Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HD channels missing on 1west

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

HD channels missing on 1west

Not sure if there is a problem with my set up, I'm getting around 70p/c signal on 1west using a 90cm dish in Belfast, which is more than enough signal I think

Recently some channels are occasionally not working, like sometimes C More Hits HD works, sometimes it says "INGEN SENDING" whatever that is

I had to do a scan recently, I have noticed lots of HD channels no longer there, C More First HD for example. Has something changed on this sat or is it likely to be an LNB/signal issue?

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,461 Times in 6,675 Posts
    Not sure which image you're running, but ViX has Thor/Intelsat 10-02 at 0.8W, not at 1W.

Help asked via PM will be ignored.
    The forum is there for help and all will benefit from your questions.
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN, IN OPEN FORUM OR PM !

English is not my native tongue.
    I apologise for all my grammar, spelling and idiom errors.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob van der Does View Post
    Not sure which image you're running, but ViX has Thor/Intelsat 10-02 at 0.8W, not at 1W.

Yes sorry Rob, I'm referring to Thor 0.8w (I have it stored as 1west on my setup but its that sat I'm referring to). And I'm using Vix image

Any ideas?

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    From my place (mid-France) the same applies. So my guess is (but I didn't follow the changes) that many transponders have become 'more difficult' (8PSK, high SR, low FEC). This is often done to allow for more services in one mux (--> cheaper).

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Rob van der Does For This Useful Post:

deckymckeown (10-06-16)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    From my place (mid-France) the same applies. So my guess is (but I didn't follow the changes) that many transponders have become 'more difficult' (8PSK, high SR, low FEC). This is often done to allow for more services in one mux (--> cheaper).
    Yes I got you, that would make sense....... thanks

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    A quick update on this, I opened a slightly older version of my channel file with dreambox edit, copied over some of the channels I'm now missing from Thor, C More Hits, C More First, C More First HD etc...

The channels copy into my current channel file, they appear in my bouqets when I reboot the receiver, the transponder info is correct as per kingofsat.net, I can also see the EPG data for the channel but the there is no signal and obviously no picture on screen??

Strange I'm getting the EPG data, and I don't mean by downloading it, its populating itself as if it recognises a signal on that channel
    Last edited by deckymckeown; 10-06-16 at 17:34. Reason: typo

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    That can indeed be the case.
    It is not uncommon for a provider to transmit all their EPG-data on all their transponders. So if you are tuned to one of those services for some time, the EPG for all their services will show on your GUI, even if that specific service can't be received at all.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Additional: if your receiving issue is indeed due to 'difficult' parameters, it's worth trying to adjust your dish. Don't forget the LNB-skew.
    Is it a fixed, single LNB dish?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    It's a quad lnb motorised dish rob- we had a few storms here lately and I had to do a bit of adjusting. I'm picking up other HD channels on this sat, a scan gets me around 100 channels which is a good bit less than from when I started to have issues

Signal on the channels that are working is around 70

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    You know that you can adjust your latitude (a bit) to make corrections?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Manually? I've used the positioner on the receiver to maximise the signal on each sat, fine movements left and right.

I'm thinking though my need to do slight adjustments at the dish manually, perhaps the angle of the dish where it's attached to the motor?

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,924 Times in 3,259 Posts
    90cm in Ireland is too small for any 8PSK transponders on K1 spot beam. 1.5-1.8m would be more realistic.
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Huevos View Post
    90cm in Ireland is too small for any 8PSK transponders on K1 spot beam. 1.5-1.8m would be more realistic.
    That would tie in with what Rob was saying about them cramming more channels on the same transponders then? Because they were working up until lately, always had a problem with C More Hits HD, but never with C More First HD and now it's gone as are loads of others.

Well cheers for the advise, saves me getting up and down the ladder like an idiot then ��

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by deckymckeown View Post
    Manually? I've used the positioner on the receiver to maximise the signal on each sat, fine movements left and right.
    But those fine-movements are not being stored (assuming you use USALS).
    What i do is as follows: when receiving (a number of transponders of) a satellite is getting worse, I use the positioner (indeed: fine movements) to see if I can get a stronger signal. If so, I change my position (in tuner config) a bit. If I had to move the dish to the east, I move my own position to the west (just 0.1 degree), and then repeat the procedure.
    Luckily not often needed, but indeed sometimes after a huge storm. And alignment then changes only a very small amount: I would never be able to correct such a small misalignment mechanically.

Besides: you said you have Thor on 1W. This means you are using your own satellite.xml: why do you do that and are you sure it's a correct & up-to-date one?
    And a difference of 0.2degree may already be enough for weak transponders to be unreceivable.
    Last edited by Rob van der Does; 11-06-16 at 04:10.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    No Rob I'm not using USALS, I have never been able to get the system working properly with that. Since the installation I have never used USALS and as such store the position on the motor , and if I do move it slightly via the receiver or manually at the dish I update the store position on the menu.

This is where the confusion of 1w comes in, and I referred to it incorrectly in my first post, apologies. The sat im having issues with is 0.8w. The positioner number I use when I've got the signal as high as it can be is relevant to the sat, just for my own benefit so I know which is which e.g 28 for 28.2e , 13 for 13e and in this instance 1 for 0.8w.

I know I am def on the right sat, I'm picking up around 100 plus channels on the scan, some of them in HD and the signal is showing around 70 . This number of channels is way less than before though and some of the channels that it had been suggested that it maybe would have been impossible for me to get on 8psk transponders on 90cm dish, I was receiving until lately, C more First HD etc.

Strangely the standard def version of that channel was trying to come through last night (from the old boquets I copied over not from a scan because it doesn't pick this channel up in a scan now) with the picture breaking up and being badly pixelated. Which suggests to me some fine tuning needed just

I will try this when I get home , but it's strange to me that the signal is around 70 on the channels that are working and I do get some HD channels like H2 etc
    Last edited by deckymckeown; 11-06-16 at 14:07. Reason: Typo

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast