I just either click on those "3 dots" to keep going back or Exit to go back to the main screen. When at the main screen, press down and at the bottom left you have a power button, when pressed gives you various options to either Quit, Restart etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

Title
    Thanks
    Using Kodi on Vu Solo SE (Ver 2). Disappointed there appears to be no PVR built in. Would like to use IPTV Simple Client. Anyone have a suggestion in respect of this ?.

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Hi

lets hope the next upgrade sorts out the navi x and other shortcuts to addons not working almost as good as my android boxes and firestick but still using them while these two problems remain

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Hazza View Post
    I have Vu+ Solo 4K and Vu+ Solo2 running vuplu-kodi and both working fine here. When in a source/stream I just either click on those "3 dots" to keep going back or Exit to go back to the main screen. When at the main screen, press down and at the bottom left you have a power button, when pressed gives you various options to either Quit, Restart etc.
    On some apps I can press exit and the app exits. On most of the good ones though, when I press exit, it looks like it's exited, but when I select a different app the old app appears and the only way I can get rid of it is to use ... and back, ..back ...back ...back ...back then finally out.

Using KODI exit/close, takes longer as it takes about 30 seconds for Kodi to power down, then 30 seconds to power up. So for now ... is the quickest way. Hopefully Vu will have the Exit to mean Exit and not exit sometimes.

I noticed another 60 odd updates on Vix so maybe in time someone will fix a quick and reliable exiting of an app.

Do you know why apps such as 1Chanel that usually have a 'custom domain' doesn't on the Vu, or is it hidden?
    Last edited by orange1234; 20-06-16 at 16:06.

Title
    Thanks
    My OH solved the problem of exiting stubborn apps the easy way.

1) Press the power off button on the remote control (top right, big red one)
    2) Select Exit to Home screen. (last option)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast