Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: VU+ Solo2 / duo Vs Mutant (Mut@ant) 2400 HD

Title
    Thanks

VU+ Solo2 / duo Vs Mutant (Mut@ant) 2400 HD

I know there has been lots of threads giving opinion on Vu+ boxes or Mutant boxes as the best choice, most on a personal preference, regarding the remote or other bias, but not much on specs and performance.

The specs on the Mutant 2400 HD is more like the Duo2 as it has capability for 4 cards, but looks to be the same price range as the solo2 @ around £250 with a 1TB drive.

Looking at the specs for the Mutant 2400HD and the Solo/ Duo they are the identical except when it comes to the following

.................................Mutant................................ Vu+ Solo2

Linux kernel.................4.01.........................................3.13
    Display....................OLED 256x64............................VFD 140x32

The solo 4k which is about £100 dearer has a cpu of 1500 (instead of the 1300 of the Mutant and Solo2)

My question is what's the difference in picture quality. From what I can ascertain OLED is better than VFD. I have a Panasonic plasma TV, will I see any difference between mutant or solo2 on free HD Channels. I am guessing SD will be similar? Kodi is sub SD so I doubt there will be much difference there. (having said that, does the mutant support kodi, I saw thread suggesting it doesn't (it had no replies))

I am torn between recommending "THE box to get" for a friend, I have the solo2. Is the mutant better really? If so why...and I don't mean, size, remotes, etc, give me hard facts please.
    Last edited by orange1234; 24-05-16 at 13:52.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts

VU+ Solo2 / duo Vs Mutant (Mut@ant) 2400 HD

The Mut@nt HD2400 is not available from WoS. I would personally look at this, great spec'd box (Miraclebox Premium Twin+), better processor n more flash ram than the Vu+ Solo2, and this is from a guy who loves the Vu+ Solo2. >> http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/...us-2x-dvb-s-s2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Andy_Hazza For This Useful Post:

Sicilian (24-05-16)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Hazza View Post
    The Mut@nt HD2400 is not available from WoS. I would personally look at this, great spec'd box (Miraclebox Premium Twin+), better processor n more flash ram than the Vu+ Solo2, and this is from a guy who loves the Vu+ Solo2. >> http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/...us-2x-dvb-s-s2

Thanks Hassa. I see with a 1Tb drive the Miraclebox comes out at £259 which is a similar price to the Solo2. I notice it has the similar 1.3 processor as the solo 2. is it just the flash that's better?

Title
    Thanks
    Looks like the MB has a better processor. Dual 1.3GHz/3000MIPS as well as double flash memory compared to the Solo2.

Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter

Title
    Thanks
    Looks like the MB has a better processor. Dual 1.3GHz/3000MIPS as well as double flash memory compared to the Solo2.
    Nope, the Vu+ Solo2 has 2x1300 Mhz processors. Ram of 1024 the same as the miraclebox and nand flash 256. It won't run any faster with more flash memory, what it has is hardly fully utilised, not on Enigma2 anyway.

Processor speed is where it's at, it's only the Solo 4k that has 2x 1500Mhz processors. The Miracle box has 2x1300mhz

The Miraclebox comes out at £284 + £7.00 delivery with a 1TB drive and the Solo2 around £250 delivered for the same spec.

I guess the Vu+ Solo2 can't be beaten then?
    Last edited by orange1234; 25-05-16 at 11:16.

Title
    Thanks
    I know the Solo2 is fast at booting up, but Stef @ WoS says the MB is even faster at booting up.

Title
    Thanks
    I know the Solo2 is fast at booting up, but Stef @ WoS says the MB is even faster at booting up.
    I can't see that, bootup depends on the speed of the Hard Drive and the size of the image being booted, if both have 2x1300 mhz chips and 1024 of ram then the bootup should be identical.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by orange1234 View Post
    if both have 2x1300 mhz chips and 1024 of ram then the bootup should be identical.
    Also depends on box features & drivers.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by judge View Post
    Also depends on box features & drivers.
    Hi Judge, has anyone done a bench test on the two boxes side by side loading the identical image to see which one boots faster. I'd be surprised if one beat the other by more than a 2 second either way. I can't see a youtube bootup lab test.

Once booted up, if both have 2 x 1300mhz chips and 1024 ram then I am thinking they should be identical on performance, except the MB costs more than the Vu+ Solo2. I'm not knocking the MB, just confining the best value for money / spec for a friend who is looking to have a Satellite box and is looking for a recommendation as to best/value for money box to buy today.

Do you know if the Mitant 2400 HD or the Miracle box support Kodi / TS Media etc like the Vu+ does?

When the Solo 4k comes down in price, I'll be upgrading to that myself, but not just yet.

Title
    Thanks
    The miraclebox premium twin + is 199 and 60 quid if you are looking the HDD. The solo2 is 209 plus the 60 so it is 10 quid cheaper (not much).

The two also have different chips the MB Twin + is BCM7241 and the Solo2 is BCM7356 - both 2x 1300mhz. The 7241 is slightly newer but that doesn't necessarily mean better. Which is faster/better? I don't know I was in the same boat as you. I opted for a MB Twin + and it's sitting beside me in work right now. Will be testing it out later and I have used a Solo2 before so I can report back.

Most e2 boxes will support TS Media and other plugins. Kodi is officially only available for VU+ boxes.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by scottmcmullan8 View Post
    The miraclebox premium twin + is 199 and 60 quid if you are looking the HDD. The solo2 is 209 plus the 60 so it is 10 quid cheaper (not much).

The two also have different chips the MB Twin + is BCM7241 and the Solo2 is BCM7356 - both 2x 1300mhz. The 7241 is slightly newer but that doesn't necessarily mean better. Which is faster/better? I don't know I was in the same boat as you. I opted for a MB Twin + and it's sitting beside me in work right now. Will be testing it out later and I have used a Solo2 before so I can report back.

Most e2 boxes will support TS Media and other plugins. Kodi is officially only available for VU+ boxes.
    That would be interesting to see if there is any difference in boot up between the two, can you put them side by siade and load the same image and report back.

Having said that even if one took an extra 5 seconds to boot up, but was faster, better and more stable in use, I'd sacrifice 5 seconds any day for great day to day performance. I rarely have to boot up so even 5 seconds isn't going to be a deal breaker.

With the MB, don't forget the £7.00 delivery charge which makes the MB £259, the Solo2 with 1Tb is available on auction sites for £249 delivered.

That said, it's not all about price one should support this site whenever possible.
    Last edited by orange1234; 25-05-16 at 13:39.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by orange1234 View Post
    That would be interesting to see if there is any difference in boot up between the two, can you put them side by siade and load the same image and report back.

Having said that even if one took an extra 5 seconds to boot up, but was faster, better and more stable in use, I'd sacrifice 5 seconds any day for great day to day performance. I rarely have to boot up so even 5 seconds isn't going to be a deal breaker.

With the MB, don't forget the £7.00 delivery charge which makes the MB £259, the Solo2 with 1Tb is available on auction sites for £249 delivered.

That said, it's not all about price one should support this site whenever possible.
    Ah ok sorry I thought you were just pricing of this site - I wouldn't trust buying of anywhere else to be honest but that is just me. I ordered my box yesterday at around 11am and I received it today at 11am. I am over in the north of ireland so well chuffed with the turn around time.

I don't have the Solo2 anymore unfortunately this was set up by me for a friend - I went with this for him because they just work and he wouldn't be able to configure himself. So once I set it up he hasn't had any problems and loves the receiver. I thought it was impressive as well but when comparing it to the nano 3t speed wise and with one less tuner I couldn't justify the price difference in my head. So it will be interesting to see what I make of the MB premium twin+.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by scottmcmullan8 View Post
    Ah ok sorry I thought you were just pricing of this site - I wouldn't trust buying of anywhere else to be honest but that is just me. I ordered my box yesterday at around 11am and I received it today at 11am. I am over in the north of ireland so well chuffed with the turn around time.

I don't have the Solo2 anymore unfortunately this was set up by me for a friend - I went with this for him because they just work and he wouldn't be able to configure himself. So once I set it up he hasn't had any problems and loves the receiver. I thought it was impressive as well but when comparing it to the nano 3t speed wise and with one less tuner I couldn't justify the price difference in my head. So it will be interesting to see what I make of the MB premium twin+.
    It will be good to hear your feedback on MB. It's funny that you are in Ireland, and the official Vu+ distributor that is selling at £249 ...is in Ireland too, you could probably pick it up, do a deal face to face and save the postage too

I got mine from Estonia 15 months ago, well before I found this site. It arrived in 48hrs loaded with the latest Vix and 1tb drive and is perfect. At the time it was about £50 cheaper than I could find anywhere in the UK. The euro was low and the pound high so paypal gave me a great rate on the day of purchase saving me a fortune. There are cheaper than the official Irish distributor, but he's the first one that comes up when you sort low to high.

Than ks everyone, I think I have my answer the Vu+ Solo2 still appears to be the best value box with like for like specs of dearer boxes.
    Last edited by orange1234; 25-05-16 at 13:56.

Title
    Thanks
    You'll be able to use TsMedia on the Mut@nt & the Miraclebox, not the Kodi plugin which is only available for the Vu+ Duo2, Vu+ Solo SE v2, Vu+ Solo2 & the Vu+ Solo4K.

Title
    Thanks
    Hi,

Can I ask why WoS stopped selling the Mutand HD 2400? I received a lot of marketing from them a few months ago proclaiming the HD 2400 as a new standard bearer and then all of a sudden they drop it. Is there anything wrong with the box or is it a commercial dispute of some sort?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast