Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: VU announces 2 new 4k-boxes at the Anga

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    i am still sitting on the fence with this one i want a new bigger TV probably a 50/55" as my 32" is now to small but sorting out a Decent 4k TV is like walking through a minefield i need 4 HDMI inputs as my current TV only has 3 HDMI inputs and i have to use a switch box but there are not many 4K TV's out their that have 4 HDMI's as most only have 2 or 3 and then their is the bigger problem of sorting out a 4K Receiver that actually works the way it is supposed to without costing more than my new Motorbike

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,888 Times in 2,243 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsw9154 View Post
    i am still sitting on the fence with this one i want a new bigger TV probably a 50/55" as my 32" is now to small but sorting out a Decent 4k TV is like walking through a minefield i need 4 HDMI inputs as my current TV only has 3 HDMI inputs and i have to use a switch box but there are not many 4K TV's out their that have 4 HDMI's as most only have 2 or 3 and then their is the bigger problem of sorting out a 4K Receiver that actually works the way it is supposed to without costing more than my new Motorbike
    I also like good sound, so I let my Onkyo receivers do all the hdmi switching .... so the current lounge Onkyo receiver has 4 x 4k inputs plus 4 "normal" inputs.... so I am not restricted by the TV (which is a "normal" Panasonic plasma)

Eventually when a decent reasonable price Enigma receiver comes out, I will try on my office 4K monitor and if it works well then think about the only current 4k TV option LG (or a brand using their Oled screens,)
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> DUR-Line DCR 5-1-8-L4 Multiswitch to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Spaun SUS 5581/33 NFA Multiswitch to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using Legacy ports on multiswitches
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nsw9154 View Post
    I dunno - i spend quite a bit on bikes!! if anything i reckon the price of TV's (for what you get has dropped quite a lot) im in the market soon for a 4k and Samsung still seems to be the best...

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Comfysofa View Post
    I dunno - i spend quite a bit on bikes!! if anything i reckon the price of TV's (for what you get has dropped quite a lot) im in the market soon for a 4k and Samsung still seems to be the best...
    Samsung are certainly not the best. Glance your eye over to the beautiful LG OLED 4K, the picture quality is astounding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Andy_Hazza For This Useful Post:

DaMacFunkin (20-10-16)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    OLED is still pretty expensive from what i can see....looking in curry's/pcworld the other day....about 1500 quid is my limit in terms of price and quality...TBH that was for a 55" ish tv but that might be a bit big so the price would drop again....

Title
    Junior Admin
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,599 Times in 2,632 Posts
    Look at the 58 dx902b panasonic, you can JL to pricematch for 1580 with district electrical

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Support The Sponsor - Buy from the best HERE
    Please abide by the rules - have a read HERE
    VIX manual & guides >>HERE
    Download images from >> HERE
    New Box Setup Guide >>HERE

D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE

Follow us on Twitter

NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN! IN OPEN FORUM OR PM

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ?

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Comfysofa View Post
    Andy is correct, Samsung are not the best, by a loooong way.
    The only player in town is Oled and that means LG or a brand that uses the LG Oled ( 5 +)
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using Legacy ports on multiswitches

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Hazza View Post
    Samsung are certainly not the best. Glance your eye over to the beautiful LG OLED 4K, the picture quality is astounding.

Andy I'm sure you love your TV and I'm sure it is really good, but just a quick Google will show two recent articles by respected sites/publications where a Samsung was chosen as best TV in a group test, one for HDR gaming, of which I have no interest, and one for best Home Cinema UHD HDR performance of which I have a lot of interest.
    Oled is very exciting and in a few years time it may be the best thing since sliced bread, but high end FALD sets still take some beating.
    Oi, same goes for you twol as well, lol.
    VU+ Ultimo 4K 3TB, 1x Twin DVBS-2 FBC / 1x DVB-C FBC/ 1x Twin DVB-T2.
    VU+ Solo4k 2TB, 2xFBC-S2, 2xC/T2, 1x Sundtek .
    1m Motorised Single LNB Dish, 60cm Fixed Octo LNB Dish.
    Samsung 65HU8500 with SEK-3500, Denon AVR-X2200W 5.1.2.
    Oppo UDP-203
    Panasonic 55VT50.
    Zidoo X9S
    Amazon Fire TV 4k & Amazon Fire TV (SPMC sideloaded).

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DaMacFunkin View Post
    Andy I'm sure you love your TV and I'm sure it is really good, but just a quick Google will show two recent articles by respected sites/publications where a Samsung was chosen as best TV in a group test, one for HDR gaming, of which I have no interest, and one for best Home Cinema UHD HDR performance of which I have a lot of interest.
    Oled is very exciting and in a few years time it may be the best thing since sliced bread, but high end FALD sets still take some beating.
    Yeah I know, everyone to there own. A couple of my friends went with Samsung and they regret it. I don't take much notice of reviews. I always go by what I see in store n take my own media to test, that's what I did when I bought my OLED, and I tried various tv's and every time I went back to the OLED, it just blew em away, just no comparison, but just my opinion, and my friends say the same.

Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DaMacFunkin View Post
    Gaming I can undesrstand but home cinema, you must be joking there are not enough dimming zones on a samsung fald to handle a cinema picture correctly,. When you consider that Samsung spend more on marketing than the rest of the industry put together its not surprising that they get some good reviews.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,461 Times in 6,675 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by twol View Post
    When you consider that Samsung spend more on marketing than the rest of the industry put together its not surprising that they get some good reviews.
    And 'marketing' implies supplying devices for testers, which may be kept by the reviewer most of the times.

Help asked via PM will be ignored.
    The forum is there for help and all will benefit from your questions.
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN, IN OPEN FORUM OR PM !

English is not my native tongue.
    I apologise for all my grammar, spelling and idiom errors.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456